Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Draft talks (2013)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes late round 2 but i think he will be climbing
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree about Gino smith when it's said and done he will go number 1. He is a pure pocket passer and a gym rat who loves to study the game. Matt Elam reminds me so much of earl Thomas somewhat short but compact who loves to tackle and the best cover skills of any safety.. I just hope he stays a 2nd round prospect and doesn't get into the late 1 round.. He didn't get the early pub of others but has been of late
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one will not attempt to dabble in the area of NCAA expertise that some of you do but ...
As for early discussions about whom to draft I have to single out 2 positions & hope that they are addressed early.

In no particular order

TE &/or OLB

I disagree that a WR should take presedence over a STUD TE in this Off when what we really need is
another "3rd rnd Brian Hartline".

I disagree that what we need is another DE/DL
What we need is another explosive OLB that can reek havoc after gm planing for C. Wake.
Had we been able to apply more consistent pressure on both sancho & Kolb we would have won both of those gms.

If we can acquire that talent early in the draft the DL will eventually create their own sacks not before.

sug
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Elam is the best athlete I have ever covered (journalistically, not physically). There is no doubt in my mind that he could be the starting RB at UF also. He plays with an edge, but is a nice guy off the field. Exactly what any NFL team wants.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Matt Elam is the best athlete I have ever covered (journalistically, not physically). There is no doubt in my mind that he could be the starting RB at UF also. He plays with an edge, but is a nice guy off the field. Exactly what any NFL team wants.

Florida has an NFL caliber RB too though. That guy could start for some NFL teams tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Well I for one will not attempt to dabble in the area of NCAA expertise that some of you do but ...
As for early discussions about whom to draft I have to single out 2 positions & hope that they are addressed early.

In no particular order

TE &/or OLB

I disagree that a WR should take presedence over a STUD TE in this Off when what we really need is

What we need is another explosive OLB that can reek havoc after gm planing for C. Wake.
Had we been able to apply more consistent pressure on both sancho & Kolb we would have won both of those gms.

If we can acquire that talent early in the draft the DL will eventually create their own sacks not before.

sug

As other's have pointed out....TE is such a hit and miss position in the draft...as much as I think a Stud TE could open up even more options for Tannehill...Clay showed that...I just don't know if its something the Phins should chance on in the 1st round.

OLB....Right now the back as playing great and would rather look into Guard, Safety and CB before OLB (unless he is the BPA)
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

In no particular order

TE &/or OLB

sug

As other's have pointed out....TE is such a hit and miss position in the draft...as much as I think a Stud TE could open up even more options for Tannehill...Clay showed that...I just don't know if its something the Phins should chance on in the 1st round.

OLB....Right now the back as playing great and would rather look into Guard, Safety and CB before OLB (unless he is the BPA)

There isn't a TE worth a first round pick that I have seen in the upcoming draft.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

In no particular order

TE &/or OLB

sug

There isn't a TE worth a first round pick that I have seen in the upcoming draft.

There isn't a elite pass catcher in this draft (WR or TE)....Woods would be great late in the first round, but if the Phins are looking for their AJ Green or Megatron then they will need to wait until 2014....
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

In no particular order

TE &/or OLB

sug

There isn't a elite pass catcher in this draft (WR or TE)....Woods would be great late in the first round, but if the Phins are looking for their AJ Green or Megatron then they will need to wait until 2014....

I don't think our offense wants a guy like that who will absorb everything. The Giants managed to get a guy like Nicks in the later half of the first round who is pretty much everything they needed in a number one receiver. We could also go after Dwayne Bowe. Hes put up really good numbers despite playing with a bad QB.

Anyways, I want a receiver, but I could wait till the second or third round. We could definitely use another pass rusher and I wouldn't be adverse to a cornerback.

FF Member #67
Roy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Woods. Dolphins needs a #1 or #2 WR.
ojmcduff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see of this team tge more I start to think we don't need a stud WR we just need someone else that is on the same level as Bess and Hartline. It's funny how solid play from the QB makes everyone seem a little better.

I'm also on board with taking a FS and TE with out first two picks unless Clay or Egbew shows something to get excited about before seasons end. As a side note I couldn't be happier with Reshad Jones. Nolan Carroll has really stepped up this year as well if we resign Smith I don't see CB as a huge need during the draft.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

In no particular order

TE &/or OLB

sug

I don't think our offense wants a guy like that who will absorb everything. The Giants managed to get a guy like Nicks in the later half of the first round who is pretty much everything they needed in a number one receiver. We could also go after Dwayne Bowe. Hes put up really good numbers despite playing with a bad QB.

Anyways, I want a receiver, but I could wait till the second or third round. We could definitely use another pass rusher and I wouldn't be adverse to a cornerback.

I don't think an elite guy necessary either (i would rather have a top TE then a top WR), but I would like to see someone who can take some of the heat off of Hartline and Bess (who I think are both solid receivers and fit as Solid 2nd and 3rd options)
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphan9954

Sounds like you know more about matt elam then me and you are correct he was a 5 star recruit as a RB and safety i wanted him to choose Miami over florida so bad. I hear he studys more ggame film then anybody on the team thats why i want him on the dolphins as well
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to see us maybe go after mike wallace or james jones. Just someone who can stretch the field and give us that legitimate deep threat.

Early draft id like to see CB,SS,DE/OLB, one thing the giants have taught me is you can never have enough good pass rushers.

later draft TE,WR, Zone Blocking OL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is going to be nice not having to evaluate Quarterbacks when I start scouting Dolphins potential prospects in a few weeks....

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: