Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State (Senior)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not #1 pick worthy at this point. I think it definitely says something when he always plays sub-par against the better opposition. This is not the case of the skilled players being overwhelmed or anything as they are as good as it gets. Carr holds on to the ball longer than he should and as stated earlier trusts his arm a little too much. Even though he is a RS junior, this is only his second season as an starter. It will benefit him coming back for another season but I can't see a team taking him #1 overall. Carr will be set up to fail and than both brothers will be All Time Busts LOL. All kidding aside, he has a chance to be very good if he cleans up those flaws.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr ran a 4.56 40 and 3.90 shuttle in team workouts in spring ball.

I don't think he's ready at this point....if he declared he'd probably be a mid-round pick. .
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Carr and have watched him a lot, he reminds a lot of Eli Manning. He just gets it. He plays QB well and is a good leader (from what I've seen). He has played extremely well this season. And I could see a teams argument about taking him #1 overall. I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes him there either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm just not seeing #1 overall at this point as he is a risk. Now, if that team wants to sit him for a year than maybe. He will be better off staying for another season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
There's two things I lve about him.

1. The arm talent. He makes throws I don't se anyone else in colege football making on a consistent basis.

2. The way he moves around buying time while always keping his eyes down field.

I think ther is a chance, I'm not sur yet, that he could b the #1 pick tis year. I definitey think he i thetop QB off the board if e retuns for a senior season.

Yea, I don't know why he'd stay unless he thinks he's not ready. With Geno having some subpar outings and the other QBs underwhelming, he has a shot at going #1. He has the arm talent along with everything else. Even if he didn't go #1, imo, he'd still probably be the 2nd QB taken unless he did terribly in the post-season.

I am all in on him jrry32. Love this his game. Great arm talent. IMO if he came out this year, with Barkly & Geno having up & down seasons, he'd be the #1 qb prospect. I wrote this piece on him back in June

http://www.footballnation.com/content/fresno-state-qb-derek-carr-following-his-brothers-footsteps/14893/

Jamison with the sig
terbo559

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I personally attend Fresno State. I do watch a couple of Fresno State games, but I probably do not keep track with college football as much as some people on here. I'll give you guys what I personally think of Derek Carr.

My take on Derek Carr is that he is a leader. I also heard that he has good work ethic from some Fresno State football campus newspaper. I think this comes from him being the younger brother of David Carr who has experience going into the draft and playing in the NFL, so he probably learned a lot on how to handle his job correctly.

Pros: I like his size, arm strength, his pocket presence, footwork, accuracy, and touch on the ball. Though he is a pass first quarterback, he does have some mobility as well like rolling out of the pocket and throwing, or running.

Cons: Like what another guy on here said, sometimes he is kind of like Jay Cutler. When defenses sack him, or pressure him a couple of times, he will start to make some bad decisions, sometimes trusting his arm strength too much and over throwing. In some cases, rushing and not going through with his footwork, then throwing off his back foot. I noticed this when he faced better defense like Boise State, but I also see him improve in this every year.

I heard that he is planning on returning for his senior year, but if he was to enter the draft this year, I would say he would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder at worst, but has the potential of becoming a 1st rounder. I think he would be a first rounder next year depending on how his year goes.
lod01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Is he David Carr's brother?

Yes.

He's definitely good. First rounder, maybe, we'll see. His arm strength, vision, decision making and accuracy are all at least above average. Against Nebraska last year, he never had any real big gains on passes, but he kept killing us on 5-15 yard passes.

Then he will excel at the NFl level when it comes to conning GM's out of millions of $. As far as NFL QB ability. Carr lived off of dink and dunk until they fell behind and then he showed how bad he sucked. Just keep this turd away from my FF WRs.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lod01 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Yes.

He's definitely good. First rounder, maybe, we'll see. His arm strength, vision, decision making and accuracy are all at least above average. Against Nebraska last year, he never had any real big gains on passes, but he kept killing us on 5-15 yard passes.

Then he will excel at the NFl level when it comes to conning GM's out of millions of $. As far as NFL QB ability. Carr lived off of dink and dunk until they fell behind and then he showed how bad he sucked. Just keep this turd away from my FF WRs.

Are you talking about David Carr, and thus saying that since he sucks, Derek will too? Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lod01 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Yes.

Actually, Derek might have the best deep ball in this class...if he were to come out. Hill's offense last year utilized a lot of vertical passing. Jalen Saunders(now at OU) and Carr lit up the WAC with it.

This year, with a new HC, they've moved to more of a spread attack with a lot of shorter, quick passes. But Derek Carr can definitely get vertical and throws a nice deep ball.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
BearDown79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
lod01 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Yes.

Actually, Derek might have the best deep ball in this class...if he were to come out. Hill's offense last year utilized a lot of vertical passing. Jalen Saunders(now at OU) and Carr lit up the WAC with it.

This year, with a new HC, they've moved to more of a spread attack with a lot of shorter, quick passes. But Derek Carr can definitely get vertical and throws a nice deep ball.

This offense is much different than what Hill ran. Hill ran a more pro-style offense. This offense under Dave Schramm is no-huddle up-tempo with some quick hitting stuff that gets the ball out of Carr's hand quickly. I love Carr's tape from last year because you could really see him drive the ball down field and take shots. He's got an elite arm. If you doubt it , take a look at his tape from last year as I stated. If he came out this year and I were a GM and I needed a QB, I would go and get him with no reservations.

Jamison with the sig
coors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relation to David?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Relation to David?

Brother

^Kempes^
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vs Boise State:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gpj4oidE8[/u]
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is the opposite of his brother with his style of play. Carr has an absolute rocket and throws a great deep ball. Like I said, his biggest flaw may be he is too confident in his am.

He is playing right now on the NBCSN if anyone wants to watch him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last throw shows how strong of an arm he has and why he is different than his brother. If Derek Carr sees a one on one situation, he will give his WR a chance to make a play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: