Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?

Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.

Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:

What did he do?

Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.

Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.

Do we know this for sure? Is there an article or quote or something?

DJC71 wrote:
That's like asking if I'd still buy my ex-wife flowers on our anniversary after she left me for another dude. Heck no. I hope she gets bedbugs.
Silver Bullet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:

What did he do?

I've noticed this too. I never see him on the sidelines and don't recall his injury being that serious to the point he needed to be put on IR. This kinda sucks... but if he's really trying to be a diva then yeah, he's gotta go.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMac79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

Yes. Multiple media guys have said this.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMac79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:

What did he do?

I don't know but I'm sure we would have seen him at least once if he was there.

Also, not a viable source but he hasn't posted anything Viking related on his Twitter page since the injury. He used to update his twitter with several post after every game. Nothing since the Seattle game.

Last edited by Lil Uno on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
JMac79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

Yes. Multiple media guys have said this.

Harvin's in Florida.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is uncommon for players on IR to not be on the sidelines. Adrian Clayborn tore his knee up earlier this season and doesn't go to games (he tweets while the Bucs are playing).

It was reported that they sent him home rather than have him rehab at Winter Park, that is the strange thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
I don't think it is uncommon for players on IR to not be on the sidelines. Adrian Clayborn tore his knee up earlier this season and doesn't go to games (he tweets while the Bucs are playing).

It was reported that they sent him home rather than have him rehab at Winter Park, that is the strange thing.

He wasn't there the weeks leading up to him being put on IR though. It was reported that he didn't even make the trips to Chicago or Green Bay.

Being sent home is interesting though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me... regardless of whether Harvin asked not to be with the team while recuperating or the team didn't want him to be, speaks volumes.

Webmaster wrote:
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering how well the team has played since Percy has been out, is it just a coincidence or is there merit to the thought that Ponder and/or the offense is better off without Harvin?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
considering how well the team has played since Percy has been out, is it just a coincidence or is there merit to the thought that Ponder and/or the offense is better off without Harvin?

that's the biiiig question alright.

that, and WHY did we play better? was it because it forced Musgrave to move the ball around more? or was it because of an uptick in team attitude and focus?

Think

Webmaster wrote:
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really didn't played better the whole time Percy was out, just the last 4 games. Anyway, I have a hard time believing our offense is better without our 2nd best player. At most I'd say Percy sitting out was good for Ponder's development because it allowed him to spread the ball more but we'd still be better off if he came back.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
We really didn't played better the whole time Percy was out, just the last 4 games. Anyway, I have a hard time believing our offense is better without our 2nd best player. At most I'd say Percy sitting out was good for Ponder's development because it allowed him to spread the ball more but we'd still be better off if he came back.

I agree with this, I think Percy being out did two things.

It made Ponder spread the ball around more and figure out how to throw WR's open instead of dumping it off to Harvin short w hen he was open, and I think we saw the growing pains with that.

Secondly I think it made Musgrave into a better offensive coordinator, in that he had to adapt what was basically a two part offense, run Peterson, and fake run to Peterson and flip it out to Harvin, which teams were starting to slow down.

When/If Harvin comes back next season it will be interesting to see for Musgrave more so than Ponder if he can keep the playbook wider open and diversified than it was with Harvin in there.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:

I think it helps in the sense that we don't need to feed him the ball, and we've allowed Adrian to be our feature guy.

Sure Ponder had his ups and downs, but once Jarius Wright emerged, things started to click for us.

With all that we've had to go through just to make Percy happy/healthy, I don't think its worth paying him big bucks to stick around. He's not a downfield threat whatsoever, and he's best used as a RB, extended RB (bubble screen player) or Kick Returner. If he does play WR, he should only be played in the slot.

I like Harvin, but I think we've seen the last him wearing Vikings purple.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
We really didn't played better the whole time Percy was out, just the last 4 games.

I disagree.

The Chicago game was our only terrible performance, but that was largely because of the early turnover by Adrian.

At Lambeau the first time, we had a winning gameplan. If Ponder doesn't throw those two picks, we win.

Those aren't schematical issues or talent issues. Those were mental breakdowns that cost us the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36

Jump to: