Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XII - Design firm is announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I haven't seen anyone mention how the first picture looks like 5 Viking horns lined up next to each other.

wow, you're right!

excellent visual intuitive perception for the Kansas dood....

other than i think it's six horns, perhaps for the Vikes entering their sixth decade as a team.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, it is 6...apparently my math skills have eroded. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an interior sketch of the glass dome idea up on their site now. I can't seem to link to it directly but if you click on the Vikings logo (The People's Stadium?Laughing ) and then click on the 3rd picture in the lower right you will see it.
http://hksinc.com/#/sports/experiences/on-the-boards?ssp=true&gallery=57&id=0
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Un....real. Shocked Shocked Shocked
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:

Ya, if that can be pulled off then screw a retractable roof IMO. Having this design would likely put us alone and on top of stadium designs not only for the NFL, but the entire world. Can you imagine what a game would look like if there was a blizzard happening during a game in this dome? The scenery would be amazing.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty amazing dome.

I just hope they don't have a replay screen like the Cowboys do. I feel it infringes upon the field by going across it, and it doesn't provide a replay to the people who need it most, people sitting on either end of the field.

Other than that it look pretty amazing. I hope they go for really steep stands, that way the fans are closer to the field, and the stadium feels more compact.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:

That would be beyond cool.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

That would be beyond cool.
I would love a stadium like this.

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
I just hope they don't have a replay screen like the Cowboys do. I feel it infringes upon the field by going across it, and it doesn't provide a replay to the people who need it most, people sitting on either end of the field.

There are screens on both ends of the big screen too for those in the end zone seats.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

There are screens on both ends of the big screen too for those in the end zone seats.

That clears that up. Still, if you just have the screens on at each end of the field, everyone can still see them, and you don't have a huge screen hovering over the field.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL is a copycat league, and that goes for everything, not just the play on the field. These owners have such big egos that they aren't going to completely outdone by one another. And Jerry Jones set the bar with his stadium and it's features. Now it's all about "keeping up with the Joneses".

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings stadium have a giants video screen, especially when it's a feature that puts people in seats, something that the NFL is trying to improve. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see a bar/ fan zone that looked into the tunnel when the team runs onto the field.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings stadium have a giants video screen, especially when it's a feature that puts people in seats, something that the NFL is trying to improve. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see a bar/ fan zone that looked into the tunnel when the team runs onto the field.

As a sports fan, this just doesn't make any sense to me. You go to the stadium to see the players live, out there on the field. If you want to see them on a screen, just stay home. Surprised

The big screen might add entertainement(whatever that is), but it doesn't add anything to the actual football experience.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

As a sports fan, this just doesn't make any sense to me. You go to the stadium to see the players live, out there on the field. If you want to see them on a screen, just stay home. Surprised

The big screen might add entertainement(whatever that is), but it doesn't add anything to the actual football experience.

Except people are staying home because they can see the field better. Big screens ARE important.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Except people are staying home because they can see the field better. Big screens ARE important.

I'm just going by my personal opinion here. When I go to the stadium of my local soccer team (AFC Ajax 4x CL winner), I go there to see the players out on the field, not to watch the replays on the screen (which are tiny in size compared to the Cowboys stadium I'll admit).

Just personal preference. I don't see the point in all those fancy frills that have nothing to do with the actual game. Just build a solid stadium, with good stands, spacy arcades/walkways, a place that breathes football.

PS: From what I've gathered here and there, some of the more diehard Cowboys fans aren't all that pleased with their stadium. Too much casual fans, no real homefield advantage.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:

an obviously incredibly beautiful design, but it's missing something important.

lights for night games.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: