Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The Vikes are saying the right things to keep the value as high as possible.

or if they want to keep him. I don't see anything in his statements that suggest a trade is coming.

It is really a big gamble in trading him. That would be putting all your eggs in a basket and would force Spielman into landing one of the top free agent receivers. That is a ballsy risk since you can't dictate what a free agent decides to do and that isn't counting their own teams tossing a franchise tag on them.

Dwayne Bowe - Andy Reid in Kansas City really changes things. Just look at how he handled the DeSean Jackson situation.

Greg Jennings - Green Bay very well may let him walk but he really does not fit into the approach Spielman has taken in terms of signing young free agents.

Mike Wallace - He is Big Ben's #1 target. He was targeted 119 times. I just find it hard to believe that they let him go. They need to put all their resources into fixing that aging defense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
It is really a big gamble in trading him. That would be putting all your eggs in a basket and would force Spielman into landing one of the top free agent receivers.

I don't think it forces Rick to do anything in free agency.
Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Freakout wrote:
It is really a big gamble in trading him. That would be putting all your eggs in a basket and would force Spielman into landing one of the top free agent receivers.

So you would be fine with putting all your hopes on a rookie WR? I find that crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Freakout wrote:

So you would be fine with putting all your hopes on a rookie WR? I find that crazy.

I didn't say that either.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time of the year wen draft picks get overvalued n actual good players get undervalued. Rick is saying all the right things regardless of what they do with Percy. Percy always played slot cuz he was far n away our best slot. Now that we realized that Wright is solid in the slot we can kick Percy out n get an added net benefit by starting both plus our drafted WR in 1st/2nd round.

I dont think we get a "big" WR via Free Agency

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Freakout wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Freakout wrote:

I didn't say that either.

what are you suggesting then? roll with Simpson/Jenkins/Wright again?
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you draft a WR high, doesn't mean you're "putting all your hopes" on him. Not when you have 28.

If I were to trade Harvin, I would draft someone in the first or second and probably sign someone along the lines of Barden or Ogletree, much like the Simpson signing this year.

Rookie/FA/Wright/Simpson/Jenkins
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Just because you draft a WR high, doesn't mean you're "putting all your hopes" on him. Not when you have 28.

If I were to trade Harvin, I would draft someone in the first or second and probably sign someone along the lines of Barden or Ogletree, much like the Simpson signing this year.

I'd be really surprised if either Jenkins or Simpson was on this team next year.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:

I'd be really surprised if either Jenkins or Simpson was on this team next year.

The way Ponder was campaigning for Simpson, I wouldn't be. Certainly not as a top 2 receiver on the team, but as a 3 or 4 would be fine
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind Harvin, Wright, and Simpson but we do need to add another receiver that can also stretch the field and be physical.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I don't mind Harvin, Wright, and Simpson but we do need to add another receiver that can also stretch the field and be physical.

We need a receiver who is a strong route runner all over the field and has good hands.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

We need a receiver who is a strong route runner all over the field and has good hands.

You mean like Jennings?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

You mean like Jennings?

Someone like Jennings. It may not be Jennings though, money will obviously control that decision.
chuck44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Spielman has stated he wants him back next year..the nerve issue he had really affected his speed and cutting ability and was never fully healthy
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:

Spielman has stated he wants him back next year..the nerve issue he had really affected his speed and cutting ability and was never fully healthy

In that case, I'd go Percy (or FA WR, if he's traded) and a 2nd round WR (Rogers, Woods, or Hamilton) starting, Wright in the slot, and Simpson and a late round WR (Marcus Davis) as rotation players.

That wouldn't be too bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 31 of 36

Jump to: