Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm not so sure on Jennings now. He clearly does his best work in the slot, and I don't think we need an upgrade there.

I don't know how the Packers could let him go after the game he just had.

Nelson, Cobbs, Jones......eh it would be a bit of a risk.

Rumors surrounding Finley and Jennings. Old man Donald Driver likely retiring.

For a team that relies so heavily on the passing game I believe I would keep Jennings, replace Finley, and focus on that secondary.

The Packers consistently do a great job finding quality receivers in the 2nd and 3rd round. they will be fine. I think Nelson, Cobb and Jones are a good trio as it is, they can get a 2nd or 3rd rd receiver rather than overspend for Jennings and be just fine.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Freakout wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm not so sure on Jennings now. He clearly does his best work in the slot, and I don't think we need an upgrade there.

I don't know how the Packers could let him go after the game he just had.

Nelson, Cobbs, Jones......eh it would be a bit of a risk.

Rumors surrounding Finley and Jennings. Old man Donald Driver likely retiring.

For a team that relies so heavily on the passing game I believe I would keep Jennings, replace Finley, and focus on that secondary.

The Packers consistently do a great job finding quality receivers in the 2nd and 3rd round. they will be fine. I think Nelson, Cobb and Jones are a good trio as it is, they can get a 2nd or 3rd rd receiver rather than overspend for Jennings and be just fine.

Having an elite quarterback makes it very easy to let a guy like Jennings go through free agency.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Right, and its the same reason why teams with great QBs rarely go out on the free agent market and add a top free agent WR.

It simply doesnt make sense, an established great QB should make everyone around him better. Just the nature of the position.

The Packers would be foolish to pay Jennings market value considering what they have and there success at finding WRs.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the offense has been playing, I'm starting to wonder if trying to appease Harvin was hindering what Musgrave wants to do. I wonder if giving the contract that Harvin wants to someone like Bowe or Jennings, plus adding a receiver like Patterson or Williams in the draft would be better for the cohesion of the team.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
^ Right, and its the same reason why teams with great QBs rarely go out on the free agent market and add a top free agent WR.

It simply doesnt make sense, an established great QB should make everyone around him better. Just the nature of the position.

The Packers would be foolish to pay Jennings market value considering what they have and there success at finding WRs.

Oh I don't think they'll resign him but maybe franchise tag him to keep him around while developing his replacement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Oh I don't think they'll resign him but maybe franchise tag him to keep him around while developing his replacement.

The franchise tag is rather pricey for a WR, might be hard to do but i am no expect to there cap situation.

I do know that the Packers need to think about extending players like Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, Nelson (he signed a cheap deal recently and broke out).
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Percy, use the money on a CB or WR, draft whichever of this two you so not sign early. The team may not be as exciting, but would you trade Percy for Jennings or Bowe and a second? With Wright, I would.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Harvin would have a devastating impact on the return game though, Harvin is phenomenal there.

Sherels and Robinson simply dont look that good as kick returners.Wright hasnt shown anything either.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Trade Percy, use the money on a CB or WR, draft whichever of this two you so not sign early. The team may not be as exciting, but would you trade Percy for Jennings or Bowe and a second? With Wright, I would.

How about we actually see if another WR or CB (highly skilled one) would want to play here first. Based on that, then things can be better evaluated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three or four kick returns, or 40 plus offensive plays, of which 8 or 10 are plays to a decent wide receiver? Agreed, they lose in the return game, but I would rather have a good wide receiver. I just think if you can sign a wide receiver as good, and trade Harvin for a pick that is likely a starter, that is better than just signing Harvin.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Sherels has acquitted himself quite well on returns. He's best suited as a punt returner, but he did a fair job in the kickoff return game today.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

That's one of the things I gathered from today as well, so I'd probably stay away as well.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are teams out there craving for a player like Harvin and we could get a decent return for him. He's special, in every sense of the word.

I still see it as the best if we could keep him and he completely buys into it.

It's certainly the most important thing for Spielman to sort out in the offseason.
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
So I haven't been following the whole Percy situation.

Why are so many of you guys saying Harvin is going to get traded?

What did he do?

Not anyone thing specifically, just the culmination of various things throughout his career.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 24 of 36

Jump to: