Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:
King Carl isn't in KC anymore. Anyway, I can't see Pioli moving Bowe for anything less than at least a 2nd rd pick.

Not really worth it, to be honest. Especially considering your going to have to pay Bowe 4-5 yrs for $45+ million.

And that would lead to the end of the Percy Harvin era. Full circle!

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's impressed you the most this season with the evolution of Percy Harvin as a player?

Frazier: "He's stepping back and seeing a bigger picture where it's not just about "me" anymore, it's about winning in this league. Because when you win, all those accolades and dreams and goals you have will come. But when you're on a losing team even with big numbers, it's never any fun. So he's gotten to that point now where being a good teammate and winning has become more important than the personal goals."

Obviously that episode in Seattle where he was animated on the sideline and barking in your ear was well-publicized. I'm sure behind the scenes, you discussed with him the manner in which that was handled, right?

Frazier: "No question. He and I did talk about it. Percy's a competitive guy like so many of our guys. And he's not the only guy who wants to vent and speak out about a situation. But other guys find the right forum. So that's what we talked about. And he understands that. Which is another sign of his growing up. He said, "Ya know what? You're right. I need to handle that differently going forward."

"When you've been through this as a player and a coach, I've been blessed to be around some very competitive people. And you know it's well-intentioned. I know it's not going to look good publicly. I know people will look at it and judge it. But what's most important is I know the person, I know his heart, I know what he stands for. That's all that really matters to me. And whatever way people judge it, we have to deal with it."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/179813981.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Percy Harvin will try to practice again on Wednesday, continuing his push to return from an injury more significant than many realized.

The Minnesota Vikings' top receiver suffered a Grade 3 sprain of his left ankle on Nov. 4 at Seattle, according to a source with knowledge of the injury. That diagnosis means a complete ligament tear that can take four to six weeks to completely heal.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Percy_Harvin_had_full_ligament_tear_will_try_to_practice_Wednesday120412

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^He's in the 5th week of that timetable now. I personally would not mind shutting him down for the rest of the season. He's the lone elite playmaker on this offense outside of Adrian Peterson. I'd rather protect him for the future. If he's healthy and wants to go (and knowing him, he will be chomping at the bit to return and play well), I'm alright with playing him, too. It's just critical that we have him for the long term.

Peppers90 on the sig.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22130070/minnesota-vikings-percy-harvins-status-rest-season-doubt

Not looking good for ol Percy. Sure hope that he that he somehow can pull it out!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not shut him down for the year, but I would sit him for another week. As long as there is a chance for playoffs, you cant shut him down yet. Not saying there is a great shot at playoffs, but the coaching staff will not packing it in just yet...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WR Percy Harvin (ankle) has been placed on the Reserve/Injured list.

https://twitter.com/VikingsFootball/status/276471145484673024

I think I speak for all Vikings fans by saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
Quote:

Disappointing, but hope he comes back strong next season and inks himself a fair extension with the Vikings this offseasaon...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
Quote:

That is a shame. This really puts the Vikings and Havin in a tough spot for contract negotiations. I dont think Harvin has quite proven that he deserves a long-term deal, he hasnt really shown true down field receiver skills so I would be weary to pay him. Especially if he cant finish the year and end things positively.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Vikings have seen enough form him this season to know that he is a critical part of their future. What do you think the team will do now? Do you think that they will try and sign a veteran receiver to help make a post season push, because we have seen in the last 2 weeks this receivers wont get us there
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
I think the Vikings have seen enough form him this season to know that he is a critical part of their future. What do you think the team will do now? Do you think that they will try and sign a veteran receiver to help make a post season push, because we have seen in the last 2 weeks this receivers wont get us there

Harvin is no doubt a critical piece for the future. But what is his value. He doesnt deserve #1 WR money but I think the Vikings will be forced to pay up.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:

Harvin is no doubt a critical piece for the future. But what is his value. He doesnt deserve #1 WR money but I think the Vikings will be forced to pay up.

Sorry, in your first post i thought you were just meaning a long term deal. Yeah i agree with you as far as him maybe not deserving #1 receiver money now, but i think it's worth the risk
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you read this, warning, it's going to get ugly!!!

Ok, let me first start off by saying this. I knew this was coming. I knew the way we were playing Harvin until he was blue in the face, that a season ending or season crippling injury would occur.

I have never in my life as a Viking's fan, wanted to rip two people out of Winter Park more then I do now. Those two guys? Leslie Fraizer and Rick Spielman. I'm officially done with their "expirement." So to speak.

They did nothing to address the WR position in the offseason after we came off a year in which our group of players were ABNORMALLY bad. I freaked out in the draft thread as we passed on WR after WR only to draft a WR made of Glass and another guy who can't see the field for more then 3 snaps a game.

Everyone preached patience and I began to drink the kool-aid. But after seeing a team like Seattle, led by a ROOKIE QB the way they are, I can't stomach another season of these two guys running the show. We are witnessing teams like the Colts, Dolphins, and the Bucs compete with rookie head coaches and even rookie QBs. (Miami and Indy)

Does this slow and steady approach just grind anybody's gears like mine? I'm watching the greatest RB of all time give 110% for NOTHING.

Fire Fraizer and Spielman. Open up your check book and never look back.

Thank you Fraizer and co for riding Percy out like Cadillac Williams.

Last edited by Frank Costello on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
[UMN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some whisperings around the TC media that there is more involved here than just the ankle injury (malcontent with the coaches, Ponder, contract, offense, etc).

Basically one of the reporters directly asked Frazier if Percy was sitting out for any other reason than the ankle and Frazier just danced around the question and didn't say no.

Nothing more than rumors based on Frazier's press conference but still odd.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hate for the Vikings to overpay Harvin for the sake of not having another legitimate wide receiver or so they don't tick off the fan base. People may not agree but if the team is unable to reach a contract this off-season I think they should consider trading him. Hate to see him walk after next season and the.Vikings left with.nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 6 of 36

Jump to: