You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Despite the reported sour relationship, Percy Harvin told USA Today he could have continued playing for Vikings coach Leslie Frazier had he not been traded. Harvin said he and Frazier have talked since the trade and exchanged text messages within the last month about Harvin's impending fatherhood.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210734/article/percy-harvin-moving-on-from-minnesota-vikings-drama

maybe becoming a father will allow Percy to order his priorities better and mature, it certainly had a big impact on Jared Allen. Winfield, who has always been regarded as a very mature man and teammate, had a child while still in college.

We don't know what the real story was with Percy. The fact that Adrian Peterson seemed to be in Percy's corner and was not at all happy about him being traded makes me suspect that he wasn't a total cancer.

The coaching staff obviously felt differently, and that is all that really matters.

Considering that Peterson hasnt said much and will probably have another brilliant season, i wouldnt be concerned about him being upset.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory about Harvin's injury history being related to "central sensitization", a neurological disorder that often develops in people suffering from chronic migraines, in which they have increased sensitivity to pain and other sensory experiences.

Posted it at Daily Norseman as a fanpost and it got promoted to their front page. There's been some discussion about it on twitter and facebook too.

The post is super-long and includes lots of handwaving and speculation about what might have happened behind the scenes after Harvin sprained his ankle. Short version is that I think the sprain probably wasn't that bad, that his ankle had healed and was mechanically sound by the time he was put on IR, but that his pain disorder was limiting his ability to practice and return to games.

I wrote most of it intending to add it as a comment to this thread, but it was just way too long. Updated and finished my draft over the weekend to reflect the current situation with his hip, including making some predictions that have already been proven wrong :/

Comment thread below the post is interesting too and includes my explanation / excuses for the wrong prediction.

But the main focus of the post is Percy's medical issues while in Minnesota and the possible reasons for his exit this summer, so you might find it worth reading anyway.

I can't link to it here because of forum policy but it's easy to find at Daily Norseman.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Seahawks "hope" to have Harvin back in time for Thanksgiving, but they have a bye that week. That would put a spotlight on their Week 13 Monday Night Football tilt against the New Orleans Saints for Harvin's potential return.

If Harvin recovers quickly, perhaps he might be back for the Week 11 date against his former Minnesota Vikings teammates in Seattle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223963/article/seahawks-hope-percy-harvin-is-back-for-thanksgiving

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
CDub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Seahawks "hope" to have Harvin back in time for Thanksgiving, but they have a bye that week. That would put a spotlight on their Week 13 Monday Night Football tilt against the New Orleans Saints for Harvin's potential return.

If Harvin recovers quickly, perhaps he might be back for the Week 11 date against his former Minnesota Vikings teammates in Seattle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223963/article/seahawks-hope-percy-harvin-is-back-for-thanksgiving

Would be interesting to see him come back week 11. I could honestly see him coming back that week just because we play them. Would be that much better if we beat them...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings vs Seahawks - is going to be an important game.
Likely will have direct impact on seeding for Wild Card.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone noticed Percy's Twitter page has him still in a Vikings jersey? https://twitter.com/Percy_Harvin
CDub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Likely will have direct impact on seeding for Wild Card.

It definitely should, hopefully Ponder plays well this year so that is a lot more realistic though. Will be tough to make playoffs this year imo with below average QB play. I really think a couple teams are going to take nice steps forwards, especially the Rams.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Likely will have direct impact on securing our first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Fixed it for you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Pete Carrol says they are "hopeful" to have Harvin back late in this season...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/harvin-surgery-goes-very-well-seahawks-hopeful-he-returns-this-season/

are SEA fans keeping in mind that when Harvin comes back he will have not played in a NFL game for 12 months or more? sorry, but he gonna have rust to shake off.

not to mention develop timing with a new team.

CDub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
and Pete Carrol says they are "hopeful" to have Harvin back late in this season...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/harvin-surgery-goes-very-well-seahawks-hopeful-he-returns-this-season/

are SEA fans keeping in mind that when Harvin comes back he will have not played in a NFL game for 12 months or more? sorry, but he gonna have rust to shake off.

not to mention develop timing with a new team.

Luckily for them, they still have plenty of solid weapons on that offense to be fine without Harvin. Obviously it's a big loss for them, but they still have Rice (who is still solid), Baldwin, Tate, Miller, Lynch, Turbin, and Michael on that offense. Should be just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Rice...?

the guy who is in Switzerland getting a radical treatment for arthritis in his knee....?

Gordon Bombay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see Seattle being a big contender this year. Not that I think Harvin is THAT important to them, but because I don't think Russell is going to match last years production. Also, with the way Lynch runs, he's got to slow down soon.

My bold prediction for the year is that Arizona will finish ahead of Seattle in the division
CDub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Sidney Rice...?

the guy who is in Switzerland getting a radical treatment for arthritis in his knee....?

Most reports indicate that he'll likely be back in the next few days and will be a go for week 1, and should be ready to go if they want him to in the preseason. Can't say for sure if it's serious or not.

No one really knows how Rice does, but last year he was solid for them. That's what i'm basing things off of now, until players make me think otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon Bombay wrote:
I really don't see Seattle being a big contender this year. Not that I think Harvin is THAT important to them, but because I don't think Russell is going to match last years production. Also, with the way Lynch runs, he's got to slow down soon.

My bold prediction for the year is that Arizona will finish ahead of Seattle in the division

I dont see Seattle struggling, honestly. That defense is quite good and Wilson did show that he can play well with Rice and Tate. Rice may be out, but Seattle should get Baldwin back who was productive as a rookie.

Even if Lynch struggles, Christine Michael looks like an impressive RB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks strengthened their veteran wideout depth on Friday, agreeing on a deal with ex-Cardinal Early Doucet, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported Friday. According to Rapoport, Doucet will receive a one-year contract. Doucet, 27, caught 28 passes for 207 yards in 12 games (three starts) for Arizona in 2012. The previous season, Doucet set career highs in catches (54), yards (689) and touchdowns (five) for the Cardinals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/seahawks-ex-cardinals-wr-early-doucet-agree-to-terms/

gee, i don't get it. so many SEA fans said losing Harvin is no big deal because he wasn't on the team last year and they produced well without him. plus, they say, Seattle is mostly a running team anyway. but now they sign another WR...

Think

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: