Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami vs Arizona Week-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlos2104

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona is clearly the better team right now. That being said, 35-3 Miami
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Every year the fans of the upstart team with the surprise winning record get absurdly cocky. Based off this display, I'm sincerely hoping the Dolphins are the ones to send the Cardinals crashing back to earth.

it's just one guy but ok
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Miami is a missed field goal in overtime from being 8-4 in their last 12 games. So I wouldn't discount us too much.The 4 losses being against Houston, NE, Dallas, and Philly. Miami's defense has also allowed very few TD's. Other than a 3 TD barrage in a 5 minute span all after turnovers on very short fields, Miami has only allowed 2 TD's this season on defense (One last week was a pick 6) So that's 2 TD's allowed in the past 10 quarters.

I think the difference here will be a rookie QB going against a very good pass rush and Peterson. That's a lot to overcome. If Bush plays, then we have a chance. If someone other than Wake can get some pressure on the O-line, then we have a chance. Otherwise, it could be a long night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
Deets wrote:
Every year the fans of the upstart team with the surprise winning record get absurdly cocky. Based off this display, I'm sincerely hoping the Dolphins are the ones to send the Cardinals crashing back to earth.

it's just one guy but ok

I'm not being absurdly cocky. Miami hasn't done much of anything thus far this season. Arizona has done one thing consistently thus far.. won football games.

I never said it was going to be a blowout but I do think it's an easier win, at home, then what we've had to face thus far. Kolb has been mistake free so far and faced great defenses already.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
And Miami is a missed field goal in overtime from being 8-4 in their last 12 games. So I wouldn't discount us too much.The 4 losses being against Houston, NE, Dallas, and Philly. Miami's defense has also allowed very few TD's. Other than a 3 TD barrage in a 5 minute span all after turnovers on very short fields, Miami has only allowed 2 TD's this season on defense (One last week was a pick 6) So that's 2 TD's allowed in the past 10 quarters.

I think the difference here will be a rookie QB going against a very good pass rush and Peterson. That's a lot to overcome. If Bush plays, then we have a chance. If someone other than Wake can get some pressure on the O-line, then we have a chance. Otherwise, it could be a long night.

You can say If and or But about a whole heap of plays in the NFL. Arizona are a made FG from 2-1 this year. New England are two FG's from 3-0.

Last season Arizona was two FG's, a correct refs call and an Early Doucet slip away from 11-5.

I certainly think the rushing defense is going to be a test, but you say 2 TD's allowed in the past 10 quarters, I would say a lot of that has to do with Houston being up 24-3 at the half and then playing conservative football and then facing the Jets and Raiders offenses.

Now the Arizona offense is not great, but they did manage to move the ball against the Eagles and the Seahawks, both of whom currently rank in the top 10 in the league in Yards per Play allowed. We did struggle with the Patriots a bit.

Saying that apart from these three TD's we have allowed two this season is all well and good, but Arizaon HAS allowed just 2 TD's this season, one of those starting at the Cardinals 24 yard line.

Hows this for a defensive dominance stat. On drives starting on midfield or the opponents side of midfield (Basically drives starting from the 50 yard line or further away from the goalline) of which Arizona has faced 29 times this season the opposition have scored just 1 TD and a combined 22 points on those 29 drives. Of those 22 points, 16 of them were by the Patriots.

The Seahawks and Eagles on the 19 combined drives that started on their own side of midfield combined for 6 points, 0 TD's, 3 turnovers and 9 punts.

This game is going to be close and realtively low socring, it is going to come down to whichever team can either make a game changing play on Special Teams and which team can get the most consistent procduction from their passing game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
fasel1515

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona might get 50 yards on the ground... Might... They are going to need a big game from their D in terms of turnovers to win this one certainly. This is going to be a hard fought game IMO. I am going to say Tanny has a big day. 300 yards and 2 TD's. Just a feeling.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
I am going to say Tanny has a big day. 300 yards and 2 TD's. Just a feeling.

Interesting feeling. Would be amazing to me to see a rookie QB on the road outperform what Tom Brady did at home against this defense.

I don't think Tannehill does anything special. Probably a game similar to what he had against the Jets, if anything you will be able to pick up yards on the ground, especially if Bush is 95-100% and can make cutbacks and make our D pay for being so aggressive in pursuit.

Just based off the numbers Arizona has compiled this season It would take Tannehill 51 attempts to get to 300 yards, and about the same number to put two into the endzone.

bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

You can say If and or But about a whole heap of plays in the NFL. Arizona are a made FG from 2-1 this year. New England are two FG's from 3-0.

Last season Arizona was two FG's, a correct refs call and an Early Doucet slip away from 11-5.

I certainly think the rushing defense is going to be a test, but you say 2 TD's allowed in the past 10 quarters, I would say a lot of that has to do with Houston being up 24-3 at the half and then playing conservative football and then facing the Jets and Raiders offenses.

Now the Arizona offense is not great, but they did manage to move the ball against the Eagles and the Seahawks, both of whom currently rank in the top 10 in the league in Yards per Play allowed. We did struggle with the Patriots a bit.

Saying that apart from these three TD's we have allowed two this season is all well and good, but Arizaon HAS allowed just 2 TD's this season, one of those starting at the Cardinals 24 yard line.

Hows this for a defensive dominance stat. On drives starting on midfield or the opponents side of midfield (Basically drives starting from the 50 yard line or further away from the goalline) of which Arizona has faced 29 times this season the opposition have scored just 1 TD and a combined 22 points on those 29 drives. Of those 22 points, 16 of them were by the Patriots.

The Seahawks and Eagles on the 19 combined drives that started on their own side of midfield combined for 6 points, 0 TD's, 3 turnovers and 9 punts.

This game is going to be close and realtively low socring, it is going to come down to whichever team can either make a game changing play on Special Teams and which team can get the most consistent procduction from their passing game.

Ya, I wasn't saying anything bad about y'alls defense. I'm frankly jealous. Just saying that Miami's defense is no pushover. Should be a well fought defensive battle. Your WR's are worlds better than ours. Our running game is much better than yours. In the end you have to look at the fact that your defense is further along than ours, and we are starting a rookie QB and say we lose this game 75% of the time. But as a fan I'll still root for the 25% chance we win.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason to believe that Dolphins cannot compete and win this game. These two teams aren't that much different outside of record. I could see Miami squeaking it out 13-10, thats what i'd like to see anyway.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darnell docket is very doubtful for arizona and thats huge for us
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
I am going to say Tanny has a big day. 300 yards and 2 TD's. Just a feeling.

Interesting feeling. Would be amazing to me to see a rookie QB on the road outperform what Tom Brady did at home against this defense.

I don't think Tannehill does anything special. Probably a game similar to what he had against the Jets, if anything you will be able to pick up yards on the ground, especially if Bush is 95-100% and can make cutbacks and make our D pay for being so aggressive in pursuit.

Just based off the numbers Arizona has compiled this season It would take Tannehill 51 attempts to get to 300 yards, and about the same number to put two into the endzone.

Brady still had 300 yards. Arizona didn't look that impressive in the game. If you would have shut down Brady all game then maybe ill give you credit. Every team starts off hot then cools down ie the Bills last year.

This is going to be a good game imo. Bush is in and dockett is out which hurts the pass rush. Good luck and hopefully we get a good game

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Brady still had 300 yards. Arizona didn't look that impressive in the game. If you would have shut down Brady all game then maybe ill give you credit. Every team starts off hot then cools down ie the Bills last year.

This is going to be a good game imo. Bush is in and dockett is out which hurts the pass rush. Good luck and hopefully we get a good game

He still had 300 yards, but he also only threw one TD and did not really look like getting another one. It took Tom 46 pass attempts to get his 316 yards and his QBR was below 80.

The Bills team are a terrible comparison for this Cardinals team. Other than both started will with wins over the Patriots there is really no comparison. Arizona is built on defense with scheme, production and overall performance that is sustainable. The Bills last year's wins were built on scoring 36 PPG in their first 4 wins. That was 13 PPG better than what they put up over the course of the season. Over the last season, plus the start of this Arizona has averaged 20 PPG allowed, through 3 this season that is down at 13, that will normalize a little bit, but right now if the Arizona D allows our O to score 20 and win the game then we are in a great position.

I just hate people comparing what Arizona is doing now to what the Bills did last season, what the Bills did was completely unsustainable. What Arizona is doing now is very sustainable.

Darnell is going to be a big loss, but the Cards seem to have developed a mentality of "next man up" Dockett did not play much at all in the fourth quarter and the Cards D still held well vs the Eagles.

His role will likely be filled by a platoon of Vonnie Holliday, David Carter and Nick Eason. Guys who are not starters but can be good backups and play 15-20 snaps each and be very productive.

As I said earlier, this will likely be close. I don't see either offense really putting up big points, I think the team that can play better defensively will win, the team that can create a big play on special teams will win, the team that can not turn the ball over will win.

The way Arizona has played this season I would back them to play very well in all three of those areas.

Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

He still had 300 yards, but he also only threw one TD and did not really look like getting another one. It took Tom 46 pass attempts to get his 316 yards and his QBR was below 80.

The Bills team are a terrible comparison for this Cardinals team. Other than both started will with wins over the Patriots there is really no comparison. Arizona is built on defense with scheme, production and overall performance that is sustainable. The Bills last year's wins were built on scoring 36 PPG in their first 4 wins. That was 13 PPG better than what they put up over the course of the season. Over the last season, plus the start of this Arizona has averaged 20 PPG allowed, through 3 this season that is down at 13, that will normalize a little bit, but right now if the Arizona D allows our O to score 20 and win the game then we are in a great position.

I just hate people comparing what Arizona is doing now to what the Bills did last season, what the Bills did was completely unsustainable. What Arizona is doing now is very sustainable.

Darnell is going to be a big loss, but the Cards seem to have developed a mentality of "next man up" Dockett did not play much at all in the fourth quarter and the Cards D still held well vs the Eagles.

His role will likely be filled by a platoon of Vonnie Holliday, David Carter and Nick Eason. Guys who are not starters but can be good backups and play 15-20 snaps each and be very productive.

As I said earlier, this will likely be close. I don't see either offense really putting up big points, I think the team that can play better defensively will win, the team that can create a big play on special teams will win, the team that can not turn the ball over will win.

The way Arizona has played this season I would back them to play very well in all three of those areas.

My whole point is lets wait to make them super bowl contenders until they prove it over the full season. Many people said the bills were serious contenders. I do believe Arizona is better then the bills this time last season.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
My whole point is lets wait to make them super bowl contenders until they prove it over the full season. Many people said the bills were serious contenders. I do believe Arizona is better then the bills this time last season.

When did anyone bring up Superbowl contenders? Honestly the second half of our schedule is brutal and there are two other teams in our division who you could argue are better. I would be happy with a wild-card and ecstatic with a divisional title. What happens if this team makes the playoffs happens. But considering I was bracing myself for a 3-5 win season, getting three wins this early is huge.

phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

When did anyone bring up Superbowl contenders? Honestly the second half of our schedule is brutal and there are two other teams in our division who you could argue are better. I would be happy with a wild-card and ecstatic with a divisional title. What happens if this team makes the playoffs happens. But considering I was bracing myself for a 3-5 win season, getting three wins this early is huge.

The phrase "Super Bowl contenders" was likely hyperbole.

I'm guessing it was meant to convey a sense of the over-inflated confidence a fan-base can display given a strong start. The Buffalo Bills fans were probably saying last year around this time that they don't need a division title, just a Wild-Card.

The comments were meant to inspire contemplation and thought and to put into perspective how a strong start can mean nothing in the NFL. It wasn't an insult in that regard.

Now, the ironic thing here is that while the Cardinals are undefeated and their fans are justifiably feeling elated, most Miami fans are walking on sunshine at this moment as well because after a 1-2 start (which was only a missed FG from being a 2-1 start) it feels nearly as surreal as when Greg Camarillo crossed the goal-line in late 2007.

We were bracing for a 2- or 3-win season and it appears that we are already in a position to expect a level of competitiveness we had not come to think would be available until at least Philbin's 2nd season as HC.

Both teams are off to rather surprising starts. Good luck to you all and I hope for the Dolphins sake we can make this a competitive game. While I don't care to say whether or not the Cardinals are Play-Off bound since I really haven't watched them play, I can say for certain that Miami is not. If the game is at least close in the 4th quarter I think most Miami fans (myself included) will be rather impressed assuming Miami did something to cause that result.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: