Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders-Broncos GDT: Sun Sept 30 4:05 et
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raiders-Broncos
Raiders
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Broncos
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

Author Message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15881
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
things im looking for:

-i hope we send some lb's on some blitzes. imo seems like rolo is our best option for a pass rush. i wanna see burris on some blitzes also.


That would be a massive FAIL. Manning is the type QB that dares you to blitz. That plays right into what he does well. His TEs and Stokely would eat up the underneath while Slowland lumbers towards the QB.

You don't blitz Manning. This game is on Kelly/Seymour/Bryant to press up the middle.
Which could be more difficult if Kuper is back this week and he did practice today. If Ramirez is still starting then although it won't nearly be to the effect that Watt had, there will be pressure up the middle.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doom92


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 215
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving all the blind homerism by you guys. This game is a blowout and it's not even debatable....whatsoever. The Broncos are playing at home against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, with a makeshift secondary and a non-existent pass rush. The talk that you guys will try to implement Houston's gameplan is just silly. Houston has the best defense and one of the most balanced and well-orchestrated offense in the NFL. Houston is way better than you guys at every single position, except maybe kicker and punter. You guys don't have the personnel or coaching to implement Houston's gameplan and actually hope for success. Plain and simple you guys are going to get blown out. Oh yeah we're soft against the run....except we held Foster/Tate (The best runningback tandem in the NFL) to a combined 3.96 YPC as well as Michael Turner to 2.5 YPC. McFadden is going to be shut down. Despite what BP said, our run defense is vastly improved. Also, Ramirez isn't going to play, Kuper (Our best O-lineman and captain) has returned from his injury and will start. Oakland's offensive line is pretty poor besides Veldheer, and your fill in RT, is in for a tough game against Miller or Doom. Our pass rush should be in for a feast this week. You better not leave Smith on an island with Doom or Von or Palmer might have a hard time coming out of this game without injury. You guys don't have an offensive threat that really scares me. No playmakers like Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Heath Miller, Mike Wallace, Antonion Brown, Tony Gonzalez, and Owen Daniels that we have had to face in the past couple weeks. Moore is talented, but Bailey will cover him one-on-one and take him out of the game. Then you don't have DHB and just have a bunch of 4th and 5th receivers playing as your 2nd and 3rds, which we should have no problem handling. Your TE's are very average and really don't scare anyone. The only guys I'm even remotely worried about is McFadden and Reece as they have hurt us in the past, but if we keep playing as well as we have in run defense they shouldn't be a factor in this game. So in short, good luck fellas! You're gonna need it! Here's to no injuries.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom92 wrote:
I'm loving all the blind homerism by you guys
.
Literally next sentence:
Doom92 wrote:
This game is a blowout and it's not even debatable....whatsoever


Seems legit.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6115
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be a tough game. Manning will be great but so was Big Ben last week. I think we'll be in it and the game will be decided in the 4th Q. It's just a matter of who makes those tough situation plays(The 3rd and 7's, 4th and 2's, 58+ yard FG's).
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6416
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom92 wrote:
I'm loving all the blind homerism by you guys. This game is a blowout and it's not even debatable....whatsoever. The Broncos are playing at home against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, with a makeshift secondary and a non-existent pass rush. The talk that you guys will try to implement Houston's gameplan is just silly. Houston has the best defense and one of the most balanced and well-orchestrated offense in the NFL. Houston is way better than you guys at every single position, except maybe kicker and punter. You guys don't have the personnel or coaching to implement Houston's gameplan and actually hope for success. Plain and simple you guys are going to get blown out. Oh yeah we're soft against the run....except we held Foster/Tate (The best runningback tandem in the NFL) to a combined 3.96 YPC as well as Michael Turner to 2.5 YPC. McFadden is going to be shut down. Despite what BP said, our run defense is vastly improved. Also, Ramirez isn't going to play, Kuper (Our best O-lineman and captain) has returned from his injury and will start. Oakland's offensive line is pretty poor besides Veldheer, and your fill in RT, is in for a tough game against Miller or Doom. Our pass rush should be in for a feast this week. You better not leave Smith on an island with Doom or Von or Palmer might have a hard time coming out of this game without injury. You guys don't have an offensive threat that really scares me. No playmakers like Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Heath Miller, Mike Wallace, Antonion Brown, Tony Gonzalez, and Owen Daniels that we have had to face in the past couple weeks. Moore is talented, but Bailey will cover him one-on-one and take him out of the game. Then you don't have DHB and just have a bunch of 4th and 5th receivers playing as your 2nd and 3rds, which we should have no problem handling. Your TE's are very average and really don't scare anyone. The only guys I'm even remotely worried about is McFadden and Reece as they have hurt us in the past, but if we keep playing as well as we have in run defense they shouldn't be a factor in this game. So in short, good luck fellas! You're gonna need it! Here's to no injuries.


First:
It's not blind homerism. All the arguments you just said were almost the same arguments that many raider fans were using to say we were going to get blown out last week. Except Wallace and Brown are worlds better than Decker and Thomas. So we had even more reason to believe we were going to lose. Many reasonable Raider fans pegged a loss last week. Interesting though.... something happened. Palmer led our offense to a scoring drive every time we touched the ball in the 2nd half. It wasn't our running game that won that game. A lot of it was Palmer.

Any reasonable person just has to go watch last weeks Raider/Steeler game to find out why many Raider fans think there is a chance we can win this week against the Broncos. Very similar factors are involved. Again, it's not blind homerism. It's simply looking at what we've done and hoping we can replicate a performance like last weeks.

Second:
You should learn how to use paragraphs. They're very helpful and make rants like yours easier to read.

Third:
If you're coming in here to stir up trouble, that's called trolling. And it's not allowed. However your second half of your rant was much more respectful, and you ended it on a kind note. At least try to frame your arguments in a way that doesn't come across insulting. Raider/Denver rivalry is one of the best. Better to make friends than make enemies. There are more than a few Raider fans in here who are routing for Manning this year.

Also, you usually don't find too many people so insistent on a blow-out. I mean, sure there was SF @ Min last week.... and maybe NE @ Ari the week before..... those were by all accounts the most bet-able blow-out games of those weeks at the time. Right? Certainly a Raider team that looked much improved last week should have a shot at a Denver team that's looked very beatable and certainly not invincible or elite the last 2 weeks. That's not homerism, that's reasonable. I think there's a better chance that we lose, but I think we can pull out a win if everything comes together. McFadden has a history of doing well against Denver too.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
There are more than a few Raider fans in here who are routing for Manning this year.


Well then they better gtfo like this chump. Is this their $$?
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3812
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Doom92 wrote:
I'm loving all the blind homerism by you guys
.
Literally next sentence:

Doom92 wrote:
This game is a blowout and it's not even debatable....whatsoever

Seems legit.


_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agarcia34


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 3868
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have the Broncos shown in there first three games that will make you think this will be a blowout?
_________________
#Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you love how fans from other teams love to chime in on everything the Raiders do when Raiders fans can careless about their crappy teams.

Manning will turn the ball over and Denver will be 1-3



Last edited by ch8878 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3812
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning is not the Manning of old, but that doesn't mean I want him out on the field picking our secondary apart. Our biggest defense will be our offense. Keep the chains moving & control possession to give our defense rest & limit the amount of times their offense sees the field. I would love to see our run game let loose & explode like we know it can.

On defense, give Manning different looks. I hope Tarver mixes it up & doesn't stick with a 4 man rush all game. You need to have a balanced attack if you want to win in this league. Giving Manning a mixture of blitzes & different coverage looks will give him a hard time at the very least.

This could turn out like last weeks game vs the Steelers - a long fight until the finish. I hope we're prepared.
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21192
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am intrigued to see if the Raiders run similar personnel packages as the Texans did to keep Von Miller from rushing the passer. The Texans rarely forced us into our Nickel package, which meant Von spent the vast majority of the game as a SLB in our base 4-3. When we are in our Nickel package, Von becomes a DE and therefore sees more pass rushing opportunities.

The ZBS is a perfect way of slowing down outside pass rushers, especially ones that like to pin their ears back like Von. If you can force 2nd/3rd and short, then I wouldn't be all that worried about Elvis and Von, because neither are complete players as DE's.

When you have to worry is 3rd and long when you can't hide behind bootlegs and Play Action. It is as that point when Von Miller shows what kind of an athlete he is. If the Raider run game gets going like it always seems to do at Mile High, we are going to struggle to stay in the game. We found a way to limit the Texans run game in the 2nd half, but the 1st half we got gashed reallllllll bad. I am not optimistic about this game, yet I really would love to see a home victory against the Raiders for a change ...
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8863
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I am intrigued to see if the Raiders run similar personnel packages as the Texans did to keep Von Miller from rushing the passer. The Texans rarely forced us into our Nickel package, which meant Von spent the vast majority of the game as a SLB in our base 4-3. When we are in our Nickel package, Von becomes a DE and therefore sees more pass rushing opportunities.

The ZBS is a perfect way of slowing down outside pass rushers, especially ones that like to pin their ears back like Von. If you can force 2nd/3rd and short, then I wouldn't be all that worried about Elvis and Von, because neither are complete players as DE's.

When you have to worry is 3rd and long when you can't hide behind bootlegs and Play Action. It is as that point when Von Miller shows what kind of an athlete he is. If the Raider run game gets going like it always seems to do at Mile High, we are going to struggle to stay in the game. We found a way to limit the Texans run game in the 2nd half, but the 1st half we got gashed reallllllll bad. I am not optimistic about this game, yet I really would love to see a home victory against the Raiders for a change ...

This should be a good game. If we do try and do some of the stuff Houston did you guys have an advantage also as you saw some of it last week. This is a big game for both teams but not a must win for either. I am interested to see if we use Carter at all to try and help out the secondary. But your right when we are 3rd and long is when we have issues anyways but we will have even more with your pass rushers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8863
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"#Broncos MLB Joe Mays' appeal of one game suspension denied. He will not play vs #Raiders Sunday."

Shouldn't cause much of an issue according to Broncos fans but news nonetheless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20507
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't our Head Coach use to coach their defense?

Hmmm...Probably means nothing. Wink
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3107
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't just say one team or the other will dominate. We have huge holes on defense. Our pass rush won't be amazing, although I hope it'll be better than last week. And will Palmer be the same player he was last week. What about the run game.

For denver: How good is manning? He isn't the same sharp thrower. Will his WRs take the steps to be elite? What about Mcgahee (I know I misspelled that) They do have a very good pass rush with Von Doom, and Champ is still Champ.

I'm not gonna predict a score but I do believe this game will be won by whichever QB makes the most plays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group