Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 4 - MNF - Chicago (2-1) @ Dallas (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
He's a playmaker making a play because he has to make up for his team. 99/100 it's a big play. This time it wasn't. You can't just say to the one time something bad happens that he shouldn't do it. Get real.


It isn't just this one time though, that's the issue.


When else has he stepped up and had it stripped? I can probably show you 5 times per game that he steps up and makes a big play. For the 400 times he's done it in his career and made a play, would you trade all those away for him to not have fumbled that ball tonight? Rolling Eyes


Last edited by dahobofest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3641
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
So you're telling me Romo should play as exceptional as he did, not miss a single throw, never fumble a ball trying to make a play off his offensive line? Why don't you bring down God to play.


Please for the love of everything holy, comprehend my posts. This was not 100% Romos fault. Dez gets blame. JG gets blame. O-line gets a little and Defense gets a little. Tony has to be smarter than to try to make those stupid little flips in a situation like that. If we are up 7 instead, then its not as big a deal and I can understand taking a chance. But, he must know the circumstances and know not to take that type of risk. He made some good throws tonight, as he always does. But the difference tonight, and this year so far, has been that he hasn't been as sharp as he was last year. He looks more like the 2007 Tony Romo than the 2011 version.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
be WARE94


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 2297
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
come on......alot of guys are getting it done with poor offensive lines.....tony did it last year....he just hasn't played smart this year.....great qbs don't give away games like this year after year......and tony has Sad


I love how he makes it seem like we don't wish Romo was playing better and smarter. Laughing

The reality is that because we're talking about it, it's obviously something we're upset about. We're stating facts and looking and things realistically. He's missing wide-open targets for easy touchdowns. He's forcing throws and never takes the sack or throws the football away. He's throws 8 INTs in 4 games, and fumbled 3 times.

Something about him is just not right this year, and for someone looking to get a payday and contract extension, he's not doing the things he needs to do and won't stop doing the things he needs to either. It's as simple as that.


last year he was awesome......i think he's definitely missing laurent robinson.....and seeing as we can't run.....things haven't opened up for him at all.....but still......he was really steady last year.....but this year....something is missing.....he's regressing it seems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
So you're telling me Romo should play as exceptional as he did, not miss a single throw, never fumble a ball trying to make a play off his offensive line? Why don't you bring down God to play.


Please for the love of everything holy, comprehend my posts. This was not 100% Romos fault. Dez gets blame. JG gets blame. O-line gets a little and Defense gets a little. Tony has to be smarter than to try to make those stupid little flips in a situation like that. If we are up 7 instead, then its not as big a deal and I can understand taking a chance. But, he must know the circumstances and know not to take that type of risk. He made some good throws tonight, as he always does. But the difference tonight, and this year so far, has been that he hasn't been as sharp as he was last year. He looks more like the 2007 Tony Romo than the 2011 version.


He wasn't flipping the ball. He was stepping up with two hands on the ball. It's a risk that 99% of the time turns into a big play. I really don't understand the argument here. You can't tell him not to do that when 99% of the time he does it with great success. If you don't want him to do it there, then you're saying you don't want him to do it those millions of times he's made big plays.

You really don't think he looked sharp? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Go watch the game. He was balling out the entire time the game was competitive.


Last edited by dahobofest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
Cicero wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
come on......alot of guys are getting it done with poor offensive lines.....tony did it last year....he just hasn't played smart this year.....great qbs don't give away games like this year after year......and tony has Sad


I love how he makes it seem like we don't wish Romo was playing better and smarter. Laughing

The reality is that because we're talking about it, it's obviously something we're upset about. We're stating facts and looking and things realistically. He's missing wide-open targets for easy touchdowns. He's forcing throws and never takes the sack or throws the football away. He's throws 8 INTs in 4 games, and fumbled 3 times.

Something about him is just not right this year, and for someone looking to get a payday and contract extension, he's not doing the things he needs to do and won't stop doing the things he needs to either. It's as simple as that.


last year he was awesome......i think he's definitely missing laurent robinson.....and seeing as we can't run.....things haven't opened up for him at all.....but still......he was really steady last year.....but this year....something is missing.....he's regressing it seems


What's missing is that his receivers either can't catch the ball or his linemen can't block. That's really what it's come down to.

Seattle: tons of dropped balls
Bucs: offensive line was terrible and tons of penalties
Tonight: dropped balls for interceptions, wrong route runs, more dropped balls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28355
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...Romo never makes mistakes?
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3641
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Think I got my years mixed up there. Meant 2008.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hitstreak07


Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Posts: 1346
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This was disgusting. This game is going to cause me to really rethink my stance on some things about this team. This is not an overreaction. This is my thinking somewhat clearly (I've had a few too many).

Tony Romo doesn't need a contract extension. I have been one of the biggest Romo supporters on this planet since he became our starting QB. I'm not saying he should be benched this year or next. He will, and should, remain our starting QB as he gives us the best chance of winning a football game. But, after 2013, I feel as though we should thank Tony for his services in a Cowboys uniform and let him walk.

Jason Garrett is a good head coach, I really believe that. He is not a good offensive coordinator however. We must go out and get a true offensive coordinator who can run a balanced offense.

We need offensive lineman to help this running game. Demarco Murray has no where to run. NO WHERE. If we do not draft 2 OL in the first 4 rounds of the draft next year, I will lead the JG/JJ must go chants.

This season is not a wash yet. We are still 2-2. Just like 2 of the other 3 teams in our division. This team could still theoretically pull it together. But all the talk in the offseason about this team being different (that I bought in to) has turned out to be a bunch of bologna. This is the same ol' .500 football team that makes the most mind-numbing mistakes at the most mind-numbing times.

For now, lets go Rangers and Wreck Em Texas Tech Red Raiders.


What does this game have to do with Tony Romo? If anything, this game showed that you'd want to give Romo a contract extension. If those first three picks don't happen (that weren't his fault), he'd never be in position to throw the last two and they would have likely won the game... so how could you blame Romo? Makes me think you didn't even watch the game. He was playing huge the entire time the game was competitive.


While I agree with your support for Romo, I have to ask, how was the 3rd INT not on Romo? Didn't the ball leave his hands in a fumble like fashion, directly into the bread basket of Briggs who ran it the other way for the TD?? I dunno how you ask someone if they watched the game, when you say that wasn't Romo's fault


He had to avoid a free rusher by stepping up. He had two hands on the ball... What should he have done instead? Taken a sack? Hell no, he's a playmaker and you let him make a play. The defender got his hand on the ball and it was a good strip. The bad play was the bad blocking, the rest was just a strip.


Uhhhh, you protect the ball and absolutely take a sack.....it would've left them with 2nd down and about 14, still in field goal range.....that was at least a 10 point swing, maybe even 14....absolutely Romo's fault on that one, your logic doesnt make a lot of sense


So you're saying it was normal that Bernadeau lets a guy have a free rush on the quarterback?


Dude are you serious right now?? Quarterbacks get sacked all the time, but when they see pressure, it is their JOB to be smart, hold on to the ball, and take the sack......had he been blind sided, about to make a throw, gotten hit then fumbled, thats a little bit different.....but on this play, he saw pressure and was being hit, and instead of protecting the ball and preserving at least a field goal (which would've made it 17-10 or maybe even 17-14) he make some boneheaded play and it goes the other way making it 24-7, nail in coffin


Most quarterbacks actually don't get sacked all the time. You're just used to seeing Romo sacked all the time. If you want to win games and put up points behind this offensive line, Romo is going to have to make the plays he does... which includes stepping up. One time out of 100 times he steps up he gets stripped and you now want him to take sacks?


FYI....he fumbled twice last week, almost costing us the Tampa game.....just a reminder......


From blind side hits?


At least 1 of them was just like the one tonight, not blind side, just not taking care of the ball......Like I said, he takes a sack there and holds on to the ball, we have 2nd down and like 14, still in field goal range, so its a good bet we make it a 1 posession game......instead he does what you say is the "Right" thing to do, and in 10 seconds it was a 3 posession game.....how on earth do you justify your argument as being correct??....look, the first 2 picks weren't his fault, i'm the first person to say that, but the 3rd was 100% on him


So tell me, you want him to take the sack. Do you want him to take the sack every time in this situation? 99/100 he makes a huge play. How should he know when to try or not to try. Be real. He's a playmaker making a play because he has to make up for his team. 99/100 it's a big play. This time it wasn't. You can't just say to the one time something bad happens that he shouldn't do it. Get real.


99/100 is an extremely exaggerated stat.....So I think you need to 'get real'......I think Tony is a very good QB, and I've always supported him, but his 3rd INT was his fault, and it cost us dearly, bottom line.....I will say this, if he had taken the sack and held on to the ball, we probably aren't having this conversation right now.....I can't guarantee it, but had we put points on the board there, the final outcome would've been completely different
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cicero


Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1235
Location: Portland, OR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't stand this dahobofest moron anymore. It's painfully clear that this kid is blind as hell, and while I can applaud his loyalty and faithfulness to our football team, his logic just infuriates me to no end. There is no way in this universe, or any fictional universe that you can make a claim and say that Tony Romo played good tonight.

Period.

I honestly question if you know what football really is.

_____

Sorry D82 but I had to rant. I'll accept whatever consequences that come with it.
_________________

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
be WARE94


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 2297
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
Cicero wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:
come on......alot of guys are getting it done with poor offensive lines.....tony did it last year....he just hasn't played smart this year.....great qbs don't give away games like this year after year......and tony has Sad


I love how he makes it seem like we don't wish Romo was playing better and smarter. Laughing

The reality is that because we're talking about it, it's obviously something we're upset about. We're stating facts and looking and things realistically. He's missing wide-open targets for easy touchdowns. He's forcing throws and never takes the sack or throws the football away. He's throws 8 INTs in 4 games, and fumbled 3 times.

Something about him is just not right this year, and for someone looking to get a payday and contract extension, he's not doing the things he needs to do and won't stop doing the things he needs to either. It's as simple as that.


last year he was awesome......i think he's definitely missing laurent robinson.....and seeing as we can't run.....things haven't opened up for him at all.....but still......he was really steady last year.....but this year....something is missing.....he's regressing it seems


What's missing is that his receivers either can't catch the ball or his linemen can't block. That's really what it's come down to.

Seattle: tons of dropped balls
Bucs: offensive line was terrible and tons of penalties
Tonight: dropped balls for interceptions, wrong route runs, more dropped balls.


agreed....if you think anyone here(myself included) thinks that tony is the only problem you are definitely mistaken......we have a huge list of problems.....it just so happens that unlike last year (with the exception of 2 games) tony is part of the problem....the team is in bad shape and needs to play better.....that includes tony
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3641
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
So you're telling me Romo should play as exceptional as he did, not miss a single throw, never fumble a ball trying to make a play off his offensive line? Why don't you bring down God to play.


Please for the love of everything holy, comprehend my posts. This was not 100% Romos fault. Dez gets blame. JG gets blame. O-line gets a little and Defense gets a little. Tony has to be smarter than to try to make those stupid little flips in a situation like that. If we are up 7 instead, then its not as big a deal and I can understand taking a chance. But, he must know the circumstances and know not to take that type of risk. He made some good throws tonight, as he always does. But the difference tonight, and this year so far, has been that he hasn't been as sharp as he was last year. He looks more like the 2007 Tony Romo than the 2011 version.


He wasn't flipping the ball. He was stepping up with two hands on the ball. It's a risk that 99% of the time turns into a big play. I really don't understand the argument here. You can't tell him not to do that when 99% of the time he does it with great success. If you don't want him to do it there, then you're saying you don't want him to do it those millions of times he's made big plays.

You really don't think he looked sharp? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Go watch the game. He was balling out the entire time the game was competitive.


Just the fact that you thought he was sharp signals the end of my argument. I bid you adieu gentleman. Dahobofest will be here all week.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
So...Romo never makes mistakes?


He makes mistakes... but he makes so many positive plays despite his offensive line that it's absurd to criticize him for those mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28355
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
I really can't stand this dahobofest moron anymore. It's painfully clear that this kid is blind as hell, and while I can applaud his loyalty and faithfulness to our football team, his logic just infuriates me to no end. There is no way in this universe, or any fictional universe that you can make a claim and say that Tony Romo played good tonight.

Period.

I honestly question if you know what football really is.

_____

Sorry D82 but I had to rant. I'll accept whatever consequences that come with it.


Cicero, that's a warning

Quote:
2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.

_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
I really can't stand this dahobofest moron anymore. It's painfully clear that this kid is blind as hell, and while I can applaud his loyalty and faithfulness to our football team, his logic just infuriates me to no end. There is no way in this universe, or any fictional universe that you can make a claim and say that Tony Romo played good tonight.

Period.

I honestly question if you know what football really is.

_____

Sorry D82 but I had to rant. I'll accept whatever consequences that come with it.



Where is my logic flawed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28355
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
So...Romo never makes mistakes?


He makes mistakes... but he makes so many positive plays despite his offensive line that it's absurd to criticize him for those mistakes.


When the game is on the line...do you trust Romo to step up and have the ability to not make the mistake, to play smart, and lead the team back to victory?

For me, personally, the answer is: no.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group