Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turnaround
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
G3RMANATOR


Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 2215
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Turnaround Reply with quote

After the travesty that happened to our beloved Pack, is this the game that sets us into motion for another Superbowl run. Its not like we've played awful our whatever as our defense has stepped up big but this game could really get our guys motivated and focused and get our offense back to check. Discuss and dont troll.
_________________



Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abalow7


Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 272
Location: New Richmond, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be the very best thing to happen to this team.
_________________


Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G3RMANATOR


Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 2215
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abalow7 wrote:
This could be the very best thing to happen to this team.


Thats what I'm saying. We'll see what happens when we play the Saints next week but I expect us to play fierce and with a fire in our hearts.
_________________



Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MUOH


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 3552
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the moral victory stuff.

Offense played like crap in the first half and wasted a great defensive effort. Got a few things going in the second half but failed to capitalize in several critical situations. Never should have come down to that play.

Pack is 1-2 and not playing well on the offensive side of the ball. Crappy call is not going to change that reality.

Got a feeling that I will using the word crap a bunch this week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G3RMANATOR


Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 2215
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUOH wrote:
Screw the moral victory stuff.

Offense played like crap in the first half and wasted a great defensive effort. Got a few things going in the second half but failed to capitalize in several critical situations. Never should have come down to that play.

Pack is 1-2 and not playing well on the offensive side of the ball. Crappy call is not going to change that reality.

Got a feeling that I will using the word crap a bunch this week.


See I disagree. I believe this is a game that will either make or break us this year. We can either react like a bunch of panies and be mad at the NFL or come out next week hungry for blood and dominate the rest of the way forward. I think this game has much more potential than your giving it.
_________________



Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MUOH


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 3552
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
MUOH wrote:
Screw the moral victory stuff.

Offense played like crap in the first half and wasted a great defensive effort. Got a few things going in the second half but failed to capitalize in several critical situations. Never should have come down to that play.

Pack is 1-2 and not playing well on the offensive side of the ball. Crappy call is not going to change that reality.

Got a feeling that I will using the word crap a bunch this week.


See I disagree. I believe this is a game that will either make or break us this year. We can either react like a bunch of panies and be mad at the NFL or come out next week hungry for blood and dominate the rest of the way forward. I think this game has much more potential than your giving it.



11 days to get ready for the game with the knowledge that both Chicago and Minnesota were sitting at 2-1 and they rolled out that level of offense play? Don’t see how the crappy call is all of the sudden going to make Rodgers have better pocket awareness or improved accuracy, improve the offensive line play, get MM’s play calling sorted out, or help with all of the drops. Glad that you have hope and the ability to move this crap toward a positive so quickly after it occurred.

From my perspective 11 days for a group of professionals to get ready for a game that if they win will get then even with two quality teams (SF and NYG) and keep them in contact with 3-0 ATL and AZ is all that it should have taken. Urgency to save the season not getting shafted at the end of the SEA game should drive next week’s effort because another loss puts the season at risk at just the week 4 mark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G3RMANATOR


Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 2215
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUOH wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
MUOH wrote:
Screw the moral victory stuff.

Offense played like crap in the first half and wasted a great defensive effort. Got a few things going in the second half but failed to capitalize in several critical situations. Never should have come down to that play.

Pack is 1-2 and not playing well on the offensive side of the ball. Crappy call is not going to change that reality.

Got a feeling that I will using the word crap a bunch this week.


See I disagree. I believe this is a game that will either make or break us this year. We can either react like a bunch of panies and be mad at the NFL or come out next week hungry for blood and dominate the rest of the way forward. I think this game has much more potential than your giving it.



11 days to get ready for the game with the knowledge that both Chicago and Minnesota were sitting at 2-1 and they rolled out that level of offense play? Don’t see how the crappy call is all of the sudden going to make Rodgers have better pocket awareness or improved accuracy, improve the offensive line play, get MM’s play calling sorted out, or help with all of the drops. Glad that you have hope and the ability to move this crap toward a positive so quickly after it occurred.

From my perspective 11 days for a group of professionals to get ready for a game that if they win will get then even with two quality teams (SF and NYG) and keep them in contact with 3-0 ATL and AZ is all that it should have taken. Urgency to save the season not getting shafted at the end of the SEA game should drive next week’s effort because another loss puts the season at risk at just the week 4 mark.


I'm not saying its a positive if you actually read my post I said its a make or break game for us next week as I believe this is a game we can get all down and mad about or come out swinging from.
_________________



Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abalow7


Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 272
Location: New Richmond, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of football left to be played. It's only week 4- the set backs are just set ups for a comeback.
_________________


Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45844
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the insanity that was the last play, this is reminding me of 2010. Our D is legit and our O is out of sync. We've all witness what happens when they match up. Whose to say we can't/won't do it again?
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4339
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is there isn't a better team in the league when our defense is playing to it's potential and our offense is playing to the potential we all know it has. This game happened at a perfect time as well. We now get to play a team that just lost to KC at home and made Matt Cassel look like a serviceable starter. I expect an inspired game next weekend and optimism to return to where it should be.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WIsportsfan


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 2668
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despise the "never should have come down to that play" line, well no damn kidding, but it did come down to that play and that play cost a team a hard earned win. Nothing more needs to be said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgthekid


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 1446
Location: On the Maryland side of DC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. It never should have come down to that play. Jerron McMillian should have caught that interception and stayed inbounds to give the Packers a legit chance at icing the game away...wait a second, he did? Sam Shields should have covered Sidney Rice on that play and had inside position on that deep pass and kept Rice from catching the ball and flipping field position in favor of the Seahawks...wait a second, he did?

But back to the point of this topic. The Packers are at a crossroads, and it's time for them to take a good look at themselves and decide where they're going to go from here. Are they going to sulk about this game and let it stay in their heads and use this as a built-in excuse as to why they didn't win the division or go to the playoffs like a bunch of losers? Or are they going to man up like professionals, put this behind them and use this as fuel to execute better and take the league by the jingly-bobs again?
_________________

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
General_Bean


Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 1255
Location: Crossroads of CT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to believe in a turnaround, but the first 3 games featured 3 top 10 defenses and our offense hasn't been in sync. Im not sure if its rhythm between Rodgers/WRs or McCarthy just calling cocky pass plays on every play of the game. It showed in the 2nd half that running the ball was the key to beating Seattle and it appeared to be a little too late.

I know Benson isn't exactly a singleback type of runner, but why can't we do some throws in I-form or run with 4 Wide and Benson? Start tricking Defenses because it seems when we're in I-form we run the ball (we did have a few PA's and passes) but no draws in shotgun (a little toss was all i saw).

I think for this team to get back on track its going to go back to running the ball and tiring out the opposing D throughout the game. Rodgers will get his throws in, but teams like SF, Arizona, Seattle, Chicago, NYG are all physical Defenses that'll give us fits. If their offense is even somewhat in sync, it's a long day for GB. We need to be just as physical and tire the pass rush so Rodgers can do his damage.
_________________
Packers fan since 93.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4088
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with part of this. The way the offense played in the second half, they definitely figured some things out. I think they figured out how to play teams that are going to sit in a deep shell and just bust up field. Those dump off in the middle of the field and the run calls were chewing up yards and play clock. If teams want to try to play defense the way the Seahawks did in quarter 1, the Pack now knows the answer to it. The defense is getting very good very quickly.

It will interesting to see how good this unit is once they get Neal and House back and the rest stay healthy. The D gave up one bad play the whole game. Sure deserved that win despite whether you think it should or should not have come down to one last call. That is just a stupid argument. You are where you are in the football game and how you got there does not matter, especially if you make the play that wins the game. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3218
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are winning the Super Bowl this year. I have never been more sure of This then I am this morning.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group