Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we trading to be in the top 5 in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Are we trading to be in the top 5 in the draft Reply with quote

i can see us trading up in the draft if we dont think that barylon or mike wont be there but if we dont trade it would be nice if we got a 3rd round pick for rod gardner and like a 1st and a 3rd or 4th rounder for coles if the moss trade doesnt go threw
batteringram31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't get a first rounder for Coles. He has a problem with his foot and his salary is too high.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r u crazy coles is 1 of them best receivers in the game he defenetly is worth a 1st round pick joe gibbs saw him run the patterns and he did fine the leg didnt even bother him
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for the bad toe, we probably could get a 1st for Coles. But he won't get the surgery, and 10 yards per catch isn't worth a 1st rounder. He's a top receiver when healthy, but everyone knows about his injury.
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt also that we would get a FIRST rounder for L.C. I say keep him and open the offense up and try to actually utalize him next year! Try and get a THIRD rounder for Gardner, Draft Williams or Edwards, move up in the draft if we need too. Smile
batteringram31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles could be a top reciever if he was healthy and if he were a bit taller. Someone tell me what the deal is with Coles and Santana Moss. Is the trade going to go down or what? If it does, I would say that the Jets get the better part of the deal. Even though Coles does have the foot problem, I would pick him over Moss.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coles-Santana Moss deal, if its not fully dead, is on life support. The Jets got pissed when Coles told them that he will need a new contract.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles is either cut or kept at this point. He will not re-work his contract to be traded. In all likelihood, he will be a redskin and then traded or cut next year when his cap cost doubles.

I also dont seeing us trade up in this draft. As much as I would like to take Williams, I think we are either trading down for value or taking the best available player at 9.

Did anyone see Braylon Edwards march into the Bench Press at the combine and rip off 22 presses? Pretty impressive, I think two more WRs did the same thing after he did.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree actually. I'm usually not a big fan of trading up, but I think Williams is such a great fit for us that it makes perfect sense. For the Skins, he makes more sense than for most of the other teams who are apparently considering him. Bears have Muhammad, Bucs have Clayton, Titans have Bennett (and Calico), and Vikes have Robinson, all of whom are 6'3" or bigger. Those guys can go up to get the jump ball, but the Skins lack any of those guys, and thats why we are the best fit for him. We have the speed guys to stretch it out, but no big man like him.

I'm gonna say something that I think many people will disagree with, but I believe it is accurate: I don't feel like the Skins have that many holes to be filled. WR, C, and DE are the only real holes we have, assuming we successfully resign all of our FAs. We could also use a blocking TE and a run-stuffer at DT to rotate with Salave'a. That said, I think we could afford to sacrifice some picks this year, or next year, if need be in order to get a guy who could be an amazing difference-maker. Those positions are definitely ones we can address in an economically sound way in FA, and we could certainly deal with losing a pick or two.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm gonna say something that I think many people will disagree with, but I believe it is accurate: I don't feel like the Skins have that many holes to be filled. WR, C, and DE are the only real holes we have, assuming we successfully resign all of our FAs. We could also use a blocking TE and a run-stuffer at DT to rotate with Salave'a. That said, I think we could afford to sacrifice some picks this year, or next year, if need be in order to get a guy who could be an amazing difference-maker. Those positions are definitely ones we can address in an economically sound way in FA, and we could certainly deal with losing a pick or two.

As it stands right now, I tend to agree with you. Once free agency starts we might have a need at CB, and MLB. If we lose Smoot and start Harris, we still need a backup. If we lose Pierce, we'll need someone there also. We can't count on Barrow, so we likely need a starter.

We really need to find out what Jacobs and McCants have too, for all we know, we might not have a good 3rd WR.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I have heard from the Redskins, they think Jacobs could be great, so I think they will trust him at WR.

I am of the belief that Pierce and Smoot will be re-signed, but certainly if they don't, we will have to target those areas.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I have heard from the Redskins, they think Jacobs could be great, so I think they will trust him at WR.

I am of the belief that Pierce and Smoot will be re-signed, but certainly if they don't, we will have to target those areas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: