Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders-Broncos GDT: Sun Sept 30 4:05 et
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raiders-Broncos
Raiders
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Broncos
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
things im looking for:

-i hope we send some lb's on some blitzes. imo seems like rolo is our best option for a pass rush. i wanna see burris on some blitzes also.

That would be a massive FAIL. Manning is the type QB that dares you to blitz. That plays right into what he does well. His TEs and Stokely would eat up the underneath while Slowland lumbers towards the QB.

You don't blitz Manning. This game is on Kelly/Seymour/Bryant to press up the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
things im looking for:

-i hope we send some lb's on some blitzes. imo seems like rolo is our best option for a pass rush. i wanna see burris on some blitzes also.

That would be a massive FAIL. Manning is the type QB that dares you to blitz. That plays right into what he does well. His TEs and Stokely would eat up the underneath while Slowland lumbers towards the QB.

You don't blitz Manning. This game is on Kelly/Seymour/Bryant to press up the middle.

Explains why he had one of the highest number of sacks for a MLB last year. Laughing Blitzing manning and keeping the field compact seems like a good idea to me.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
things im looking for:

Explains why he had one of the highest number of sacks for a MLB last year. Laughing Blitzing manning and keeping the field compact seems like a good idea to me.

5 sacks? WOW.... he's still slow and a whiffer.

Keeping the field compact. Great in theory, except the Raiders are soft in coverage. Blitzing just seems to open up space underneath where Manning can pick apart the defense.

Also, at what point have the Raiders shown they can even get to the QB when blitzing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what the game plan is on defense, the key is confusing Manning by showing something pre snap and doing another. That's always been something that can take Manning off his game, he isn't fooled very often so when you put disciplined guys out there that can show one thing and do something totally different you can frustrate Manning.

Our CBsdo limit some of what were able to do, but if we want to drop in zone a lot we still need to give the appearance that were bringing the house at times. We need to mix things up and we can not keep giving the same off coverage all game and then play a soft zone, its a recipe for disaster. Whatever we want to do give nit a different appearance pre snap.

The pass rush will be key, were not going to blitz all game so our front four have got to step their play up. If we can Bing pressure early the different looks will be so much more effective because we won't have to blitz but they still have to account for it. Get linemen worrying about the blitz when they are struggling with the down four and mistakes get made.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really trying too hard with these puns.

Denver is gonna send pressure up the right side with Brisiel and Smith giving up free [inappropriate/removed] on Carson the past couple weeks. DMC needs to be on point with his blitz pickup too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
It doesn't matter what the game plan is on defense, the key is confusing Manning by showing something pre snap and doing another. That's always been something that can take Manning off his game, he isn't fooled very often so when you put disciplined guys out there that can show one thing and do something totally different you can frustrate Manning.

Our CBsdo limit some of what were able to do, but if we want to drop in zone a lot we still need to give the appearance that were bringing the house at times. We need to mix things up and we can not keep giving the same off coverage all game and then play a soft zone, its a recipe for disaster. Whatever we want to do give nit a different appearance pre snap.

The pass rush will be key, were not going to blitz all game so our front four have got to step their play up. If we can Bing pressure early the different looks will be so much more effective because we won't have to blitz but they still have to account for it. Get linemen worrying about the blitz when they are struggling with the down four and mistakes get made.

True, I like what ATL did early when the front 7 was just standing around and not lining up waiting for Manning. Seemed to really irritate him.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden owns the Broncos (150, 165, 119 yards in last 3 games), we need to run early and often. Manning has looked vulnerable at times so far this year, hopefully we can force him into some early mistakes or at least hold him enough to allow us to stick to the run game. However, he is still Peyton Manning and looked scary enough in the comeback attempt against ATL to make me believe he can still come from behind and win a game all by himself. Dumervil and Miller vs our offensive line is a matchup I do not like one bit, and D. Thomas/ Decker scare me a bit. I know they have a new DC, but hopefully Dennis Allen can provide our players with a little extra insight on Denver's defensive players.

If we get the run game going, keep Manning on the sideline, we win.

Prediction:
OAK-27
DEN-24

Palmer- 18/34 260 yards, 1 TD 1 INT
McFadden- 160 total yards, 2 TDs
D. Moore- 4 rec, 95 yards 1 TD

Manning- 24/36 240 yards, 2 TD
McGahee- 120 yards 1 TD
D. Thomas- 6 rec, 100 yards 1 TD

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
McFadden owns the Broncos (150, 165, 119 yards in last 3 games), we need to run early and often. Manning has looked vulnerable at times so far this year, hopefully we can force him into some early mistakes or at least hold him enough to allow us to stick to the run game. However, he is still Peyton Manning and looked scary enough in the comeback attempt against ATL to make me believe he can still come from behind and win a game all by himself. Dumervil and Miller vs our offensive line is a matchup I do not like one bit, and D. Thomas/ Decker scare me a bit. I know they have a new DC, but hopefully Dennis Allen can provide our players with a little extra insight on Denver's defensive players.

Prediction:
OAK-27
DEN-24

McGahee- 120 yards 1 TD

Well see how McGahee's ribs hold up.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
things im looking for:

yea.
didnt rolo lead us in sacks last year?
he is money coming up the middle (not from the outside) on blitz's.

if we had a great front 4 with rush ends we could get away with just rushing 4. our de's are slower than rolo lol and id rather have rolo blitz some than have him get torched in pass coverage.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-2 man, must win.

Dmac needs to kill Denvers again and our defense has to play better than last week

we got this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take this again.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Prediction:
OAK-27
DEN-24

McGahee- 120 yards 1 TD

I hope I'm wrong about my prediction, but he is still a good back and we are still a bad run defense. Having Peyton Manning only makes him more dangerous. I can see us containing him pretty well for most of the game and allowing one big 40+ yard run.

La_Vader wrote:
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Prediction:
OAK-27
DEN-24

McGahee- 120 yards 1 TD

I hope I'm wrong about my prediction, but he is still a good back and we are still a bad run defense. Having Peyton Manning only makes him more dangerous. I can see us containing him pretty well for most of the game and allowing one big 40+ yard run.

Tebow and the read option offense made McGahee way more dangerous last season then he'll be this season. He's still a solid RB, but I highly doubt he runs all over us like he did when the Broncos ran for 300.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
2-2 man, must win.

LOL

I'm pretty sure I've seen every single game called a "must-win" since joining this forum in 2010- whether it be to get to .500, avoid a losing streak, beat a rival, get into the playoffs, or any other reason.

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Prediction:
OAK-27
DEN-24

McGahee- 120 yards 1 TD

Tebow and the read option offense made McGahee way more dangerous last season then he'll be this season. He's still a solid RB, but I highly doubt he runs all over us like he did when the Broncos ran for 300.

Well the read-option makes it easier, yes, but so does having Peyton Manning as your QB. McGahee is a much better player than any RB Manning had in Indy after Edge left, and the Colts rarely ran the ball, so you cant look at past RB's production with Manning. When given the choice between focusing on Manning or McGahee, defenses will pick Manning every time. McGahee wont face nearly as many loaded boxes as he did last year, and I think he can have an all-around better season than he did last year.

While I dont see him rushing for 160 like he did against us last year, he is still dangerous considering how much trouble we have stopping the run. We have given up long runs to plenty of lesser RBs in the last couple of years.

La_Vader wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 2 of 38

Jump to: