Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do we even have a shot?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Do we even have a shot? Reply with quote

Do we even have a shot at beating New England this week? We all know our RB situation couldn't look any worse. The WR core is average at best when at full strength. The defense seems to be good as of now stopping the run and longer pass plays, not the quick routes. New England has lost two in a row and is probably itching to come here and lay the smack down on the red-headed step child known as the Bills. Their gameplan against Baltimore will eat us alive. I have little faith in getting a win this week. Without Freddy or CJ, our offense looks lost. They play without confidence when those guys aren't in there. I hope I'm wrong here, I really do.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look at week 17 of last year. We came out smoking had a 21-0 lead then Stevie got benched for writing "Happy Yew Year" on his under shirt. Our offense lost all the wind in its sails and we ended up getting crushed.

So, basically what I'm trying to say is that yes we can beat them, I dont know if we will, but the last 2 weeks have given me confidence. Also, NE is beatable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes? We beat them last year with a much worse team. Our OL in top 5 in the NFL so far through 3 games and our run blocking opens up huge holes. We lead the league with a rushing average of 5.6 YPC. Our defensive is 10x better than last year as well. We didn't have Mario Williams or Kyle Williams last year; probably our two best defensive players. I also found it interesting that this year, Gilmore and Aaron Williams are both in the top 5 for how often they play press coverage. The days of having a vanilla, soft, bend don't break defense is over.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/09/24/days-of-playing-off-coverage-over/

If we can pressure Brady like we have pressured the QB the past two weeks, we have a good chance. It's also at home. Call my crazy but I have a feeling that CJ and Fred Jackson are going to suit up this week. Maybe Chan is pulling a fast one on BB; if Spiller is doubtful going into Sunday, he will play. If he's ruled out earlier in the week then he obviously won't. It kind of sucks that when we play NE @ home, our two best play makers are injured.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We match up much better with a finesse team like NE than a bruising team like NYJ. Our worst games are the ones that we get punched in the mouth start to finish. Next week at SF is pretty much a loss and blowout in my opinion. This week is winnable. We beat this team last year and went up 21-0 on them. It'll be tough game with them coming off 2 straight losses.

TommyC376^^^
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand this at all. I'm about as confident heading into a Pats game as you can be. Freddy will definitely play and I think CJ has a chance to as well. Hernandez being out is a huge bonus. If our pass rush can get to Brady I think we have a real chance. Obviously our secondary will be burned a few times but with their defense will give up its fair share of points as well. Don't see why we can't win.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a great feeling about this game, team has a chance to go 3-1 and knock the all mighty Pats to 1-3. add in that were on a two game winning streak and headed home, are you kidding me?? I predict both Spiller and Freddy play and Fitz shuts up some of his critics.

early prediction is ..

Bills 27
Pats 23
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can hit Brady a lot, which we should be able to, we can win. I don't like facing the Pats after two losses in a row though based on the odds and them being a winning team most of the time. I won't be totally surprised if they come in and demoralize us though since we're (probably) missing CJ and Fred will be playing hurt.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see why not.

Patriots coming off of two losses. We are coming off of two wins. We beat the Patriots last year. We were beating up on them in the 2nd game until we lost Stevie. They are without Aaron. We may have both Freddy and Spiller ready for this game. Patriots stuggle against teams who can create pressure with just 4 rushers. Our Oline is much more dominant. Fitz has been great in the redzone. Just some reasons on why we can beat them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game does have me seriously worried, but mainly one reason. Gronk. The biggest bright spot I think for the Browns last week was Jordan Cameron. That one drive alone it seemed like no one could cover him. If that is how our LB's covered him, I am very worried.

Hopefully we will see a lot of Bryon Scott, I remember a few years ago when we played SD and Jauron made it a point to have him cover Gates, he did an excellent job.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Yes.

Haha, well put. Beauty in simplicity.

Thanks to NickChowaniec for the sig.

NFL- Buffalo Bills
College- Tennessee Vols
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nucealius wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
Yes.

Haha, well put. Beauty in simplicity.

See, he can say that, but you won't even give me the time of day!
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry not a chance in hell. As much of a homer I am I cant see it the Patriots NEVER lose 3 in a row its been 15 years or so I would bet.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also their oline has been the weak point of their team. Marcel, Mark, and the Williams bros. Should have a field day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We most definately have a chance to win this game.. Aside from a horrible openimg 30 minutes, weve played like a playoff type team..IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: