Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turnaround
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty clear what is wrong with the Packers offense ... no ballance at times. When they run the ball it helps set up the pass, and when they don't the defense just pins their ears back, and mauls the wideouts. Perhaps McCarthy has finally seen the light .. we'll see.

They didn't really run the ball against the 49'ers .. Loss. Ran well against the Bears .. Win. Ignored the run for a half against the Seahawks and got smoked, ran it in the second half and had several scoring drives.

The defense has played winning football, as has special teams.

I do think this could be good for the Packers .. might bring them together a bit and help set that "us against the world" chip up on their shoulders. Lets see how they respond against the Saints. The season could be on the brink with a loss in that one.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else feels this way or if this has any merit, but I really think the replacement refs are screwing up rhythmic passing offenses. The amount of times the game is stopped and the amount of time it's stopped for is ridiculous. Look at the Packers, Saints, and Patriots specifically. All three insanely potent offenses are getting whipped this year. And defenses in general are playing much better around the league. Several defensive players have said these refs let them play more physically in coverage as well. Perhaps that's why our pass D is looking much better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's disgusting how no one puts any blame on Rodgers. He hasn't been good, and our offense is 100% reliant on how he plays. So he needs to play good for the 1st time all year, or we need to change the offense.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
It's disgusting how no one puts any blame on Rodgers. He hasn't been good, and our offense is 100% reliant on how he plays. So he needs to play good for the 1st time all year, or we need to change the offense.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the GDT was saying "If we lose, this game is on Rodgers and MM" (obviously before the call).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral

We *did* turnaround. Already.

Second half, we came back from being shut-out to putting up 16 points against a tough and energized D in their super-noisy home.

The problem is, playing good/sound football isn't enough because these refs are nullifying it with their incompetence. It's sort of become luck-of-the-draw with them at this point.

Here's hoping the ball rolls in our favor next week. It's about the most we can hope for.
babybulaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with the "they shouldn't put themselves in that position" is that yeah they didn't play very well, but they played well enough to win that game! They shoulda had the pick by McMillen that woulda sealed the game in all likelihood.

All this about how bad our offense is needs to stop... We have literally started with three of the top five defenses, we will get it together, turn around, and go on a 2010 type run. Another thing going unnoticed is how well our defense is playing!!!!
UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babybulaga wrote:
My problem with the "they shouldn't put themselves in that position" is that yeah they didn't play very well, but they played well enough to win that game! They shoulda had the pick by McMillen that woulda sealed the game in all likelihood.

All this about how bad our offense is needs to stop... We have literally started with three of the top five defenses, we will get it together, turn around, and go on a 2010 type run. Another thing going unnoticed is how well our defense is playing!!!!

McMillens pick had us in field goal range and with a possible TD that would have sealed the game. Well now time to turnaround to New Orleans and get the victory, followed by what should be an easy one vs the Colts. Heading into Houston 3-2 with a big statement game for our team with a win their.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
Yeah, he's been very mediocre this season. He's been off the mark a bit on his throws, and last night had a bad case of holding the ball too long. He also sailed one to Driver that could have given the Packers a decent cushion late in the game.

I think a major problem is that two of the three defenses we've played contain perhaps the best secondaries in the NFL. The 49'ers and Seahawks are physical, and our wideouts can't seem to find much space to operate down the field.

We've got some sort defenses on the horizon and I'd be surprised if the Packers offense doesn't find a good rhythm very soon. Still though, got to run the ball.
yupyup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
yupyup wrote:
Yeah, he's been very mediocre this season. He's been off the mark a bit on his throws, and last night had a bad case of holding the ball too long. He also sailed one to Driver that could have given the Packers a decent cushion late in the game.

I think a major problem is that two of the three defenses we've played contain perhaps the best secondaries in the NFL. The 49'ers and Seahawks are physical, and our wideouts can't seem to find much space to operate down the field.

We've got some sort defenses on the horizon and I'd be surprised if the Packers offense doesn't find a good rhythm very soon. Still though, got to run the ball.

I know the offense isn't perfect but I think it's fair to expect a lot more then what we've gotten out of 'the best player in the NFL', no matter what defenses we have faced.

yupyup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Ignore, double post.

Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
I don't know if anyone else feels this way or if this has any merit, but I really think the replacement refs are screwing up rhythmic passing offenses. The amount of times the game is stopped and the amount of time it's stopped for is ridiculous. Look at the Packers, Saints, and Patriots specifically. All three insanely potent offenses are getting whipped this year. And defenses in general are playing much better around the league. Several defensive players have said these refs let them play more physically in coverage as well. Perhaps that's why our pass D is looking much better.

Yes I agree 100%. Refs are slow and throw holding calls to kill offensive drives. Look at the teams that are doing run the football and play good defense. Teams are getting away with "good" play at corner which in reality is defensive holding yet for some reason it is not called, it was called all of last year. The NFL has/is a passing league, the refs are, just like everything else, screwing that up. Playing more physically in coverage is great if it is legal, which a lot of play against us has not been.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
yupyup wrote:

I know the offense isn't perfect but I think it's fair to expect a lot more then what we've gotten out of 'the best player in the NFL', no matter what defenses we have faced.

Agreed, not to mention if/when we see these teams in the playoffs then what? if our WR's can break open, its another one and done.
ccecilnosebleed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone think that Clements moving from QB Coach to OC is having a bigger impact than maybe we might have thought?

It occurred to me last night that there seem to be fundamental things that Rodgers is weak on this year that weren't issues last year- and perhaps Clements is a better QB guy than he is a game planner and play caller?
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccecilnosebleed wrote:
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone think that Clements moving from QB Coach to OC is having a bigger impact than maybe we might have thought?

It occurred to me last night that there seem to be fundamental things that Rodgers is weak on this year that weren't issues last year- and perhaps Clements is a better QB guy than he is a game planner and play caller?

Not sure that's an issue, whoever tied up Bryan Bulaga in a closet in Green Bay and left us with Allen Barbre at RT is causing more of the issues for A-Rod.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
ccecilnosebleed wrote:

Not sure that's an issue, whoever tied up Bryan Bulaga in a closet in Green Bay and left us with Allen Barbre at RT is causing more of the issues for A-Rod.

lolz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: