Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins (1-2) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Washington Redskins (1-2) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2) Reply with quote

@

Kickoff: 4:25pm EST

Man, oh man. Our offense has beed dreadful. To say Freeman is struggling wouldn't be an accurate statement. He's been abysmal the last two weeks. The playcalling that almost allowed Carolina to come back week one hasn't changed, and it's showing. We can't move the ball. We failed to move the ball against Carolina and Dallas, and struggled against the Giants. Here's a quick look at our truly offensive numbers:

243.7 Total yards per game (32nd)
149.0 Pass yards per game (30th)
92.7 Rush yards per game (20th)
20.0 Points per game (20th)

Puke. Fortunately, we face one of the worst defenses in the league. Only we are worse against the pass. Their run defense, however, ain't too bad. They've lost their best defender (Orakpo) for the season. If we don't move the ball this week, I'll give up all hope. Here's how their defense has done:

429.3 Yards per game (30th)
337.3 Pass yards per game (30th)
92.0 Rush yards per game (9th)
33.7 Points per game (23rd)

Meanwhile, RGIII seems to be exactly what Washington needed. He's completing over 67% of his passes and he's only thrown one interception. He's also got over 200 yards on the ground, averaging 6.5 yards a clip. He's got three touchdowns. They move the ball. They score points. A LOT of points. Here's a look at their numbers:

404.3 Total yards per game (6th)
223.7 Pass yards per game (21st)
180.7 Rush yards per game (2nd)
33 Points per game (1st)

We've got the best run defense in the league. We've been completely dominant. Schiano's toughness is shown on the field. We attack. We've been very good with gap control. So many times I've seen opposing RBs try to reverse field and get buried behind the line of scrimmage. Our pass defense, or attempt at defending the pass is nonexistent. We let Eli set a career high with 510 yards. Romo was about five dropped passes from 350+ yards. Newton threw for over 300 against us. Here's a look at our yin and yang defensive stats:

400.7 Total yards per game (26th)
353.3 Pass yards per game (32nd)
47.3 Rush yards per game (1st)
22.3 Points per game (13th)

Keys to the game:

1. Continue our dominance against the run. Washington runs the ball at will. This will prove if we're for real. We MUST shut down the run.

2. RGIII averages less than 225 passing yards per game. We need to hold him at his average. Despite his success, he's still a rookie. We need another dominant performance from both McCoy and Bennett. Our secondary needs to realize that football is played on Sundays.

3. MOVE THE DAMN BALL OFFENSIVELY! Enough of this run, playaction incompletion, check down, punt bull-. Mix it up. Free needs to do something different. The playcalling needs to change. Guys need to catch the damn ball. The crap we do doesn't work. We need to change that if we want to win.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa winning would be exceptional.

Better OL
Better running game
Better QB
Better WR's
Better front seven

Make it happen. Thanks!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need this one. Simple as that.

LB play is going to be HUGE this week. RGIII can create big plays on the move. Containment and tackling will be incredibly important this week. I'd let Lavonte David QB spy all game long.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If their defense is as bad as the stats indicate and we can actually move the ball, I think we should win this game if we make changes. But if we don't, and we don't get the takeaways which is bound to happen some game, we could lose a 3rd straight.

Going into the bye 2-2 would be nice.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can contain RG3 much the same way we contained Newton

If we do so and we actually have more than 30 passing yards before the end of the 4th quarter then we should win

But I'm not getting my hopes up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is going to be a very tough game. I have watched the skins and mainly RG3 (I own him on a few different fantasy teams). This guy doesn't seem to get rattled. Garcon is questionable but the deep threat is still there. Hankerson and Robinson have been able to beat their guys deep on playaction. Davis and Moss working the short/intermediate routes is going to be a challange for us. We should be able to contain him and their run game, it's through the air that I am worried about.

If our offense is going to get on track, this is the game to do it. Through 3 games they are ranked 30th in total defense. With Kerrigan and Orakpo out Free should have a ton of time to scan the field. We "should" be able to attack them through the air. Jackson is to big for any of their db's.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a game where McCoy and our defensive line need to be dominant, it's this one. They like to run the option. We need to remain aggressive and hit RGIII every play we can. Make him not want to run. If we can do that, I can see Ronde getting another interception.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to see us get over 200 yards of offense for the day, very sad and low expectation but its what I want..
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I think this is going to be a very tough game. I have watched the skins and mainly RG3 (I own him on a few different fantasy teams). This guy doesn't seem to get rattled. Garcon is questionable but the deep threat is still there. Hankerson and Robinson have been able to beat their guys deep on playaction. Davis and Moss working the short/intermediate routes is going to be a challange for us. We should be able to contain him and their run game, it's through the air that I am worried about.

If our offense is going to get on track, this is the game to do it. Through 3 games they are ranked 30th in total defense. With Kerrigan and Orakpo out Free should have a ton of time to scan the field. We "should" be able to attack them through the air. Jackson is to big for any of their db's.

Carrikers out,not Kerrigan. Wink

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
I just want to see us get over 200 yards of offense for the day, very sad and low expectation but its what I want..

+1

The Redskins O-Line might be one of the lower O-Lines in the NFL, so even without Clayborn I expect us to get pressure in the backfield. I am just hoping that Lavonte and Qunicy are ready to play contain to limit RG3 from breaking out into big runs and to limit the screen passes. It is also up to our secondary to prevent the deep ball, as the screens are used to set up the deep routes.

On Offense Penn should be thanking the man upstairs that Orakapo is done and won't play this game, but Dotson will have a busy day ahead of him with Kerrigan. This secondary is almost as depleted as the Giants so I hope that we have spent time getting the timing down between Freeman and VJax (i.e. the 3rd quarter pass where Freeman was looking for the dig route and Jackson ran the in route). Also as we have been beating to a pulp, if he sees nothing go back to tucking and running. Hell even Eli will tuck and run from time to time. On offense why not throw a toss as opposed to a stretch run so that martin can get to the outside quicker.

Overall lets go Bucs lets go 2-0 in Home games after 4 O'Clock (who would have thought)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Carrikers out,not Kerrigan. Wink

Oh no sht. Good for you bad for us Very Happy

A buddy was at my place said Kerrigan was out, told him I saw what happened to Orakpo but not Kerrigan. Will look into it myself next time so I don't post and look like a fool Embarassed

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with Josh Freeman and he said he expects to have a career day Sunday. The game-plan consists of him throwing for over 350+ yards with 4 tds.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 is little pansy and I'm sure we exploit that.. already complaining about cheap shots in his 2nd game in the NFL, smh... I hope we get after him hard and scare the daylights out of him

Another note, if we don't put up some yards and points on offense in THIS game, we have no hope, and I want Dan orlovsky in
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. I've decided. You guys failed me on week two. As a result you all owe me now. And I am calling in your debt. Win this game.

The Perks of doing as I am commanding:

- Go on a winning streak into the bye
- Less threads about gloom and despair
- More threads about glory and conquest
- Outlaw7 is pleased
- You won't have a losing record.

The price of failure:

- So awful I don't even want to consider it. So invoke the late Mr. Davis and just win baby.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

- Outlaw7 is pleased

That is enough for me. Go Bucs!
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: