Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XII - Design firm is announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypno toad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a retractable roof so we can get some snow games!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypno toad wrote:
We need a retractable roof so we can get some snow games!

Would be interesting... it's come out recently that the NFL actually has no rule on the roof having to be closed for temperature reasons. the 40 degree rule just applies to Lucas Oil and must be self imposed.

Officials, however, can close the roof due to inclement weather as long as it's not in the last five minutes of the game or overtime.
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Klomp wrote:
One thing I've noticed is that two of the newer sports stadiums in the big cities show me that the teams are out of touch with their fan base. Stadiums in Dallas and New York are proof of that.

While its nice to have a stadium that fans want to go to, the stadium shouldn't be the reason fans go to the game, so much to the extent that it takes away from the home field advantage you may have otherwise.

I could not disagree mote strongly. The stadium should be so awesome you want to go there even if the attraction performing in it is bad. That is the way to build a building you want to last for decades.

After two 90+ loss seasons, the Twins still drew good crowds for most of the season.

The reason? Because Target Field is such a dynamic structure that people from all over the nation go there to take in a game regardless of how the product on the field is.

That's what ANY new stadium should feature. A reason to go there even if the Vikings post five 0-16 seasons in a row.

If you're spending a billion dollars on it, make it something brilliant.
Heck, there's times at Target Field when it's a sell out yet the stands look 3/4 full due to people wondering around Target Field eating, drinking, shopping at the big Majestic store, etc.

Why shouldn't a BILLION DOLLAR stadium have the same affect? I didn't watch this stadium issue intently for 15 years to get a bland stadium. I don't spend money on season tickets to get a bland stadium.

I want it ALL.

Bars, restaurants, stores, tons of food and beer, a REAL Vikings Hall of Fame. Not just some $50 banners hanging above every suite.

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that, but the Vikes only get less than a dozen events there....it needs to be good enough for music and all other events it wants to hold also.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WRESTLEMANIA!
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The architect for the new Minnesota Vikings stadium is heading outstate twice in the next month to get perspective from rural Minnesotans on what they want to see in the design of the nearly $1 billion downtown Minneapolis development.

Michele Kelm-Helgen, the authority chairwoman, said HKS should have schematic designs ready for viewing by late January or early February. The authority is working with the Vikings in overseeing the project. Groundbreaking is tentatively scheduled for late next summer. The Vikings hope to have the stadium finished in time for the 2016 NFL season.

http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/176468951.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The design team drawing up plans for the Vikings $975 million stadium is heading north later this month as part of a regional tour aimed at capturing the publicís perspective on what they hope to see in the project.

HKS Inc., the project architect, along with Vikings officials and members of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority have firmed up plans to host a public forum on the stadium's design from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 27 at the Holiday Inn & Suites, 200 W. First St. in downtown Duluth.

http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/176844761.html

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The odds are strong that U.S. Bank will win the new Vikings stadium naming rights.

U.S. Bancorp President Richard K. Davis worked hard among the business community to get the stadium funded and formed a very close friendship with the Wilf family, owners of the Vikings.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/176890851.html

It's Sid, so take it for what it's worth.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a Vikings stadium is built, look for ownership to build a new office and practice complex. Asked about it the other day, Mark Wilf, owner and president of the team, said, "We need something nicer and something bigger." Vikings executives and ownership have been looking at sites in the Eden Prairie area for a new practice facility.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/176890851.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://1390thefan.com/governor-dayton-threatens-to-nix-vikings-stadium/

The Vikings stadium could be in some trouble. According to Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com Governor Mark Dayton isnít happy with the Vikings to 2 reasons. One is the Vikings willingness to play home games in London while the Stadium is being constructed and two because the Vikings are planning to raise their portion of the teamís contribution toward the stadium by raising season-ticket costs with seat lisencing fees.
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings made Dayton aware of both of those issues and were actually in the final bill that Dayton turned into law.

No worries here.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Despite_governors_objections_Vikings_stadium_legislation_allows_PSLs111312

Last edited by Vikes_Bolts1228 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
The Vikings made Dayton aware of both of those issues and were actually in the final bill that Dayton turned into law.

No worries here.

That makes me feel better!
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't even concerned about what Dayton stated. It's just a case of political grandstanding. Everyone knows that they were going to consider PSLs (or SBLs) even prior to the bill being passed.

I took the survey myself (even though I have no intention of purchasing season tickets, since I live out of state), and some of the amounts that were being suggested aren't all that unreasonable considering that it can be paid over several years. As long as it's cheaper than what was paid in Dallas or New York (based upon market size, it should), I don't think it's all that big of a deal.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:

No worries here.

That makes me feel better!

Yea, I guess Dayton is getting ripped to shreds because all of the PSL and out of country home games were in the bill that HE signed but apparently didn't read or understand.

vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a very well written article about the sudden controversy over PSL's:

http://min.scout.com/2/1239461.html

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: