Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: BAL Ravens vs. CLE Browns (W4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ravens coordinator are we trashing the most after this game?
Dean Pees
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Cam Cameron
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Jerry Rosburg
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
That was the least enjoyable win ever.

I agree. There are stretches by both the offense and defense that really make me worry. Hopefully a bit more time to rest and a fairly regular schedule (by that I mean games played per week/month) helps but I'm not sure that's a big part of the problem.
b-rave11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
b-rave11 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Wow.I knew Joe Thomas was one of the most overrated players in the league but I didn't think he was a [inappropriate/removed] too.

I'm going to assume that the "inappropriate/removed" is "an incredibly smart player" because that is OBVIOUSLY what you do there if you are Joe Thomas. I'm amazed that you are criticizing someone for doing exactly what they should be doing in that situation -- i.e. doing whatever they can to give their team the best chance to win.

Screw that. A flopper is a disgusting thing to be. If you can't win without acting like a [inappropriate/removed] you should lose.

I guess we will agree to disagree, but I would absolutely support one of our lineman doing that.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed we only won by seven. To me the outcome was never in doubt and I feel like we dominated and the score would have reflected that if it weren't for the gazillion procedure penalties.

Free Ray Rice
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all reflect a little on the fact that Cary Williams provided the winning margin in this game.

Also, it's not comforting that the coaching staff opted not to give Tucker the chance to make a 53 yard field goal that would have put the game out of reach. Kid has looked real shaky the past 2 weeks.

Also, eff you Paul Kruger.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's had two really shaky kicks at least. The FG he had earlier in the game was money. I would have punted there too though. They would have been in really good starting position if Tucker would have missed that and a 50+ yard FG isn't something you can really rely on any kicker for. Well unless Dawson of course.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what to complain about in that game for the Ravens. I know I should be complaining about something, but I'm not sure what.

I want to say that I'm disappointed in the defense, but they gave up a net of 9 points, which included 3 really long field goals. Even with all the yards, you take that any day.

So, I guess I'd complain about the offense, but we moved the ball well. Flacco had a terrible pick, but made up for it with 356 yards and 2 total TDs.

Ray Rice was shut down as a runner against a team he usually dominates, but he had almost 100 total yards with his receiving work.

I'm not really sure how this game was as close as it was, other than the fact that we left points on the board too many times, and our O-line needs big work.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like for the past few years I usually feel frustrated watching our defense but when the game is over it turns out that it was actually a really good performance. Like tonight our D only let them get past the 30 once not including that last drive, scored a TD, held them to 3-15 on 3rd down, completely shut down the run, and held Weeden to 25/52.

I also have a theory that the yards allowed are being effected by our offense more often making opponents start at their own 20 and beyond.

Free Ray Rice
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I gif of the Flacco running TD spike celebration? =D

And another win that we should've dominated on the scoreboard. And by that I meant a 35-10/40-16 type game. But a win is a win and I'll take it. I'm happy because its the Browns. 0-16 you go!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Let's all reflect a little on the fact that Cary Williams provided the winning margin in this game.

Also, it's not comforting that the coaching staff opted not to give Tucker the chance to make a 53 yard field goal that would have put the game out of reach. Kid has looked real shaky the past 2 weeks.

Also, eff you Paul Kruger.

Just got back from the game. A lot of us were discussing that kick, but considering that it was raining, he had already missed one and a miss would give them field position around midfield, it was the correct call. Add in Koch's great kick and making Weeded drive 90 for a TD with no TO's was 100% the right move.

As far as the game goes, I wish that we had made it a blow out, but the defense looked good and the result was never in doubt. The Ravens were in the driver's seat all game. One of my colleagues that was there with me is a Browns fan and he never got confident or even hopeful towards a Browns upset in the slightest bit throughout the contest.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I saw Torrey limping off the field tonight and I don't think he came back in; is he alright?
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
nevermore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I disagree: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102402/2010/REG7/bills@ravens#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I disagree: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102402/2010/REG7/bills@ravens#menu=highlights&tab=recap

O yes that game was much worse. There was a real sense that our D was broken when Fitz shredded us like that.

In this game, there was a feeling that it didn't feel as close a game as it ended up being.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I thought I saw Torrey limping off the field tonight and I don't think he came back in; is he alright?

Ravens RapidReports@CBSRavens wrote:

Torrey Smith has yet to play a down since leaving the game with injury. Been jogging on sideline though.

The jogging is a good sign.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they found a way to weaponize the Factory of Sadness... Think
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard fought game and while I never believed we would win I certainly had some pride with how the Browns defense played after that awful game against Buffalo. Your fans were a class act last night, at least the ones who stuck out the rain (and discounting the idiot making Lebron James comments at me all night and the very trashy group of people hurling profanities at eachother and not watching the game).

Go beat the steelers up and I'll forgive you for the win a little bit.

DTMB- I think you can say you guys controlled the game but don't blame procedural penalties. Those are mental errors no different then our 7 drops or our 36 yards of penalties on one play. If you can say "we domimated but for little penalties" then Browns fans could say "we won but for stupid drops" which isn't really true.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: