Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doctor Who
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Doctor Who Reply with quote

I had a thread on this a while ago and I've dug it up once or twice before, but I don't feel like looking for it, too far back in the forum because they haven't had an official season this year. Basically, for those of you who care and don't know why, Russell T. Davies is handing over Doctor Who to Steven Moffatt (Coupling and soon Tintin writer) and David Tennant, the current Doctor, is going back to the stage and so while R.T.D. hands it off they did four specials this year.

The reason that I revive this topic in a new thread is because today over in England they aired the fourth special, "The Waters of Mars". I loe the show and this special was extremely good. The one thing about Doctor Who, which is pretty silly and odd a lot of the time, it is often very emotionally charged and this special was amazing that way.

What is coming up next, the Christmas Special, a tradition for Doctor Who. This is when the change from David Tennant to the new Doctor will occur. It looks to be great, returning a bad guy from one of the previous episodes. It looks like it should be extremely emotionally charged again.

skywindO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Doctor Who fan. Although I wasn't a fan of Catherine Tate as the companion. However, Midnight(I think that's the name of the episode from that season) rivals Blink as my favorite episode. I haven't gotten a chance to see the new specials yet but that's because I can't obtain them at school. When I go home for Thanksgiving, I'll work on it.
biggio7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching Doctor Who lately when it comes, which isn't too often. I hope I get to see the four specials when they come on here. I never really watched it before until about a few weeks ago, there was a marathon on and I watched it all day. Laughing I think David Tennant played the character great. I don't know anything about the new doctor so I'll hold off any negative thoughts about him. But I'll probably watch when I can. I can just never remember when it is on. But it's a pretty solid show.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone else stumbled across Doctor Who. It is just a fun show to watch and a well written show. This incarnation of Doctor Who has been running for four seasons and then four specials (which are the fifth season so to speak).

The new guy is very young, younger then Tennant who is pretty young compared to the Doctors from the previous incarnation of Doctor Who. However, in his interviews he sounds like someone who will do a decent job, and Steven Moffatt, taking over for Davies, should do an amazing job. Moffatt did an amazing job with a British version of Friends, Coupling, which was light years better then Friends.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I just watched the Christmas Special and just about died, well, that might be a bit of an overstatement. The Waters on Mars was amazing, but the Christmas Special was the first good Christmas Special that I've seen, and the fact it is a two part episode just makes it great. That is what I about died from, I wasn't sure when they would show the second half, but fortunately it is on the first. But RTD did it again, he created a very emotionally charged episode with keeping in so much of the Doctor Who humor you expect. Doctor Who is really one of the few shows that can balance a serious aspect with the great humor that it has.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now just finished the New Years special. This show has had two of the most emotional moments I've ever seen on a TV, so end of the second series, and then the end of this episode. It was a great second half that worked out so extremely well. The end was kind of sappy and what you expect with them touching on a lot of the other characters of note, but it did it extremely well, and the transition to the new Doctor was very good and they definitely tried to make you like him quickly with the few lines that the new Doctor gets at the end of the episode.

finn54

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I had a thread on this a while ago and I've dug it up once or twice before, but I don't feel like looking for it, too far back in the forum because they haven't had an official season this year. Basically, for those of you who care and don't know why, Russell T. Davies is handing over Doctor Who to Steven Moffatt (Coupling and soon Tintin writer) and David Tennant, the current Doctor, is going back to the stage and so while R.T.D. hands it off they did four specials this year.

The reason that I revive this topic in a new thread is because today over in England they aired the fourth special, "The Waters of Mars". I loe the show and this special was extremely good. The one thing about Doctor Who, which is pretty silly and odd a lot of the time, it is often very emotionally charged and this special was amazing that way.

What is coming up next, the Christmas Special, a tradition for Doctor Who. This is when the change from David Tennant to the new Doctor will occur. It looks to be great, returning a bad guy from one of the previous episodes. It looks like it should be extremely emotionally charged again.

Heh, his sister was the headteacher at my old school.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPte4rQMpI

Trailer for Series 5.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBSzVTLS9OE

Doctor Who series six preview.

Best Christmas Special ever, Michael Gambon was great in the "Scrooge" role.

Now I think I have to back go back and rewatch all the seasons so I'm ready when this new series starts.

ClaxtonMcGee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shark sleigh was the best part.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Night of the Doctor mini episode
http://youtu.be/-U3jrS-uhuo

Paul McGann back as the 8th Doctor, sets up John Hurt for the 5oth Anniversary Special

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
daboyle250

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
The Night of the Doctor mini episode
http://youtu.be/-U3jrS-uhuo

Paul McGann back as the 8th Doctor, sets up John Hurt for the 5oth Anniversary Special

Wow. I honestly didn't expect that.

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a lot of long time Doctor Who fans there is really only one true Doctor:

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how the new series should have started.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
That's how the new series should have started.

While I agree, it is very understandable why they couldn't start there with much hope of bringing in a new audience as easily.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: