You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami vs Arizona Week-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a winnable game.

The Cards may have two more wins than we do right now but looking at the performance on the field, rather than the teams' records, there isn't a lot between the two.

They are probably favourites due to homefield advantage but the two teams are pretty well matched.

They're not a very good rushing team so if we can keep putting Kolb in 3 and 8+ situations we should do quite well.

^ Jamison on the sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched most of the first couple of games of the season (Hou, Oak), my thoughts;

Watched the first half of Mia vs Hou. Miami killed themselves with three late first half turnovers that led directly the Houston touchdowns. Key coaching point to come from this will be for our defensive linemen to have their hands up and active in the passing lanes. I only watched the first half and Tannehill had four passes batted down, two led to interceptions. Their OL allowed a fair amount of pressure in the passing game, but they look to be a very good run blocking unit, they created a lot of space against the Texans 1 gap 34 scheme. Dan Williams will have a big part to play in trying to slow down their running game. Gap discipline will be huge, Reggie Bush can make the cutbacks that will kill you.

Defensively their linebackers are very aggressive. They want to get downhill, playaction, if you can get enough time to run it, could be very effective. They DL tends to play gap control which is a bit strange for a 43 team, but it does make sense with the aggression of their LB's. Their secondary does leave a lot of space for receivers to get into. It was game one so their might have been some communication issues, but often times there was large gaps in their zone coverages that made for easy completions 12-15 yards down the field.

Onto Oakland.

First half vs Oakland - We are going to be able to get a lot of pressure on Tannehill, especially on the interior. Their pass blocking through the first two games has left a lot to be desired. No batted passes in this game yet, but there have been more than a few inaccurate passes in which the only player that could have caught it would have been a defender. The running game has struggled thus far. Bush still has an instinct that he wants to bounce it outside. Miller is a good back too he will get through a hole quickly and make people miss in the secondary. The ground is where Miami will move the ball, if we can force them to pass the football then I think we can have a lot of success.

Defensively it is more of the same, gap control on D that leads to some very good rush defense. But their pass rush has been sporadic, if it does not get there the secondary is not great, the safeties are the biggest weak point and there is room to move the ball in the passing game, the Raiders did this with ease in week 2. We will need to pay special attention to Cam Wake, but we cannot forget Randy Starks who has looked good through two weeks.

Right now, moving the ball through the air against this Dolphins D seems easy, I don't want us to ignore the ground game, but an early score or two driven by the passing game could tilt this game well into our favor. Tight Ends could play a big role, as will short/quick routes with YAC. A lot of two deep safeties.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:

The Cards may have two more wins than we do right now but looking at the performance on the field, rather than the teams' records, there isn't a lot between the two.

Having watched both teams through three weeks I would have to disagree that there is not a lot between the two. For me Miami just looks terrible in the passing game, cannot protect well enough, Tannehill is not throwing accurate balls, receivers dropping passes. It just looks like a hot mess out there at times. Running game got great push from the OL week one, but weeks two and three that slowed down, however Bush is more than capable of creating space for himself.

Arizona has not looked good offensively, but they have been efficient, Kolb has been surprisingly good so far this season, but how long will that last. Still cannot protect, but with the use of TE's and backs we are giving Kolb enough to time make the 3 and 5 step throws. Our running game has struggled thus far, but Ryan Willams started to come right in week three, still I don't expect much this week.

To me the biggest differences between the teams are defensively in the back seven. The Cardinals are one of the best pass defenses in the league whereas Miami are one of the worst. Arizona's linebackers are making big plays, I have not seen that from Miami.

That does not mean that this game is not winnable, becasue it is very much a winnable game, but from what I have seen through three weeks there is very much a difference between the two teams on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:

Having watched both teams through three weeks I would have to disagree that there is not a lot between the two. For me Miami just looks terrible in the passing game, cannot protect well enough, Tannehill is not throwing accurate balls, receivers dropping passes. It just looks like a hot mess out there at times. Running game got great push from the OL week one, but weeks two and three that slowed down, however Bush is more than capable of creating space for himself.

Arizona has not looked good offensively, but they have been efficient, Kolb has been surprisingly good so far this season, but how long will that last. Still cannot protect, but with the use of TE's and backs we are giving Kolb enough to time make the 3 and 5 step throws. Our running game has struggled thus far, but Ryan Willams started to come right in week three, still I don't expect much this week.

To me the biggest differences between the teams are defensively in the back seven. The Cardinals are one of the best pass defenses in the league whereas Miami are one of the worst. Arizona's linebackers are making big plays, I have not seen that from Miami.

That does not mean that this game is not winnable, becasue it is very much a winnable game, but from what I have seen through three weeks there is very much a difference between the two teams on the field.

How are we 4th in rushing if things "slowed" down?

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
khodder wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:

Things only slow down when Daniel Thomas is in the game. If Bush or Miller gets significant carries I doubt the Dolphins running attack will be completely stifled. With Thomas in, there's continuity but not as much speed and explosion.
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
khodder wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:

lol

Week 1 Rush Yards: 79, Week 2: 263, Week 3: 185.

Man those rushing yards went downhill weeks 2 and 3.

B-Net Nadasdy#1894
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless.. it's game day.. I wish you the best of luck (not more luck than my Cards) and I hope you all enjoy the game.

In all seriousness, this game will be like any given Sunday in the NFL. Anyone can lose and all it takes are a few key plays. I hope Cardinals don't take Miami too lightly and are prepared to give ya'll a great game.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
khodder wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:

I was talking more about the push that the offensive line was getting. If you go back and look at that game vs Houston the OL is often getting two or three yards of push and Bush is three, four, five yards downfield before first contact. That changed in weeks two and three.

Notice how I never said the running game slowed down, just the push from the OL.

Bush broke off some huge plays, especially against Oakland, and I noted that Bush (And Miller) are more than capable of creating space for themselves.

If(When) Miami can sustain some long drives on the ground they should put themselves into very good positions offensively.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we can't do worse than the jets today. Lol
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sack one of no doubt 11-14 this year for Wake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Sack one of no doubt 11-14 this year for Wake.

Hopefully he finds his groove...
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanny looking good and they are holding onto the balls hes throwing.

B-Net Nadasdy#1894
pope137

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush looks tentative

And Thomas continues to show a total lack of vision.

Are we ever going to give miller more touches to see if he can create any type of rhythm?
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
Bush looks tentative

And Thomas continues to show a total lack of vision.

Are we ever going to give miller more touches to see if he can create any type of rhythm?

Yea I dont understand why Miller isnt getting time.

B-Net Nadasdy#1894
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, Carpenter made a field goal.....how nice....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: