Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7168
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?


Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.


Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMac79


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 2538
Location: St. Anthony, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?


Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.


Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.


Do we know this for sure? Is there an article or quote or something?
_________________

DJC71 wrote:
That's like asking if I'd still buy my ex-wife flowers on our anniversary after she left me for another dude. Heck no. I hope she gets bedbugs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver Bullet


Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 937
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?


Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.


Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.


I've noticed this too. I never see him on the sidelines and don't recall his injury being that serious to the point he needed to be put on IR. This kinda sucks... but if he's really trying to be a diva then yeah, he's gotta go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 5654
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMac79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.


Do we know this for sure? Is there an article or quote or something?

Yes. Multiple media guys have said this.
_________________
Klomp wrote:
Today, I will guarantee you that 3 QBs will NOT be the first 3 picks of the 2014 NFL Draft, nor will there be 3 QBs taken in the Top 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7168
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMac79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?


Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.


Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.


Do we know this for sure? Is there an article or quote or something?


I don't know but I'm sure we would have seen him at least once if he was there.

Also, not a viable source but he hasn't posted anything Viking related on his Twitter page since the injury. He used to update his twitter with several post after every game. Nothing since the Seattle game.
_________________


Last edited by Lil Uno on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 71383
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
JMac79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Pretty much this. With the most telling being put on I.R. after the spat with Frazier while we were still fighting for a playoff spot. He also hasn't been on the sidelines since.

Do we know this for sure? Is there an article or quote or something?

Yes. Multiple media guys have said this.

Harvin's in Florida.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arKnaD7


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 1877
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is uncommon for players on IR to not be on the sidelines. Adrian Clayborn tore his knee up earlier this season and doesn't go to games (he tweets while the Bucs are playing).

It was reported that they sent him home rather than have him rehab at Winter Park, that is the strange thing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7168
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
I don't think it is uncommon for players on IR to not be on the sidelines. Adrian Clayborn tore his knee up earlier this season and doesn't go to games (he tweets while the Bucs are playing).

It was reported that they sent him home rather than have him rehab at Winter Park, that is the strange thing.


He wasn't there the weeks leading up to him being put on IR though. It was reported that he didn't even make the trips to Chicago or Green Bay.

Being sent home is interesting though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 71383
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me... regardless of whether Harvin asked not to be with the team while recuperating or the team didn't want him to be, speaks volumes.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
[UMN]


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 13303
Location: Desolation Row
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering how well the team has played since Percy has been out, is it just a coincidence or is there merit to the thought that Ponder and/or the offense is better off without Harvin?
_________________
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn,
Plays wasted words, proves to warn,
That he not busy being born is busy dying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 71383
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
considering how well the team has played since Percy has been out, is it just a coincidence or is there merit to the thought that Ponder and/or the offense is better off without Harvin?

that's the biiiig question alright.

that, and WHY did we play better? was it because it forced Musgrave to move the ball around more? or was it because of an uptick in team attitude and focus?

Think
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Worm Guts


Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 818
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really didn't played better the whole time Percy was out, just the last 4 games. Anyway, I have a hard time believing our offense is better without our 2nd best player. At most I'd say Percy sitting out was good for Ponder's development because it allowed him to spread the ball more but we'd still be better off if he came back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 35340
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
We really didn't played better the whole time Percy was out, just the last 4 games. Anyway, I have a hard time believing our offense is better without our 2nd best player. At most I'd say Percy sitting out was good for Ponder's development because it allowed him to spread the ball more but we'd still be better off if he came back.


I agree with this, I think Percy being out did two things.

It made Ponder spread the ball around more and figure out how to throw WR's open instead of dumping it off to Harvin short w hen he was open, and I think we saw the growing pains with that.

Secondly I think it made Musgrave into a better offensive coordinator, in that he had to adapt what was basically a two part offense, run Peterson, and fake run to Peterson and flip it out to Harvin, which teams were starting to slow down.

When/If Harvin comes back next season it will be interesting to see for Musgrave more so than Ponder if he can keep the playbook wider open and diversified than it was with Harvin in there.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13292
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
considering how well the team has played since Percy has been out, is it just a coincidence or is there merit to the thought that Ponder and/or the offense is better off without Harvin?


I think it helps in the sense that we don't need to feed him the ball, and we've allowed Adrian to be our feature guy.

Sure Ponder had his ups and downs, but once Jarius Wright emerged, things started to click for us.

With all that we've had to go through just to make Percy happy/healthy, I don't think its worth paying him big bucks to stick around. He's not a downfield threat whatsoever, and he's best used as a RB, extended RB (bubble screen player) or Kick Returner. If he does play WR, he should only be played in the slot.

I like Harvin, but I think we've seen the last him wearing Vikings purple.
_________________

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 5654
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
We really didn't played better the whole time Percy was out, just the last 4 games.


I disagree.

The Chicago game was our only terrible performance, but that was largely because of the early turnover by Adrian.

At Lambeau the first time, we had a winning gameplan. If Ponder doesn't throw those two picks, we win.

Those aren't schematical issues or talent issues. Those were mental breakdowns that cost us the game.
_________________
Klomp wrote:
Today, I will guarantee you that 3 QBs will NOT be the first 3 picks of the 2014 NFL Draft, nor will there be 3 QBs taken in the Top 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group