Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 4 - MNF - Chicago (2-1) @ Dallas (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Tony Romo doesn't need a contract extension.

I was glad to see that the team had cut off talks with Romo until the end of the year, let's see what happens this year. Not the biggest problem, but not the biggest solution either.

As for DeMarco Murray, I see no one still says he's injury prone. It just sucks he's going to be healthy probably for the whole season and still not get 1000 yards. Unbelievable

Romo cut off talks with the Cowboys....

And if Romo playing huge all game making big plays in spite of his crappy offensive line is a problem, then I don't know what isn't. You guys sound like irrational cowboy fans tonight.

And Romo also gave the ball RIGHT back to the Bears after our Defense made a HUGE play to get us the ball back with the game still in our sights. And Romo reverted to old Romo by being careless with the ball. We HAD to capitalize on that opportunity and, in normal Cowboys fashion, we didn't.

You can't have the good without occasionally the bad. If you don't want that fumble every now and then, then don't expect Romo to make the dazzling huge plays he makes that no one else can or does. Then your offense will look like the Browns.

I don't mind the fumbles. I mind the fumbles when your team is in an extremely bad spot against a great defense and your down 14 and need a score to keep the game in check. Not to mention, you got a little momentum from your defense coming up big and giving you AMAZING field position.

How are you going to score with that offensive line? Sitting back and taking sacks? Rolling Eyes
be WARE94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
rough go tonight guys, sorry you had to run into the REAL best D in the NFL. I said it in our GDT when it happened, those opportunities for big plays don't come very often against our D, if you miss out on them you are sunk. Good Luck the rest of the way, happy we are both leaving healthy. Next year we'll meet at our place, drinks are on me

Cowboys didn't need the big plays actually. They would have won if those first three turnovers didn't happen.

dude.....two bears fans have come in here and been nothing but classy.....chill out brother lol
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This was disgusting. This game is going to cause me to really rethink my stance on some things about this team. This is not an overreaction. This is my thinking somewhat clearly (I've had a few too many).

Tony Romo doesn't need a contract extension. I have been one of the biggest Romo supporters on this planet since he became our starting QB. I'm not saying he should be benched this year or next. He will, and should, remain our starting QB as he gives us the best chance of winning a football game. But, after 2013, I feel as though we should thank Tony for his services in a Cowboys uniform and let him walk.

Jason Garrett is a good head coach, I really believe that. He is not a good offensive coordinator however. We must go out and get a true offensive coordinator who can run a balanced offense.

We need offensive lineman to help this running game. Demarco Murray has no where to run. NO WHERE. If we do not draft 2 OL in the first 4 rounds of the draft next year, I will lead the JG/JJ must go chants.

This season is not a wash yet. We are still 2-2. Just like 2 of the other 3 teams in our division. This team could still theoretically pull it together. But all the talk in the offseason about this team being different (that I bought in to) has turned out to be a bunch of bologna. This is the same ol' .500 football team that makes the most mind-numbing mistakes at the most mind-numbing times.

For now, lets go Rangers and Wreck Em Texas Tech Red Raiders.

What does this game have to do with Tony Romo? If anything, this game showed that you'd want to give Romo a contract extension. If those first three picks don't happen (that weren't his fault), he'd never be in position to throw the last two and they would have likely won the game... so how could you blame Romo? Makes me think you didn't even watch the game. He was playing huge the entire time the game was competitive.

While I agree with your support for Romo, I have to ask, how was the 3rd INT not on Romo? Didn't the ball leave his hands in a fumble like fashion, directly into the bread basket of Briggs who ran it the other way for the TD?? I dunno how you ask someone if they watched the game, when you say that wasn't Romo's fault

He had to avoid a free rusher by stepping up. He had two hands on the ball... What should he have done instead? Taken a sack? Hell no, he's a playmaker and you let him make a play. The defender got his hand on the ball and it was a good strip. The bad play was the bad blocking, the rest was just a strip.

Uhhhh, you protect the ball and absolutely take a sack.....it would've left them with 2nd down and about 14, still in field goal range.....that was at least a 10 point swing, maybe even 14....absolutely Romo's fault on that one, your logic doesnt make a lot of sense

So you're saying it was normal that Bernadeau lets a guy have a free rush on the quarterback?

Dude are you serious right now?? Quarterbacks get sacked all the time, but when they see pressure, it is their JOB to be smart, hold on to the ball, and take the sack......had he been blind sided, about to make a throw, gotten hit then fumbled, thats a little bit different.....but on this play, he saw pressure and was being hit, and instead of protecting the ball and preserving at least a field goal (which would've made it 17-10 or maybe even 17-14) he make some boneheaded play and it goes the other way making it 24-7, nail in coffin

Most quarterbacks actually don't get sacked all the time. You're just used to seeing Romo sacked all the time. If you want to win games and put up points behind this offensive line, Romo is going to have to make the plays he does... which includes stepping up. One time out of 100 times he steps up he gets stripped and you now want him to take sacks?

FYI....he fumbled twice last week, almost costing us the Tampa game.....just a reminder......

From blind side hits?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This was disgusting. This game is going to cause me to really rethink my stance on some things about this team. This is not an overreaction. This is my thinking somewhat clearly (I've had a few too many).

Tony Romo doesn't need a contract extension. I have been one of the biggest Romo supporters on this planet since he became our starting QB. I'm not saying he should be benched this year or next. He will, and should, remain our starting QB as he gives us the best chance of winning a football game. But, after 2013, I feel as though we should thank Tony for his services in a Cowboys uniform and let him walk.

Jason Garrett is a good head coach, I really believe that. He is not a good offensive coordinator however. We must go out and get a true offensive coordinator who can run a balanced offense.

We need offensive lineman to help this running game. Demarco Murray has no where to run. NO WHERE. If we do not draft 2 OL in the first 4 rounds of the draft next year, I will lead the JG/JJ must go chants.

This season is not a wash yet. We are still 2-2. Just like 2 of the other 3 teams in our division. This team could still theoretically pull it together. But all the talk in the offseason about this team being different (that I bought in to) has turned out to be a bunch of bologna. This is the same ol' .500 football team that makes the most mind-numbing mistakes at the most mind-numbing times.

What does this game have to do with Tony Romo? If anything, this game showed that you'd want to give Romo a contract extension. If those first three picks don't happen (that weren't his fault), he'd never be in position to throw the last two and they would have likely won the game... so how could you blame Romo? Makes me think you didn't even watch the game. He was playing huge the entire time the game was competitive.

Please show me where I said it was Tonys fault. No? Didn't think so. It was merely me saying that he doesn't need an extension. In fact, I said he deserves to be the starter throughout his contract. Tony Romo has done very very very GOOD things for this franchise. But he hasn't done GREAT things. I still believe that with a consistent Oline and running game, he could lead this team to a couple of playoff wins or maybe even a Superbowl appearance. But, is it really worth giving the guy a huge extension when he will be 2 more years along in the downturn of his career? No it isn't worth it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, he hasn't done amazing things? Are you joking? He does amazing things every game despite a completely inept team around him. What is your definition of "Great"?

I consider Great as winning multiple playoff games and/or winning a superbowl. I consider making awesome individual plays "despite a completely inept team around him" as being very good things. Great Quarterbacks win Championships or at least more than one playoff game. When Tony Romos career is over, people will not look back on it and say "Man, he was a great Quarterback."

I forgot this is an individual sport.

No its not and I acknowledged that earlier if you'd read.

Romo was not good tonight. Yes, 2 of those INTs were not on him. But, the other Pick 6 was. He also missed a wide open Dez Bryant for a would be TD. He also missed a wide open Miles Austin for a would be TD. Those are some huge plays that GREAT QBs make.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Cicero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
From blind side hits?

Okay everyone, we've established he's just a blind homer. You can all go back to sulking about this trash game and no-character football team.

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
be WARE94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

I was glad to see that the team had cut off talks with Romo until the end of the year, let's see what happens this year. Not the biggest problem, but not the biggest solution either.

As for DeMarco Murray, I see no one still says he's injury prone. It just sucks he's going to be healthy probably for the whole season and still not get 1000 yards. Unbelievable

And if Romo playing huge all game making big plays in spite of his crappy offensive line is a problem, then I don't know what isn't. You guys sound like irrational cowboy fans tonight.

And Romo also gave the ball RIGHT back to the Bears after our Defense made a HUGE play to get us the ball back with the game still in our sights. And Romo reverted to old Romo by being careless with the ball. We HAD to capitalize on that opportunity and, in normal Cowboys fashion, we didn't.

You can't have the good without occasionally the bad. If you don't want that fumble every now and then, then don't expect Romo to make the dazzling huge plays he makes that no one else can or does. Then your offense will look like the Browns.

I don't mind the fumbles. I mind the fumbles when your team is in an extremely bad spot against a great defense and your down 14 and need a score to keep the game in check. Not to mention, you got a little momentum from your defense coming up big and giving you AMAZING field position.

How are you going to score with that offensive line? Sitting back and taking sacks? Rolling Eyes

come on......alot of guys are getting it done with poor offensive lines.....tony did it last year....he just hasn't played smart this year.....great qbs don't give away games like this year after year......and tony has Sad
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

While I agree with your support for Romo, I have to ask, how was the 3rd INT not on Romo? Didn't the ball leave his hands in a fumble like fashion, directly into the bread basket of Briggs who ran it the other way for the TD?? I dunno how you ask someone if they watched the game, when you say that wasn't Romo's fault

1st interception: Dez runs the wrong route.
2nd interception: Olgetree bobbles.
3rd interception: Mackenzie Bernadeau allows a jail break that gets ROMO hit from behind by Henry Boulton.
4th interception: Miles Austin runs a crossing/timing route that should have been in front of the CB: However, it doesn't matter because at this point it's all passing and Bears play zone D.
5th interception: Bears play zone D.

When your OLINE can't pass protect/run block and WRs drop balls/run wrong routes/bobbles it in the air...well gentlemen...u are looking at a very long season.

Sight adjustment or not, that route was squatted on by the corner. It was a bad throw.

3rd pick slash fumble was on Romo 100 percent, he was trying to switch hands. He was trying make one of those flick it to witten things when he should have either, A taken the sack, B covered the ball and hoped for best, or C thrown it witten like a pro qb and taken the hit and hoped for the best. That little shovel thing was bound to backfire sooner or later, it would have the fourth time he tried it in the game.

Picks four and five are all on him as well. He put the team in a position that they had to throw it around like crazy. This loss falls firmly on Romo, anything else is just false.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Please show me where I said it was Tonys fault. No? Didn't think so. It was merely me saying that he doesn't need an extension. In fact, I said he deserves to be the starter throughout his contract. Tony Romo has done very very very GOOD things for this franchise. But he hasn't done GREAT things. I still believe that with a consistent Oline and running game, he could lead this team to a couple of playoff wins or maybe even a Superbowl appearance. But, is it really worth giving the guy a huge extension when he will be 2 more years along in the downturn of his career? No it isn't worth it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, he hasn't done amazing things? Are you joking? He does amazing things every game despite a completely inept team around him. What is your definition of "Great"?

I consider Great as winning multiple playoff games and/or winning a superbowl. I consider making awesome individual plays "despite a completely inept team around him" as being very good things. Great Quarterbacks win Championships or at least more than one playoff game. When Tony Romos career is over, people will not look back on it and say "Man, he was a great Quarterback."

I forgot this is an individual sport.

No its not and I acknowledged that earlier if you'd read.

Romo was not good tonight. Yes, 2 of those INTs were not on him. But, the other Pick 6 was. He also missed a wide open Dez Bryant for a would be TD. He also missed a wide open Miles Austin for a would be TD. Those are some huge plays that GREAT QBs make.

So you're telling me Romo should play as exceptional as he did, not miss a single throw, never fumble a ball trying to make a play off his offensive line? Why don't you bring down God to play.
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

He had to avoid a free rusher by stepping up. He had two hands on the ball... What should he have done instead? Taken a sack? Hell no, he's a playmaker and you let him make a play. The defender got his hand on the ball and it was a good strip. The bad play was the bad blocking, the rest was just a strip.

Uhhhh, you protect the ball and absolutely take a sack.....it would've left them with 2nd down and about 14, still in field goal range.....that was at least a 10 point swing, maybe even 14....absolutely Romo's fault on that one, your logic doesnt make a lot of sense

So you're saying it was normal that Bernadeau lets a guy have a free rush on the quarterback?

Dude are you serious right now?? Quarterbacks get sacked all the time, but when they see pressure, it is their JOB to be smart, hold on to the ball, and take the sack......had he been blind sided, about to make a throw, gotten hit then fumbled, thats a little bit different.....but on this play, he saw pressure and was being hit, and instead of protecting the ball and preserving at least a field goal (which would've made it 17-10 or maybe even 17-14) he make some boneheaded play and it goes the other way making it 24-7, nail in coffin

Most quarterbacks actually don't get sacked all the time. You're just used to seeing Romo sacked all the time. If you want to win games and put up points behind this offensive line, Romo is going to have to make the plays he does... which includes stepping up. One time out of 100 times he steps up he gets stripped and you now want him to take sacks?

FYI....he fumbled twice last week, almost costing us the Tampa game.....just a reminder......

From blind side hits?

At least 1 of them was just like the one tonight, not blind side, just not taking care of the ball......Like I said, he takes a sack there and holds on to the ball, we have 2nd down and like 14, still in field goal range, so its a good bet we make it a 1 posession game......instead he does what you say is the "Right" thing to do, and in 10 seconds it was a 3 posession game.....how on earth do you justify your argument as being correct??....look, the first 2 picks weren't his fault, i'm the first person to say that, but the 3rd was 100% on him
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

come on......alot of guys are getting it done with poor offensive lines.....tony did it last year....he just hasn't played smart this year.....great qbs don't give away games like this year after year......and tony has Sad

The game was given away by Dez Bryant, Ogletree, and the o-line.
Cicero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:

I love how he makes it seem like we don't wish Romo was playing better and smarter. Laughing

The reality is that because we're talking about it, it's obviously something we're upset about. We're stating facts and looking and things realistically. He's missing wide-open targets for easy touchdowns. He's forcing throws and never takes the sack or throws the football away. He's throws 8 INTs in 4 games, and fumbled 3 times.

Something about him is just not right this year, and for someone looking to get a payday and contract extension, he's not doing the things he needs to do and won't stop doing the things he needs to either. It's as simple as that.

dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

From blind side hits?

At least 1 of them was just like the one tonight, not blind side, just not taking care of the ball......Like I said, he takes a sack there and holds on to the ball, we have 2nd down and like 14, still in field goal range, so its a good bet we make it a 1 posession game......instead he does what you say is the "Right" thing to do, and in 10 seconds it was a 3 posession game.....how on earth do you justify your argument as being correct??....look, the first 2 picks weren't his fault, i'm the first person to say that, but the 3rd was 100% on him

So tell me, you want him to take the sack. Do you want him to take the sack every time in this situation? 99/100 he makes a huge play. How should he know when to try or not to try. Be real. He's a playmaker making a play because he has to make up for his team. 99/100 it's a big play. This time it wasn't. You can't just say to the one time something bad happens that he shouldn't do it. Get real.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
He's a playmaker making a play because he has to make up for his team. 99/100 it's a big play. This time it wasn't. You can't just say to the one time something bad happens that he shouldn't do it. Get real.

It isn't just this one time though, that's the issue.

^^^Deadpulse
dahobofest

be WARE94 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Tell me, who gets it done with poor offensive lines? Only Romo.
Cicero

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
atran35 wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

1st interception: Dez runs the wrong route.
2nd interception: Olgetree bobbles.
3rd interception: Mackenzie Bernadeau allows a jail break that gets ROMO hit from behind by Henry Boulton.
4th interception: Miles Austin runs a crossing/timing route that should have been in front of the CB: However, it doesn't matter because at this point it's all passing and Bears play zone D.
5th interception: Bears play zone D.

When your OLINE can't pass protect/run block and WRs drop balls/run wrong routes/bobbles it in the air...well gentlemen...u are looking at a very long season.

Sight adjustment or not, that route was squatted on by the corner. It was a bad throw.

3rd pick slash fumble was on Romo 100 percent, he was trying to switch hands. He was trying make one of those flick it to witten things when he should have either, A taken the sack, B covered the ball and hoped for best, or C thrown it witten like a pro qb and taken the hit and hoped for the best. That little shovel thing was bound to backfire sooner or later, it would have the fourth time he tried it in the game.

Picks four and five are all on him as well. He put the team in a position that they had to throw it around like crazy. This loss falls firmly on Romo, anything else is just false.

THIS post sums it up exactly. Discussion should be ended now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40

Jump to: