Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Beanie To IR, Cards resign Alfonso Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Beanie placed on IR but designated to return this season.

Best thing to do. Let him get healthy and then come back full strength.

Still am praying we don't start throwing the football 35 times a game.

Agreed game situation determined we run it in that second half even without Beanie.

I would still like to see us go a full drive early, no huddle, a lot of shotgun and run draws/delays with Williams. His big 25 yard run on Sunday was a draw from the shotgun on 3rd and long, but on the other hand our biggest play this season, the Fitz TD worked becasue we have run the ball out of the set and formation before that game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's officially a torn toe ligament for Beanie. Earliest he can come back is week 12.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
This is disappointing to hear. Hate to see the team go without their best RB for half a season. Huge opportunity for Ryan Williams to establish himself and LSH should get more touches in the backfield. Powell will be active on gamedays. Wililams and LSH both need to stay healthy.
I agree LSH needs more touches but hopefully not too many running from the backfield. I'd like to see what Powell can do, hopefully he can be a contributor while Beanie is out.

El ramster on the sig
younggun1273

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
This is disappointing to hear. Hate to see the team go without their best RB for half a season. Huge opportunity for Ryan Williams to establish himself and LSH should get more touches in the backfield. Powell will be active on gamedays. Wililams and LSH both need to stay healthy.

I agree LSH needs more touches but hopefully not too many running from the backfield. I'd like to see what Powell can do, hopefully he can be a contributor while Beanie is out.

I know what you mean. We certainly do not want to have LSH get hurt as well back there, but he is deadly in space with the ball in his hands. Powell showed good moves in the preseason and hopefully he brings that again.

He also has extremely fresh legs as he barely had touches in college. That part is the wildcard IMO.

Justo on the sig
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to James from The U?

did he hurt himself or was he just cut?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

He was hurt when we cut him, injury settlement was paid.

On the Running Back situation, this is a big chance for William Powell to get some carries and show what he did in the preseason was not a fluke.

Remember last season we went into games with Seattle with Alphonso Smith and LSH as our starting RB's and went 1-1 in those games and were some missed FG''s from 2-0.

We can function without our top backs, but I don't want it to get to that.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

I know what you mean. We certainly do not want to have LSH get hurt as well back there, but he is deadly in space with the ball in his hands. Powell showed good moves in the preseason and hopefully he brings that again.

He also has extremely fresh legs as he barely had touches in college. That part is the wildcard IMO.

LSH may already be hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I think it's fair to say next year will be Beanie's last as a Card.

When healthy, he's a true beast. But you may be right. IR Wells spends more time on the bench than the grass. Somebody would take a flier and he's back on the IR.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same injury he had as a rookie I think? Coming out injury problems were the biggest concerns and they still linger. I don't think the Cards change their offensive attack since beanie has contributed little anyhow this season.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

LSH may already be hurt.

That is right. I forgot he is dealing with a groin strain. We really need Ryan Williams to be a workhorse.

Justo on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

He was hurt when we cut him, injury settlement was paid.

On the Running Back situation, this is a big chance for William Powell to get some carries and show what he did in the preseason was not a fluke.

Remember last season we went into games with Seattle with Alphonso Smith and LSH as our starting RB's and went 1-1 in those games and were some missed FG''s from 2-0.

We can function without our top backs, but I don't want it to get to that.

If we are talking about Javarris James he still on Injured Reserve according to the main website. Was my understanding he tore his ACL in the last game but the team wanted to keep him around till next year.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: