Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox not sure why Eric Decker slid
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: John Fox not sure why Eric Decker slid Reply with quote

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/24/john-fox-eric-decker-slid-catchandrun/15919/

look at that wasted block by stokley. probably couldve got another 10 yards. drive ended in a punt, theres the missing 6 points, im an optimistic person so i believe they wouldve got a td and not a field goal.[/i]
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how you immediately lose respect as a football player? Exactly what Eric Decker did yesterday...

https://twitter.com/NateKreckman

Quote:
Caldwell on reaction in film room after Decker slide: "It got real quiet in there. Coach said a few things I can't repeat on radio."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sums up the offense yesterday. hope the coaches had alot of choice words
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that before from a WR. New one on me. Should we start a collection to buy him a skirt?

Who was it that compared him to Eddie Mac? Sorry, but Eddie gets another 10+ and maybe drags somebody into the endzone.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Never seen that before from a WR. New one on me. Should we start a collection to buy him a skirt?

Who was it that compared him to Eddie Mac? Sorry, but Eddie gets another 10+ and maybe drags somebody into the endzone.

the colts wr's always went to the ground...but they werent running with an open field in front of them. harrison mainly, catch and to the ground if it was in traffic. you dont do what decker did.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao some of the over reactions to this.

No he should not have slid obviously... but "Eddie Mac would have dragged someone into the end zone..." AK he's on the 50 yard line, and last I checked Eddie Mac nor Eric Decker have the elite speed to break open what was in front of them there for another 50 yards.

10 yards, maybe, but he had the safety coming down on him, you know, that unblocked guy to the right of Stokley. Watch the play in real time, not just this picture, that safety was ready to pop him.

No excuse for sliding, maybe he's a pansy. Maybe he thought he'd get a late hit extra 15 yard flag if that safety got hit happy and crushed him after the slide. No matter what was going through his head it was stupid seeing as it wasn't "keep running."

Did we score a TD after Demaryius Thomas failed to get his 2nd foot in bounds? I forget already.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries next week. They won't need to slide, because there won't be a Raider defender within 10 yards of them.

Next week will be a classic 'Manning's back overreaction' game. If he can't throw for 3 TDs on the Raiders makeshift secondary, he should retire.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:

No he should not have slid obviously... but "Eddie Mac would have dragged someone into the end zone..." AK he's on the 50 yard line, and last I checked Eddie Mac nor Eric Decker have the elite speed to break open what was in front of them there for another 50 yards.

10 yards, maybe, but he had the safety coming down on him, you know, that unblocked guy to the right of Stokley. Watch the play in real time, not just this picture, that safety was ready to pop him.

No excuse for sliding, maybe he's a pansy. Maybe he thought he'd get a late hit extra 15 yard flag if that safety got hit happy and crushed him after the slide. No matter what was going through his head it was stupid seeing as it wasn't "keep running."

Did we score a TD after Demaryius Thomas failed to get his 2nd foot in bounds? I forget already.

really? him sliding blew the momentum of the drive. couldve gotten a td at worse a field goal.

the safety that is standing flat footed? decker wouldve went to the left of stokley.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What momentum was killed? He got a first down, let's not act like it was a 3rd down that forced us to punt. He got the 1st and after that the offense stalled. Has nothing to do with that play at all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
What momentum was killed? He got a first down, let's not act like it was a 3rd down that forced us to punt. He got the 1st and after that the offense stalled. Has nothing to do with that play at all.

he killed the chance of being in range to score. do you not understand?
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

really? him sliding blew the momentum of the drive. couldve gotten a td at worse a field goal.

the safety that is standing flat footed? decker wouldve went to the left of stokley.

Watch the play. Things happen faster than what they look like in a still image.

I'm not saying he was right to slide, but lets stop making it out to be like this one play would have been the difference in the game. Because it wouldn't. All it is is a speculative argument.

As far as momentum goes he picked up the first down on the play did he not? So no, it wasn't a drive killer.

If you want more speculative analysis, why was 330 pound Kevin Vickerson covering Arian Foster in the flat on Fosters touchdown reception. Maybe if there was safety help, as there should have been, they'd have scored 3 not 7.

Maybe if a safety (think it was Moore) didn't bite so bad on play action he'd have been in position to help on Andre Johnson's deep touchdown. Maybe they'd have punted instead of scoring 7.

Ditto for the Walter touchdown. Maybe they'd have punted instead of scoring 7.

Maybe if Woodyard didn't step out of bounds after his interception and had gotten those extra yards we'd have scored 7 instead of 3.

Maybe if Joe Mays had some concentration and held up instead of decapitating Matt Schaub they wouldn't have grabbed the extra yardage and would have had to settle for 3 instead of scoring 7.

You can't say one screw up was the difference in the game when we had 1558745435 screw ups in this game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
No worries next week. They won't need to slide, because there won't be a Raider defender within 10 yards of them.

Next week will be a classic 'Manning's back overreaction' game. If he can't throw for 3 TDs on the Raiders makeshift secondary, he should retire.

Well that's not hedging your bet at all is it? If Manning wins it will be an overreaction, and if we lose he should retire. Sounds like Skip Bayless logged into your account. Wink Any given Sunday Palooka. I said in your forum i don't think the Broncos are nearly as good as i thought we'd be. Partly due to Manning not playing like Manning. I'm hoping it's just a chemistry thing right now, but we will see by the middle of the season.

I also said prior to your win against the Steelers that i predicted Oakland to win and McFadden to have a huge game. It's no secret Denver has not exactly been stellar in recent Raiders games, so i'm not banking on anything at all. Our defense has been inconsistent to say the least... So i am terrified that as per usual McFadden, Reece and one of your WR's will torch us.

Good luck this Sunday. Should be a good one... Always get hyped for the Raiders vs Broncos games.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:

The point I was making elliot was that he quit on a play. EM never did and scored some of the most unlikely TD's I've ever seen. By the way, I didn't say "would have", said "could have".

Never mentioned that it had an effect on the game. Probably didn't. We'll just never know. I hate not knowing! Wink
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Watch the play. Things happen faster than what they look like in a still image.

I'm not saying he was right to slide, but lets stop making it out to be like this one play would have been the difference in the game. Because it wouldn't. All it is is a speculative argument.

As far as momentum goes he picked up the first down on the play did he not? So no, it wasn't a drive killer.

If you want more speculative analysis, why was 330 pound Kevin Vickerson covering Arian Foster in the flat on Fosters touchdown reception. Maybe if there was safety help, as there should have been, they'd have scored 3 not 7.

Maybe if a safety (think it was Moore) didn't bite so bad on play action he'd have been in position to help on Andre Johnson's deep touchdown. Maybe they'd have punted instead of scoring 7.

Ditto for the Walter touchdown. Maybe they'd have punted instead of scoring 7.

Maybe if Woodyard didn't step out of bounds after his interception and had gotten those extra yards we'd have scored 7 instead of 3.

Maybe if Joe Mays had some concentration and held up instead of decapitating Matt Schaub they wouldn't have grabbed the extra yardage and would have had to settle for 3 instead of scoring 7.

You can't say one screw up was the difference in the game when we had 1558745435 screw ups in this game.

play was blown dead, majority of people on here believed he didnt step out, cbs failed to show the replay.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

he killed the chance of being in range to score. do you not understand?
No the offense killed the chance, he got the first down. The rest of the offense subsequently failed to move any further on the next 3 downs.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: