Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andre Carter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Andre Carter Reply with quote

Anyone seeing him coming back maybe mid season. Ninkovich can not get any pressure, if they are a true 4-3 attacking team they need a better option. Andre, and, Jones outside, and Cunningham brining pressure up the middle on passing downs would be alot better than they have.
subherbanite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I felt like Ninkovich was a complete non-factor in that game. I saw him rush up field past Flacco a lot or just get stone walled at the LOS. Maybe it was just one game against a decent OL, IDK... Think
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subherbanite wrote:
I may be wrong but I felt like Ninkovich was a complete non-factor in that game. I saw him rush up field past Flacco a lot or just get stone walled at the LOS. Maybe it was just one game against a decent OL, IDK... Think

Ninkovich hasn't done anything all year.

Last edited by nextsuperstar on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is rooting for his teammates here in NE.

Would love to bring him back and move Ninko to 43Sam so he can split snaps w. DHightower.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
subherbanite wrote:

I agree he hasnt even been good against the run.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
subherbanite wrote:

I agree he hasnt even been good against the run.

I don't think its a matter of "good against the run" as much as he is disciplined against the run and BB values that. I really want to see what Cunningham would do with the starting role.

It was interesting to see him get replaced with Trevor Scott in the fourth quarter, even though the game was close and run defense was important. I wonder if we'll see Scott on early downs again, or if that was just to get a fresh body out there. Scott doesn't seem like someone you trust staying home or containing a run play.

As for Andre Carter.... he's unsigned for the season. The Rams and Raiders have both passed on him in FA.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Andre Carter.... he's unsigned for the season. The Rams and Raiders have both passed on him in FA.[/quote]

I agree he is usigned for a reason he's not 100% yet. Thats why i said mid season give him more time to recover.During the bye week i wont be shocked if he comes back. Since he has'nt signed anywhere else i can see him hold out until, unless a legit contender offers him a deal.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:

I don't think its a matter of "good against the run" as much as he is disciplined against the run and BB values that. I really want to see what Cunningham would do with the starting role.

BB doesn't value guys who can't get off blocks and who fail to set the edge - both of which have been issues with Ninkovich this year. Is part of his "quietness" by design? Yes. But he's a total non-factor in the passing game and there are too many plays in the run game where Ninkovich is taken out of the play successfully by the RT.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly think Ninkovich fits more of the mold of a standing LB, and that's evident from the past. Cunningham needs to switch roles with him, and he needs to go back to the LB rotation.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
FakingInjuries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more interested in trading for Dwight Freeney.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have been thinking all along. Andre Carter is a better DE and has more experience than what we have right now. I feel like Ninkovich is better playing second string linebacker.
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Honestly think Ninkovich fits more of the mold of a standing LB, and that's evident from the past. Cunningham needs to switch roles with him, and he needs to go back to the LB rotation.

Ninkovich has never played off the line of scrimmage. That's the bigger issue than whether his hand is on the ground or not.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Yes, but he has dropped back into coverage and has proven to be able to make plays at that. I don't see why he couldn't be better there than where he is now..

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
^^ Yes, but he has dropped back into coverage and has proven to be able to make plays at that. I don't see why he couldn't be better there than where he is now..

He's looked good dropping into zone coverage in the flat. Apples to oranges. Make him stand up and move around with offensive players and he'll get killed. Not as bad as other defensive ends would, maybe, but it wouldn't be pretty.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should have signed him during TC and put him on PuP.

Sigh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: