Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins (1-2) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
If not for Mike Williams, we had no shot at that last field goal attempt. Don't start about that last drive.

You also don't factor in that RG III is very good, despite crying like a little girl about taking a hit outside the pocket. Defense was on the field for too long.

And EJ dropped a gimme INT too. So?

And I'm not downplaying how good RGIII is. But our defense was horrible against the run. We missed sooooo many tackles. And we played the same defense on that last drive that lost us the game against the Giants.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Note:
This is the first game since 1996 where the Bucs have had 2 receivers go for over 100 yards receiving.

I find that to be pretty interesting how Rah still will have a job come Monday

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
Interesting Note:
This is the first game since 1996 where the Bucs have had 2 receivers go for over 100 yards receiving.

I find that to be pretty interesting how Rah still will have a job come Monday

'Cause Washington won. A win erases all bad. You catch hell watching tape and work to improve, but you aren't often replaced. Look at Cundiff. I doubt he's shown the door.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't think we know who this team is, but I do think we are a good team. We are still inconsistent, in more than just one phase, but I think those kinks will be ironed out as time goes on. We still haven't played a full four quarters yet.

As far as Freeman goes.... there's still a lot to know about him. Outside of the Cowboys game - where he was putrid, he's shown a lot of good things but still room to improve. That first half can't happen. He started off 8-9 but he started missing some throws. His confidence/poise impressed me and I thought he was a lot better in the pocket this week compared to last. Those deep balls were beauties, his TD throw and redzone throw to VJax were key, and recovering that snap was and getting the ball to Underwood saved us. The first half and second half were night and day. But that is the issue, the inconsistency can't continue to happen. There's still a lot more to see, and the jury is still out.

McCoy is a beast, I thought Biggers helped us today, and I'm loving our rookies. Sheridan screwed up to end the game, terrible play calling (but those saying to fire him or those saying to play Dan O, are overreating extremely). RG3 was checking down for big gains.

Our slow start, and playcalling to end the game (offensively/defensively) hurt us. We are getting there, but there's still a lot to work on. On the bright side today.......... Sully called a better game, we have been in all the games, Freeman rebounded strongly in the second half. On the downside Freeman started slow, Sheridan called a bad game, and we did not finish. We still have a lot to figure out about our players and coaches, but I do like our direction.

Need to murder the Chiefs in two weeks.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I still don't think we know who this team is, but I do think we are a good team. We are still inconsistent, in more than just one phase, but I think those kinks will be ironed out as time goes on. We still haven't played a full four quarters yet.

As far as Freeman goes.... there's still a lot to know about him. Outside of the Cowboys game - where he was putrid, he's shown a lot of good things but still room to improve. That first half can't happen. He started off 8-9 but he started missing some throws. His confidence/poise impressed me and I thought he was a lot better in the pocket this week compared to last. Those deep balls were beauties, his TD throw and redzone throw to VJax were key, and recovering that snap was and getting the ball to Underwood saved us. The first half and second half were night and day. But that is the issue, the inconsistency can't continue to happen. There's still a lot more to see, and the jury is still out.

McCoy is a beast, I thought Biggers helped us today, and I'm loving our rookies. Sheridan screwed up to end the game, terrible play calling (but those saying to fire him or those saying to play Dan O, are overreating extremely). RG3 was checking down for big gains.

Our slow start, and playcalling to end the game (offensively/defensively) hurt us. We are getting there, but there's still a lot to work on. On the bright side today.......... Sully called a better game, we have been in all the games, Freeman rebounded strongly in the second half. On the downside Freeman started slow, Sheridan called a bad game, and we did not finish. We still have a lot to figure out about our players and coaches, but I do like our direction.

If we don't decimate the Chiefs, I think we have a problem.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:

The same could be said about the game we just played. Hell, we should be 4-0. We better use the bye wisely.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

That game is going to be key for Free and our offense, they need to have a big day.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

The same could be said about the game we just played. Hell, we should be 4-0. We better use the bye wisely.

Yeah, didn't we just say that about our offense for this game against the redskins defense.... we have a problem...
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Yeah, didn't we just say that about our offense for this game against the redskins defense.... we have a problem...

Maybe so. But that 2nd-half was promising, so I'll continue to reserve judgement for another 2 weeks.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Maybe so. But that 2nd-half was promising, so I'll continue to reserve judgement for another 2 weeks.

That's the problem though. We seem to be showing just enough every week to be able to reserve judgement.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

That's the problem though. We seem to be showing just enough every week to be able to reserve judgement.

Well let me put it like this, if the season ended today I'd want a new QB. But the season isn't ending today, so let's see how it plays out for just a little longer. It's only week 4.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Well let me put it like this, if the season ended today I'd want a new QB. But the season isn't ending today, so let's see how it plays out for just a little longer. It's only week 4.

I can agree with that. There isn't a facet of this team that hasn't shown we can compete. We've just failed to put it ALL together for 60 minutes.

Well. Maybe our secondary. But even then, we've gotten to the QB and forced turnovers.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
To all who have "Fire Sheridan" Comments, please just don't post anything. Like really? Did you not see Captain 3 and Out running our Offense? It's clearly the QB. Putting the defense in HORRIBLE position again.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously? He's right.

Really? So no blame goes to the defense? Or the stupid penalties on special teams? None at all? Only Freeman deserves blame? Is that what you're saying?

Of course not, but we were all clamoring for Orlovsky at the half. You don't think if Freeman puts together a better game that this isn't a win? That if we aren't punting nonstop and giving them the ball inside the 40 due to a terrible INT that the defense isn't better off for it?

The defense played ok. Not great, but not nearly as bad as they could have been. If Freeman looks like a starting NFL QB for 4 quarters this is a win. You can blame it on the defense if you like, but there was bound to be a game they didn't have 2+ takeaways.

Most of the blame goes to Freeman IMO.

Freeman certainly didn't play a great 60 minutes, but to only blame him? Seriously? What about the special teams penalties that pinned us inside the 15, only for our offense to get a couple first downs and flip the field position? How 'bout all the missed tackles? What about the two FGs Cundiff should have made? And then there's the last drive...

Free is not the ONLY reason we lost to the 'Skins.

I said most of the blame, not all of it. But a solid 60-75% of the blame is on Freeman. He has a defense that is functional. He has a running game and receivers. He played a terrible defense and STILL came up short. If Orlovsky had started the second half I would have been ecstatic.

I can only hope that this game sparks some change in the playcalling, because we did see more downfield passes and shotgun in the 2nd half. They have 2 weeks to work on the offense. If they don't have it together by then, I'm off the Freeman bandwagon.

I want to see Freeman play well when it isn't a do or die situation, too. We haven't seen that since 2010.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Good game guys. Thought you guys were gonna pull it out (and said so in the GD thread in the 'Skins forum). Good luck the rest of the way.

I've been doing this all year after each game and am trying to get an opponent's fans viewpoint on RG3.

What were your impressions of him?

sure he's good but a whiney little (explicit deleted).. and I HATE him for that... If he didn't whine and cry about every hit he takes and any penalty he thinks he witnessed I wouldn't have anything against him
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

I can agree with that. There isn't a facet of this team that hasn't shown we can compete. We've just failed to put it ALL together for 60 minutes.

Well. Maybe our secondary. But even then, we've gotten to the QB and forced turnovers.

I agree to wait till the seasons over to judge, but as of now, we do have problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: