Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox not sure why Eric Decker slid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Elliot here. In real time at full speed I think Decker thought there was going to be contact made and did what many receivers in the league do, and that's get down. Arguably the greatest Bronco receiver of all time, Rod Smith, did the whole catch and drop in the middle of the field all the time. Decker just didn't have any football sense and mistimed it. Its still embarrassing and idiotic and I'm glad he got some choice words from the coaches.

As for BP, that was just a post to cover his arse so that he can play both sides in the Bronco forum. He has been doing that a lot since Denver signed Manning.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is pretty pointless to argue about what went through his head on that particular play. Unless Decker has the need to tell us, we won't know anyways. I certainly looked strange. But this slide did not lose us the game. Anything which happens before our now all too characteristic late game surges is what we should look at instead.

Btw: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21622540/broncos-wr-eric-decker-explains-why-he-took

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
No worries next week. They won't need to slide, because there won't be a Raider defender within 10 yards of them.

Next week will be a classic 'Manning's back overreaction' game. If he can't throw for 3 TDs on the Raiders makeshift secondary, he should retire.
He better start filling out the paper work. Laughing
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he slid short of a first down, I'd be furious. He didn't. I don't see the problem.

Team Stylish
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't matter. Maybe Decker was trying to get the refs to call him safe at home?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I have to agree with Elliot here. In real time at full speed I think Decker thought there was going to be contact made and did what many receivers in the league do, and that's get down. Arguably the greatest Bronco receiver of all time, Rod Smith, did the whole catch and drop in the middle of the field all the time. Decker just didn't have any football sense and mistimed it. Its still embarrassing and idiotic and I'm glad he got some choice words from the coaches.

As for BP, that was just a post to cover his arse so that he can play both sides in the Bronco forum. He has been doing that a lot since Denver signed Manning.

Covering it from what? I said the Broncos are not making the playoffs, I stand by it. They don't look like a playoff team right now. I thought Manning was back week 1, but the last 2 weeks, it's clear he's not the same QB. The arm isn't there. After watch Carson carve the Steelers up, it made week 1 make more sense to me.

As for the Raiders secondary, they currently have their FS playing CB, their back FS starting and it's just a mess. It's a QBs dream situation. There isn't a single player who can matchup one on one and make plays. To compound the issue, they have no pass rush to speak of. This weeks game is taylor made for Manning to be successful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
germ-x wrote:

Covering it from what? I said the Broncos are not making the playoffs, I stand by it. They don't look like a playoff team right now. I thought Manning was back week 1, but the last 2 weeks, it's clear he's not the same QB. The arm isn't there. After watch Carson carve the Steelers up, it made week 1 make more sense to me.

As for the Raiders secondary, they currently have their FS playing CB, their back FS starting and it's just a mess. It's a QBs dream situation. There isn't a single player who can matchup one on one and make plays. To compound the issue, they have no pass rush to speak of. This weeks game is taylor made for Manning to be successful.

Well, you are right, this game is tailor-made for Manning. As for the Broncos not looking like a playoff team, please look at the opposition they have lost to. Both ATL and HOU and ranked in the top 3 in most polls and , while I agree we haven't looked sharp, we were in it at the end of both. Maning still seems like he's both still recovering from after effects of his surgery as well as not being fully in sync with his receivers yet. However, when looking at their schedule, these were two expected losses IMO. After this week playing the Raiders, they'll be right back in the hunt for the division lead and the Raiders will be dredging the bottom as they have for the last decade.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
germ-x wrote:

Well, you are right, this game is tailor-made for Manning. As for the Broncos not looking like a playoff team, please look at the opposition they have lost to. Both ATL and HOU and ranked in the top 3 in most polls and , while I agree we haven't looked sharp, we were in it at the end of both. Maning still seems like he's both still recovering from after effects of his surgery as well as not being fully in sync with his receivers yet. However, when looking at their schedule, these were two expected losses IMO. After this week playing the Raiders, they'll be right back in the hunt for the division lead and the Raiders will be dredging the bottom as they have for the last decade.

I agree. I think they are the team to beat in the west (however the Chargers look improved).

So what happens if Manning struggles and they lose to Oakland? Someone create a gameday thread. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Never seen that before from a WR. New one on me. Should we start a collection to buy him a skirt?

Who was it that compared him to Eddie Mac? Sorry, but Eddie gets another 10+ and maybe drags somebody into the endzone.
He probably gets 6 more yrds.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Never seen that before from a WR. New one on me. Should we start a collection to buy him a skirt?

Who was it that compared him to Eddie Mac? Sorry, but Eddie gets another 10+ and maybe drags somebody into the endzone.
He probably gets 6 more yrds.

It's the "probably" that bugs me. How may hundreds of "improbable" plays have you seen in the NFL?

DB's bouncing off each other and the WR breaking free, just to name one example. The probablies and maybes shouldn't enter into the conversation which is why he needs to finish the play.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still going on? Why?

Decker got the first down and Manning and the offense failed to move any further on the next 3 downs. This is a non-issue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I agree. I think they are the team to beat in the west (however the Chargers look improved).

So what happens if Manning struggles and they lose to Oakland? Someone create a gameday thread. Laughing

People are already starting to lose faith in the Broncos and Manning after losses to both Houston and Atlanta. The coaches need to keep the players' morale up and keep a "we're still the best" type of attitude, or it could get ugly. It sucks that these games (Houston and Atlanta) had to be played early in the season. These were very difficult games, so my faith is still high, but if we lose to the Raiders... it will be a media catastrophe in Denver.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I said the Broncos are not making the playoffs, I stand by it.

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:
I think they are the team to beat in the west

Question

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

Seems Legit.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

This is called, "Hedging your bet". BP has been known to do this for years. One of the main reasons he doesnt get treated with a lot of legitimacy around here.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: