Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

STAY FOCUSED! Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Miami Dolphins fan here - Congratulations to The Cards and their fans on the win. 4-0 and sitting on top!! Good luck the rest of the year!!!

Thanks Maddog and good luck to you. The Fins should have won that game.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
magnuu wrote:

- defense wasn't well game-prepared, but coaching did a great job in half time (I dont know who to blame for the 80yard TD, but i'll say it's blown coverage)

First off, it was a tremendous play action. I truly thought Bush had the ball and the camera did too. It was a very well executed play by Tannehill and the Dolphins O. The blown coverage was by both Rhodes and Wilson. The Dolphins had 2 WR running crossing patterns and Rhodes/Wilson didn't communicate well enough so they both went after the same guy. Rhodes seemed committed to the other WR while Wilson hesitated, leaving Hartline wide open.

Hard to say what Toler was thinking either, just passing him off to the safety who wasn't there.

If they were playing zone, then Rhodes blew it because he should not have crossed the field covering the receiver. Wilson looked like he was expecting to cover the guy Rhodes was on, but than he saw that Hartline was wide open and it was too late.

Justo on the sig
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG guys

hope Kolb works out for you

God knows the NFL doesn't need another ex-Eagles backup QB who was traded for a 2nd round pick to bust Crying or Very sad
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
So does Toler have a chance at taking Gay job on this short week.

Probably not a short week. But week 6? Maybe...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what AZ can do with 3 days to prep for St. Louis. Dockett is needed desperately on the defensive side.

Justo on the sig
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough game, but 4-0 is nice.

Crowd did it again when we had the ball near the end, luckily no false starts.

Toler should take Gay's job.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what AZ can do with 3 days to prep for St. Louis. Dockett is needed desperately on the defensive side.

I think that's why he was rested all week this week, to make sure he's 100% for Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

I think that's why he was rested all week this week, to make sure he's 100% for Thursday.

Yeah the players shouldn't be looking ahead to the next game but the coaching staff can. Division game is a lot more important. Especially since everyone in our division is .500 or above.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the first half and to be honest there was one drive defensively that we made mistakes. Lost contain on the Bush run from the five yard line. Let him get out of a tackle for 9 yards then got burned on a deep pass. We then came back with two very good plays before letting Miami get 19 on 3rd and goal.

Outside of that drive I actually liked our defensive gameplan, we gave up a couple of slants that were then built on by poor tackling (Gay again a major culprit here, but it just seems like an off game to me). Got to give a lot of credit to Tannehill. He dealt well with pressure moved well inside the pocket and made some tremendous throws under pressure. The two throws he made right before the FG at the end of the half were both amazing throws under a lot of pressure.

We may have been down 13-0 at the half, but outside of the one drive (and really four plays) I don't think we were all that bad defensively, Miami were just good on offense and our O was getting nothing going and not allowing our D any time to rest. We needed to run the ball and run some clock in that first half and we didn't huge mistake by the offensive coaching staff.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the big 80 yard TD, have not got the All-22 available yet, but I think Patrick Peterson has a big part to play in it. It is defnitely a zone play. We are playing two deep safeties and Rhodes is supposed to be responsible for that side of the field, so he is partly to blame too.

Toler does the right thing schematically by passing the receiver off as he leaves his zone. Peterson on the other hand bit big time on the playaction and never really recovered. He ends up by a Miami player but I have serious doubts over whether he is in the zone he should be.

Will get a better look on the All-22, but don't rule out Peterson being a major culprit in this one.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to make some, maybe all of you call me crazy.

We played better defensively in the first half than we did in the second and neither half was that bad. The big thing is that mental mistakes and poor play in the secondary gets punished with big plays and points.

Poor play in the secondary, 57 yard pass to Hartline. Mental error in the secondary, 80 yard TD pass to Hartline. Our run defense was pretty stellar throughout the game, played disciplined, controlled gaps it was good.
'
We did not miss Dockett as much as you would think.

We ran playaction four times on offense, all four resulted in first downs, three of them went for 20+ yards. (King 20, Housler 33, Roberts 46T)

Kolb was not responsible for a single one of the sacks he took. We reverted back to the four and five wide sets we saw a lot of last season. Hopefully it looks so ugly on film we do not go back to it. Ever.

Why we did not run the ball more in the first half beggars belief. It was beyond stupid. We were struggling to move the ball in the air, we were moving well on the ground. We we struggling to protect for the pass, we were creating some holes in the ground game. Offensive gameplan stunk in this one. We needed to back Ryan Williams and give him to rock 20 times.

Defensive gameplan was fine. We got pressure. Tannehill just dealt with it very well. More than once we were another split second away from a sack and he got rid of the ball for a good gain.

Big statement here, Ryan Tannehill as a QB has looked the most composed against this defense so far this season. He was calm under pressure made some big time throws, was accurate. His movement in the pocket was what really sold me, he was just so good back there when the heat was coming.

Kevin Kolb made two horrible decisions and throws and was punished for both. On the endzone INT he probably could have beaten the defense to the pylon and had Fitz in perfect position to make a block. Whatever you do there you cannot make the throw Kolb did.

Outside of those he made good decisions. He left the pocket early a couple of times but that was outnumbered by the times he rightfully left the pocket and he even made two very good throws on the run, both for first downs.

His accuracy is still shoddy. He too often will make a receiver break stride to make the catch, cannot allow that. In OT Early Doucet made a big catch for a first down, a more accurate throw there and Doucet has another 10-12 yards after the catch.

Kerry Rhodes had big time running room down the left sideline after his OT INT, needed to take it.

Overall impressions of this one. Not as bad as I thought, Miami played very well, we turned the ball over in bad places and made a couple of big time mental errors that led directly to both Miami TD's. I still have the utmost confidence in our defense.

Offensively I think if we can stay on course and not get into third and long situations we will be OK. We need to make the ground game work. We need to give Williams the ball and let him run it.

A win, is a win is a win, and I will take this, but big props to Miami and especially Tannehill. They are a very good side, would not be surprised to see them come out and really put some hurt on a good team in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Outside of that drive I actually liked our defensive gameplan, ......

Gave up 517 yards. Nothing to like about that.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good breakdown KHodder. The only thing I don't agree with loosely is Kolb made a couple bad throws but the pressure he was under all game forces that and he still came through in the clutch.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do NOT agree with you assessment of the defensive gameplan. Not one bit. The matchups we had outside were horrendous. You say we got pressure, well, who cares? Miami ran a short passing game, pressure means jack in that scenario. If that's what Mimai's doing, pull back and fill the zones. Horton didn;'t do that.

Strongly, strongly disagree with your assessment of the defensive gameplan. Strongly. Horton was completely outcoached by Joe Philbin yesterday, no doubt about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win guys....

That was a hellova rollercoaster ride and honestly I'm a bit queezy after riding two weeks in a row. Seems my Phins are just too young/raw to close out games! Sad

Congrats on 4-0 and the rest of the year!

Glad we both came out as we went in injury wise! Fun, nail-biter of a game with no injuries and good things to look forward to... you all having a great start and us showing marked improvement each week with a young team!

Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 45 of 48

Jump to: