Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst pick since 1999 quarterfinals #3

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Worst pick?
Gerrard Warren
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Beau Bell
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5405
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Worst pick since 1999 quarterfinals #3 Reply with quote

3. Gerard Warren 1st
116 tackles 16.5 sacks in 4 seasons

vs.

6. Beau Bell 4th
0 Stats 1 Season

As bad as Bell was for the most hyped 4th rounder in the history of the draft this has got to be Warren easy. The fact that every draft expert, GM and draft guru knew Richard Seymour was the run away best defensive lineman in the draft and Butch Davis has the nerve to take his ex recruit instead make this one of the worst picks of the new era easy.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16915
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked this is even close. Warren by a mile. He was the flagship of Butch Davis' draft failures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20971
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^


How would a 4th round LB be worse than a top 5 DT in the heart of a rebuild??????
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7927
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Warren was certainly a disappointment for a 3rd overall pick, he did manage to play a decade plus in the NFL, mostly as a decent but unspectacular starter.

Bell didn't register a statistic in 1 NFL season.

4th rounders certainly don't have the expectations of a top 5 pick, but they are expected to at least contribute to a team with the (not unreasonable) expectation of becoming a starter down the line or, at a minimum, a reliable reserve/special teamer.

Bell was literally a nothing.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20971
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which pick crippled the team in the long run more????



Not even close


Not even a little bit
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7927
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Which pick crippled the team in the long run more????



Not even close


Not even a little bit


Ok?

You're right?

FWIW, just because you state an opinion as fact, it doesn't make it so.

But, no, dude, seriously...yer right.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20971
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Which pick crippled the team in the long run more????



Not even close


Not even a little bit


Ok?

You're right?

FWIW, just because you state an opinion as fact, it doesn't make it so.

But, no, dude, seriously...yer right.



I wasn't responding to your post.

I'm just saying in general, if we are looking at the absolute worst picks of the last 13 years, i think whiffing big time on a top 5 pick is much worse than whiffing on a 4th round pick.

I believe it is magnified even further because we were a fresh expansion team that basically needed to hit it's first few 1st rounders to build a solid base for future success.

Was Warren a better player than Bell? For sure

Doesn't mean it was a bigger blow to us though.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7927
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Which pick crippled the team in the long run more????



Not even close


Not even a little bit


Ok?

You're right?

FWIW, just because you state an opinion as fact, it doesn't make it so.

But, no, dude, seriously...yer right.



I wasn't responding to your post.

I'm just saying in general, if we are looking at the absolute worst picks of the last 13 years, i think whiffing big time on a top 5 pick is much worse than whiffing on a 4th round pick.

I believe it is magnified even further because we were a fresh expansion team that basically needed to hit it's first few 1st rounders to build a solid base for future success.

Was Warren a better player than Bell? For sure

Doesn't mean it was a bigger blow to us though.


Fair enough.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20971
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Which pick crippled the team in the long run more????



Not even close


Not even a little bit


Ok?

You're right?

FWIW, just because you state an opinion as fact, it doesn't make it so.

But, no, dude, seriously...yer right.



I wasn't responding to your post.

I'm just saying in general, if we are looking at the absolute worst picks of the last 13 years, i think whiffing big time on a top 5 pick is much worse than whiffing on a 4th round pick.

I believe it is magnified even further because we were a fresh expansion team that basically needed to hit it's first few 1st rounders to build a solid base for future success.

Was Warren a better player than Bell? For sure

Doesn't mean it was a bigger blow to us though.


Fair enough.


Wink

Look at the bright side, can you imagine how bad we'd be if we traded up for Jamarcus Russell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 14788
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerard "Big Monkey" Warren hands down. He was the second worst pick from that draft behind only Jeremiah Pharms. On my list, Pharms is at the top with David Veikune and Brian Robiskie.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group