Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cam's postgame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Cam's postgame Reply with quote

Anyone else disappointed by the way Cam was acting in his postgame? I understand that he takes every loss personally, and he is ultra-competitive and whatnot. However, that doesn't give him an excuse to act so unprofessionally in a postgame news conference. Look at all the other postgame interviews (Smith, Rivera, Gross, etc). Each of those guys are able to show their disdain for the performance from that night, but they were still able to answer the questions in a professional manner. Even Frank Alexander was able to give a better postgame interview than Cam was. As the leader and the face of this franchise he simply cannot pout while presenting himself in the public. It just sends off the wrong message.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cam's postgame Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Anyone else disappointed by the way Cam was acting in his postgame? I understand that he takes every loss personally, and he is ultra-competitive and whatnot. However, that doesn't give him an excuse to act so unprofessionally in a postgame news conference. Look at all the other postgame interviews (Smith, Rivera, Gross, etc). Each of those guys are able to show their disdain for the performance from that night, but they were still able to answer the questions in a professional manner. Even Frank Alexander was able to give a better postgame interview than Cam was. As the leader and the face of this franchise he simply cannot pout while presenting himself in the public. It just sends off the wrong message.

Dude is immature.

CK on the sig
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might wear his heart on his sleeve a tad too much but I didn't see much of a problem with his press conference. He answered every question and openly blamed himself for the loss, said that he would be embarrassed to have watched that kind of a performance, and said they need to get to work and learn to execute better. He answered every question in a professional manners sans the "would you rank this up with one of your worst performances."

His press conference after the 1st and 2nd Atlanta games did disappoint me though, granted the question he was asked in the 1st one didn't even deserve a response so I can't blame him for the way he reacted to that.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he's just really childish...he'll mature eventually but it's not something that'll get fixed overnight. i'm more concerned with his performance on the field than his post game pressers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like his passion for the game and how hard he takes losses and stuff but as the QB and the face of the team, I don't know how the team can follow someone like that. How can you be lead by a guy who is just moping to himself when everything is going bad. He just looks like he's accepted defeat before it's even over.

I know he wouldn't do that but the image he put's out says that. Im glad Steve Smith tore into him a little bit. Gotta love that guy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's got tons of pressure on him and he's put it there with his play and being the number one pick. I'm not sure he has the team around him to even come close to living up to expectations. Fans forecast big things for this team based off of him but the team has to improve just like he does.

He's got a chip on his shoulder and it gets the best of him at times. Sounds familiar. He's 23 and he's learning how to carry an entire franchise on and off the field. People seem to make it sound so easy. Give it some time seems to be the best method for these things. This season looks like it's going to have tons of challenges to speed that up.

BTW, Rivera has said Cam is trying to work on this. HE's sought out a "mind coach" on his own. It's not uncommon for players to talk with sports psychologists. Of course the media will act as if nobody does and this is a big red flag but screw the media they've had it out for Cam since day one.
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has all the talent in the world. He can truely be great but he has alot of growing up to do. I know everyone is different but I dont see luck, rg3, ponder or wilson acting the way he acts. I hate to say it but we will never win anything until he grows up.

Im just getting worried he cares more about celebating and his own image then he does the team.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How in the world do you get that? Newton is sulking because he cares about the team and hates losing. If he cared more about himself, he wouldn't have looked as devastated as he did many times last year post-game and I guarantee you he'll look just as disappointed in his post game interview today.

Does Newton need to become more of a leader? Sure, yeah. But don't buy into the hype. Newton cares just as much about winning as the next guy.
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didnt see anything wrong wirh him celebrating last week when we were getting smashed? Im not saying he doesnt care at all about the team. Im saying its starting to come across a little bit selfish. Like is said, he has all the talent and can be great but he has to grow up quick.

iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he should have celebrated. But it doesn't mean he doesn't care about the team. He clearly by his post game interviews is absolutely devastated when the team loses regardless of his performance. His issue is he has to get better at conveying and controlling his emotions (or, like you said, maturing).
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I don't think he should have celebrated. But it doesn't mean he doesn't care about the team. He clearly by his post game interviews is absolutely devastated when the team loses regardless of his performance. His issue is he has to get better at conveying and controlling his emotions (or, like you said, maturing).

I agree

PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really needs to be more mature. Stop celebrating. You can celebrate if you win not for a single TD or first down. You see Steve Smith and other players trying to talk to Cam on the sideline. I feel as the QB he should be the one doing that to other people. QBs should keep their composure and not sulk during the game. Players usually look to the QB as the leader and when your QB is a crybaby than the teams morale won't be as high. He doesn't have that never say die mentality. Don't be upset about an int. You have to have a short term memory and be filled with confidence(throughout the whole game).

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
He really needs to be more mature. Stop celebrating. You can celebrate if you win not for a single TD or first down. You see Steve Smith and other players trying to talk to Cam on the sideline. I feel as the QB he should be the one doing that to other people. QBs should keep their composure and not sulk during the game. Players usually look to the QB as the leader and when your QB is a crybaby than the teams morale won't be as high. He doesn't have that never say die mentality. Don't be upset about an int. You have to have a short term memory and be filled with confidence(throughout the whole game).

Thats my maon problem with cam. You see guys pumping him up. As the qb he should be pumping the team up and getting the team together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: