Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barrett Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Barrett Jones Reply with quote

pros and cons about him and what range do you think he should go? and what position do you think he'll play in the nfl?

he could be a verrrry valuable player since he could play anywhere on the line, thats one thing that makes me Drool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Barrett Jones Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
pros and cons about him and what range do you think he should go? and what position do you think he'll play in the nfl?

he could be a verrrry valuable player since he could play anywhere on the line, thats one thing that makes me Drool

He could be very good at all spots except LT, where I don't think his athleticism will translate, but he's extremely bright. I think he'd be good at C, but he could be a valuable guard. He's not the most athletic guy, but he succeeds to the max without that.
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average athlete. Pudgy frame. Not explosive. Not overly strong. Not firm on first contact. He's not too quick. He won't be playing left tackle in the NFl and he'd be a pretty average RT. He's too tall and not stout enough to play center in the NFL. He's a guard and he doesn't project to be a special guard. He's smart, durable, versatile, experienced and he's a technician. Remember Clint Boling? That's his ceiling IMO, a utility lineman who ends up starting on the inside. I think he ends up going third round at the earliest, he's way overhyped at the moment. He'll drop off in the all-star games, at the combine, when the scouts (not the college analysts) start driving the draft coverage and when he leaves Alabama and gets exposed a little more.
Falastine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has underrated athleticism. He's also a great technician and really versatile. I think there's a chance he can be a LT in the NFL, and a pretty good one.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Average athlete. Pudgy frame. Not explosive. Not overly strong. Not firm on first contact. He's not too quick. He won't be playing left tackle in the NFl and he'd be a pretty average RT. He's too tall and not stout enough to play center in the NFL. He's a guard and he doesn't project to be a special guard. He's smart, durable, versatile, experienced and he's a technician. Remember Clint Boling? That's his ceiling IMO, a utility lineman who ends up starting on the inside. I think he ends up going third round at the earliest, he's way overhyped at the moment. He'll drop off in the all-star games, at the combine, when the scouts (not the college analysts) start driving the draft coverage and when he leaves Alabama and gets exposed a little more.

That's pretty harsh.

He's going to be a very good G. He has avg athleticism but he's a very smart OL. A team like the pats will draft him and play him at G for 10 years.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is very good at everything. He could play all 5 positions. However, I think he would only be average at the tackle spot. He does have multiple All-Pro ability inside though

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pros…

As pro ready as any prospect in the country
Prototype size
Very smart on & off the field
Extremely versatile
Great technician
Leadership
Durable & Tough

Con…

Average physical traits
Versatile but no future at LT
Won’t blow pro Dlinemen off the LOS like teammate Chance Warmack will.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
He is very good at everything. He could play all 5 positions. However, I think he would only be average at the tackle spot. He does have multiple All-Pro ability inside though

I would tend to agree. I think Jones is a plug-and-play guard at the NFL level. His versatility is a big plus and while he might not be the type of player you want to pencil in at tackle, I think his real value would be his ability to slide outside in the event of an injury to a starting tackle. Having a player that could be used at multiple positions along the offensive line definitely helps in that you don't need as many depth players that are specifically swing guards or swing tackles.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Max Unger sends his regards

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boling isn't a bad comparison, although I think he's better in run blocking.

I would use a 2nd on him in a heartbeat...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

This has to be a joke. Barrett Jones is a sure fire 1st round pick, and is going to be the best OG/C to come out for the draft in sometime. yes, that means he is better than the almighty David DeCastro. I would suggest that his best position would be Center so he can utilize his intelligence and be in the middle to make line calls. This guy is going to be something special. He is the top player on a line full of future pro bowlers. DJ Fluker might be a better mauler but Jones will have the better career.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Meco wrote:

This has to be a joke. Barrett Jones is a sure fire 1st round pick, and is going to be the best OG/C to come out for the draft in sometime. yes, that means he is better than the almighty David DeCastro. I would suggest that his best position would be Center so he can utilize his intelligence and be in the middle to make line calls. This guy is going to be something special. He is the top player on a line full of future pro bowlers. DJ Fluker might be a better mauler but Jones will have the better career.

Sorry, but the best Guard prospect to come out in a long, long time is his teammate Chance Warmack. I like him better then DeCastro, and I was a huge fan of DeCastro.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Meco wrote:

Sorry, but the best Guard prospect to come out in a long, long time is his teammate Chance Warmack. I like him better then DeCastro, and I was a huge fan of DeCastro.

I don't even think Decastro was that great of a prospect. I personally liked Iupati coming out more than I did Decastro. I 100% disagree with you thinking Warmack is the better prospect. Jones will transition better into the NFL. Also Warmack isnt even the 2nd best guard prospect for his team.

1. Barrett Jones
2. DJ Fluker
3. Chance Warmack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Falastine wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Meco wrote:

I don't even think Decastro was that great of a prospect. I personally liked Iupati coming out more than I did Decastro. I 100% disagree with you thinking Warmack is the better prospect. Jones will transition better into the NFL. Also Warmack isnt even the 2nd best guard prospect for his team.

1. Barrett Jones
2. DJ Fluker
3. Chance Warmack
I love Barrett, and I think Warmack is overrated by some right now, but no way Fluker is better than Chance. I feel Fluker is supremely overrated because of his team and teammates.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Meco wrote:

Want to bet? I'll bet he's a third round pick at best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: