Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Titans @ Texans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Tight Ends are better. That is all.

Oh, and 48-13 Titans win.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

How? Jared Cook is good no doubt, but Daniels has been good this season too. Their numbers this season so far are fairly similar. Taylor Thompson is his backup and he hasnt proven anything yet especially since he is still trying to convert from DE to TE. Our backup TE Garrett Graham (while in experienced) is better than Thompson.
At the very least it is a push.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are riding a huge 1 game winning streak.
A huger 1 game winning streak against the Texans.
And and even huger winning streak when Bud Adams is aloud to come to the game.

Not sure about that last one, just go with it.

Titans win 47-13

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

How? Jared Cook is good no doubt, but Daniels has been good this season too. Their numbers this season so far are fairly similar. Taylor Thompson is his backup and he hasnt proven anything yet especially since he is still trying to convert from DE to TE. Our backup TE Garrett Graham (while in experienced) is better than Thompson.

I think if you factor in that Craig Stevens who is playing full back is kind of a TE, it no doubt makes the titans TE look better, at which case we can factor in James Casey, who doesnt have the stats this season but is very solid

Cook is decent, but Daniels is a Pro Bowler

Cook has just over 1,300 yards and 5 TDs
Daniels has over 300 catches closing in on 4,000 yards and over 20 TDs

basically Daniels is what Cook wants to be when he grows up

and if history isnt enough look at this season:
Cook - 11 catches 161 yards 1 TD
Daniels - 13 catches 160 yards 1TD

a statistical tie, until you factor in 3 things
1. Houston has played with a big lead in all 3 games and has relyed on the run
2. the Titans have attempted on average 6 more passes per game than the texans
3. When you are dead last in rushing offense as the titans are, they are going to be throwing the ball around a whole lot more

Cook might be a better Athlete but daniels is the better player
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Oh, and for ET to be so devastated that he gets blackout drunk. Laughing Wink

...win, lose, tie, season canceled because of the refs, that's gonna happen. Me being blackout drunk. Because of the refs. Those dirty, dirty refs.

VYoung10 wrote:
We are riding a huge 1 game winning streak.

...because of the refs. And because Dominic Raiola. And the refs. But mostly because of Raiola...who is secretly a ref on his off days. He hangs out in his basement and makes false start motions with his hands, flexing his biceps like Ed Hochuli used to do. Sweet, sweet Ed Hochuli. We miss thee.

Quote:
A huger 1 game winning streak against the Texans.

Jake Delhomme actually had lunch with a ref that day. I would credit that game to this. And Dave Ragone...the only man who can stop these refs.

Quote:
And and even huger winning streak when Bud Adams is aloud to come to the game.

I once heard he punched a ref with his foot. This was when he was in Houston, so it was cool. Now he does it in Tenn, which - according to scientific stuff - makes it kind of lame. I mean, the science is there. And the refs are trying to boycott that. Damn refs.

Quote:
Not sure about that last one, just go with it.

Unrelated...but were you a ref in the Green Bay/Seattle game? I think that's what they were saying, too.

Quote:
Titans win 47-13

If the refs can control the points in the paint and ensure that nobody gets into the tee box prior to a home run, then I think it will be a lower scoring game. Maybe a few less shots on goal, even a 6-4-3 double play or two in there. However, you have the 7-10 split to worry about to make a spare, and if any ref choose to give a player a red card, we might see a game decided at the free throw line (nobody wants THAT, now do we?) Nonetheless, when that checkered flag comes out on the final lap, I don't wanna see a King, 7, 4 on the flop, you know?

Let's just hope that the refs will check the gloves before they enter the octagon, and nobody is allowed to bring a steel chair in after they land a DDT. THAT could get ugly.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortenson is reporting a deal might be done soon and we could have reals refs this weekend! Applause Applause

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo. Well done.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Mortenson is reporting a deal might be done soon and we could have reals refs this weekend! Applause Applause

They're going to take a while to get up to speed, but there's hope at least.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I think if you factor in that Craig Stevens who is playing full back is kind of a TE, it no doubt makes the titans TE look better, at which case we can factor in James Casey, who doesnt have the stats this season but is very solid

Craig Stevens plays fullback for us? Thompson is our #2 TE?

At least you didn't flat-out kill off Stevens like the other guy in this quote tree did.

Man, learn something new about my team every day.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Thank god. Schefter was talking about it will take time for the
real refs to start reffing games, but I'm glad they reached an agreement, and I'm even more glad that they could start reffing this week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

At least you didn't flat-out kill off Stevens like the other guy in this quote tree did.

Oops. My bad, still doesnt factor in that you guys have a better TE corp than us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

well i knew that Stevens played TE but i though the was lining up at Full Back the other day, but i dont follow that closely
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Oops. My bad, still doesnt factor in that you guys have a better TE corp than us.

Yea Stevens is the #2 TE. Not a FB at all. Quinn Johnson is the FB and he sucks. Thompson is the #3 TE. I think the only edge the Titans have at the moment are WR and TE. WR honestly is definitely in favor of the Titans. Yes, the Texans have AJ but that's basically it. The rest is a bunch of unknowns. WR is one of the Titans deepest positions. Britt, Washington, Wright, Williams, and Hawkins. Just overall better depth. Still wont matter though. Texans win 28-17

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Yea Stevens is the #2 TE. Not a FB at all. Quinn Johnson is the FB and he sucks. Thompson is the #3 TE. I think the only edge the Titans have at the moment are WR and TE. WR honestly is definitely in favor of the Titans. Yes, the Texans have AJ but that's basically it. The rest is a bunch of unknowns. WR is one of the Titans deepest positions. Britt, Washington, Wright, Williams, and Hawkins. Just overall better depth. Still wont matter though. Texans win 28-17

Well then you can just stay here after the game, Mr. Texan Fan.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I agree that both positions may be close if you are drafting a fantasy team full of upside, but for all their talent and potential Britt has put together about 6 great games in 4 seasons and Cook has maybe 4 good ones in 4 seasons. Daniels may not be a sexy fantasy play, but he is good for 4 catches / 60 yards every week like clockwork vs. the Cook disappearing act and 40 of his 60 catches each season extend drives or set up 2nd and 3 where play action is so effective. Britt killed us on national TV a few years ago, so I have a healthy respect for what he is capable of, but I'm sorry you don't get credit for what "could have been" and what has been is a couple of 42 catch 700 yard seasons in 09 & 10 and stupidity since. Yep, Randy Moss was scary when you signed him two years ago too, but reality kicked in over fantasy just like it has with Britt. Now Nate Washington may be the most underrated WR in the NFL and the Titans drafting Kenny Britt may have been the low point of my draft life over the past few years since we didn't get him and I have to root against him, but there is more to the WR position than spectacular catches and 40 times and for what he is asked to do, Kevin Walter is spectacular in his own way and can occasionally catch you napping like this week. Maybe if Titans receivers would do more than run fly patterns down the field and help block the way Texans receivers do, the Titans could get a run game going. We'll see what Martin and Posey have to offer this week. However, Andre Johnson trumps any depth you can possibly offer and I don't see a Titans CB back there as good as Tracy Porter, better yet Champ Bailey and AJ played a BAD game last week.

Chew on this, the Titans 6 Wrs (Britt, Washington, Williams, Hawkins, Wright, Renaud) have a collective 6,000 yards total as Titans if you combine 18 seasons amongst them including the current one while AJ has 10,000 by himself in 10 seasons. 1 AJ trumps the Titans entire corps and has since 2003 (when Tyrone Calico was the next big thing). Potential doesn't pay the bills (or win games).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: