Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 36231
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:


slippery little sucker, isn't he?

dreadful "tackling" too, i do recognize that.


Should put pinball wizard in the background of that video.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74414
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish this sentence: Percy Harvin is the most versatile and dangerous offensive player since ...

Frazier: "Gale Sayers and Terry Metcalf. Those two guys were dynamic with the ball in their hands. And I don't know anybody else other than Percy that makes me think about those two guys." (Sayers played with the Chicago Bears from 1965-71. Metcalf was with the St. Louis Cardinals from 1973-77 and, after three seasons in the CFL, he was with the Washington Redskins in 1981.)


Maybe LaDainian Tomlinson in his prime?

Frazier: "He didn't have the special-team capabilities. He didn't have the kickoff and punt return capabilities. But Sayers and Metcalf, they were so multi-dimensional. They could do all those things. And every time they touched the ball, you thought something great was going to happen. And it often did."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21726708/vikings-percy-harvin-reminds-coach-former-greats-gale
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48050
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Bursting-Bubbles-On-Screen-Passes-To-Harvin/1ac796cb-3a8c-4512-92b5-1a392f0f839d

Pretty good read.

Quote:
"He runs the ball just as hard as Adrian Peterson. He's not worried about getting tackled. He's running through arm tackles. That makes him very dangerous for the fact that usually you don't see a guy out there at receiver that has that type of power and strength to stay up,'' McCourty said.

The Vikings sure aren't ambushing anyone when they call the play.

"You hear all the defenders calling out `bubble, bubble, bubble!''' Harvin said. "It gets a little nervous, but actually I have full confidence in my blockers.''
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to ESPN, Percy Harvin is the only WR in the NFL to have 25+ receptions and 0 drops.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eastern Walrus


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 3147
Location: on safari
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin brought me back to the Vikings

I wasn't a huge football fan but was into college football because my roommate played it on XBOX360. I was always Florida, and I would use Harvin all the time (and Tebow). When I heard he was drafted by the Vikings I decided I would pay attention to that season (plus Favre).

Now he's in the MVP talk on ESPN

He is the best play maker in the NFL
_________________
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6983
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network interview: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/NFL_Network_Percy_Harvin_Interview/2cded63d-bb2a-4895-a7f0-9cccc9f50d9f
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74414
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know where it's best to drop this news, this thread's about receiving at least:


I can report this: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC very badly.

http://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/statuses/258683679600156673



Per @JasonColeYahoo, Dolphins are potentially negotiating a deal for Chiefs stud WR Dwayne Bowe.

http://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/statuses/258670449175699456
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 25294
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense for the Fins, and quite frankly for Bowe... He's not an elite receiver but he has absolutely zero help on the QB side.

Tannehill would at least be an upgrade.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SodakViking


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 1670
Location: 605
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick. Get it done, Ricky!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48050
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
don't know where it's best to drop this news, this thread's about receiving at least:


I can report this: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC very badly.

http://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/statuses/258683679600156673



Per @JasonColeYahoo, Dolphins are potentially negotiating a deal for Chiefs stud WR Dwayne Bowe.

http://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/statuses/258670449175699456


We have a contracts expiring in 2013 thread, could have gone in there VD Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 25294
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick. Get it done, Ricky!

Hell no, maybe a third and a conditional pick. If a stud like Marshall, granted he had off the field problems, goes for 2 third round picks. Then a receiver, who doesn't have a clean off the field slate and doesn't have a contract beyond this year, shouldn't go a 2nd +.

Bowe is solid, but beyond one spectacular year he hasn't done much.

Although it appears his numbers are very similar to Marshall's this year.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SodakViking


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 1670
Location: 605
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick. Get it done, Ricky!

Hell no, maybe a third and a conditional pick. If a stud like Marshall, granted he had off the field problems, goes for 2 third round picks. Then a receiver, who doesn't have a clean off the field slate and doesn't have a contract beyond this year, shouldn't go a 2nd +.

Bowe is solid, but beyond one spectacular year he hasn't done much.

Although it appears his numbers are very similar to Marshall's this year.

Desperation speaks. I got excited. Bowe would be huge for the offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22920
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Carl isn't in KC anymore. Anyway, I can't see Pioli moving Bowe for anything less than at least a 2nd rd pick.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48050
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
King Carl isn't in KC anymore. Anyway, I can't see Pioli moving Bowe for anything less than at least a 2nd rd pick.


Not really worth it, to be honest. Especially considering your going to have to pay Bowe 4-5 yrs for $45+ million.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74414
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
don't know where it's best to drop this news, this thread's about receiving at least:


I can report this: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC very badly.

http://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/statuses/258683679600156673



Per @JasonColeYahoo, Dolphins are potentially negotiating a deal for Chiefs stud WR Dwayne Bowe.

http://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/statuses/258670449175699456


We have a contracts expiring in 2013 thread, could have gone in there VD Razz

you have the modly power to move these things, ya know. who trained this guy...?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 5 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group