You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Godzilla 2014: UPDATE: Love it or Hate it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Cranston needs a real Character to play. He was really good in Argo and Drive.

Monsters was really character driven so there is hope.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They showed a teaser-esk trailer at Comic-con, and the place apparently freaked out. From the sound of the guys they've brought together for the project, I actually have pretty high hopes. Godzilla has been one of my favorite childhood icons since I can remember.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit Jango wrote:
Bryan Cranston needs a real Character to play. He was really good in Argo and Drive.

Monsters was really character driven so there is hope.

Gareth Edwards is the perfect guy for this movie IMO. He'll actually make me give a crap about the people. The last American Godzilla movie I could care less if Godzilla completely destroyed New York.

He did so well on Monsters for a low budget movie. People expected a big Sci-Fi/Horror movie and that's what most if the negative reviews were about. He'll put a great cast and movie now that he has a big budget and put in a better cast. Not some Simpsons voice actors. Laughing

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First set images and some behind the scenes stuff

http://collider.com/godzilla-video-gareth-edwards-images/

http://collider.com/godzilla-images-set-video-aaron-taylor-johnson/

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
First set images and some behind the scenes stuff

http://collider.com/godzilla-video-gareth-edwards-images/

http://collider.com/godzilla-images-set-video-aaron-taylor-johnson/

Glad to see people keeping up with this.

Dont know if already been posted, but the big G will fight 2 monsters. Rumors are one new monster being introduced in the Godzilla universe and the other being a reboot. Hoping for anguirus.

Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godzilla vs King Kong

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Too many times have movies been made using only the title(name recognition) to bring people in and spend money only to be highly disappointed. 3D doesn't settle my nerves about it any. Most of the time; all flash, no substance. Personally, I don't even like 3D. So, that's definitely not a selling point for me and I hope they have a separate screening without it like most movies.

It's not an easy task to bring back the same horrifying, yet humorous at times, feeling that the originals had. They have a lot of work ahead of them.

Here's to hoping for a good outcome this time!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An older image, but still a pretty cool looking remake of Godzilla. Hopefully they keep him on the lines of the Original like Edwards is saying he is planning to do.

[img]http://www.google.com/search?q=godzilla+2014&rlz=1R2TSNP_enUS499&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=j5-TUdsqpq6IAueIgMAF&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1192&bih=489#imgrc=9GFLYWNH7ycyYM%3A%3BmlnTe03YbThowM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F6qzzr.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimgur.com%252Fr%252FGODZILLA%252F6qzzr%3B899%3B960[/img]

milanb

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Fukushima disaster it was only a matter of time before we saw a new series of Godzilla movies.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
After the Fukushima disaster it was only a matter of time before we saw a new series of Godzilla movies.

Wow, I'm really upset that I did not catch on to that. That actually makes a lot of sense.

KManX89

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freaking loved Godzilla as a kid, and seeing the abombination that was the 98 movie, I seriously hoped they would do an American remake that's actually true to the original character (and I know it's set in Japan like the original movies, however it's an American studio that's producing it, so it's technically an American film in the truest sense of the word).

Speaking of which, even though it's not official yet what the monster will look like when it's all said and done (at least not to us), the latest concept art I've seen of the 2014 Godzilla actually looks like a cross between the American Godzilla (rightfully code-named GINO, for Godzilla in Name Only) and the original Japanese version:

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_godzilladesign_concept.jpg

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_fan_artwork_concept_05.jpg

BTW, as some of you may recall (or not, since I'm sure it's been so long for you childhood lovers of Big G), TOHO decided to incorporate the American Godzilla into their last movie that they made in 2004 (Godzilla: Final Wars), and had it fight the Japanese Godzilla, only for it to get its scrawny [inappropriate/removed] kicked in like 10 seconds. Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

Too bad they cut out the line at the end (and I've seen the movie, so I know exactly what he says afterwards).

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I freaking loved Godzilla as a kid, and seeing the abombination that was the 98 movie, I seriously hoped they would do an American remake that's actually true to the original character (and I know it's set in Japan like the original movies, however it's an American studio that's producing it, so it's technically an American film in the truest sense of the word).

Speaking of which, even though it's not official yet what the monster will look like when it's all said and done (at least not to us), the latest concept art I've seen of the 2014 Godzilla actually looks like a cross between the American Godzilla (rightfully code-named GINO, for Godzilla in Name Only) and the original Japanese version:

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_godzilladesign_concept.jpg

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_fan_artwork_concept_05.jpg

BTW, as some of you may recall (or not, since I'm sure it's been so long for you childhood lovers of Big G), TOHO decided to incorporate the American Godzilla into their last movie that they made in 2004 (Godzilla: Final Wars), and had it fight the Japanese Godzilla, only for it to get its scrawny [inappropriate/removed] kicked in like 10 seconds. Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

Too bad they cut out the line at the end (and I've seen the movie, so I know exactly what he says afterwards).

Yeah, I've watched final wars and absolutely love the part where zilla gets his behind kicked in no time.

well the movie is to take place in both Japan and America(San Francisco) being ground zero.

Man I am so stoked for this movie.

Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never was a fan of the original concept of Godzilla. I always found it to be ridiculously campy and lame. I did enjoy the 1998 movie as a kid (although I haven't seen it since) though I can see why fans of the original films would not like the movie. Among the things I liked was the modernized look and feel of the newer Godzilla. There's something about the Godzilla from the 80s that just says "Christmas tree" to me.

I think the director and writers should pay homage to the source material while not being too caught up in fan service. I realize there's a lot that the 1998 movie left on the table for a modern Godzilla movies, but there were also some good things that this new movie can learn from it (both good and bad).
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I never was a fan of the original concept of Godzilla. I always found it to be ridiculously campy and lame. I did enjoy the 1998 movie as a kid (although I haven't seen it since) though I can see why fans of the original films would not like the movie. Among the things I liked was the modernized look and feel of the newer Godzilla. There's something about the Godzilla from the 80s that just says "Christmas tree" to me.

I think the director and writers should pay homage to the source material while not being too caught up in fan service. I realize there's a lot that the 1998 movie left on the table for a modern Godzilla movies, but there were also some good things that this new movie can learn from it (both good and bad).

I hated the 98 film, and not just because it wasn't true to the source material, it just wasn't a good standalone movie all by itself. Acting was lame, lines were corny, and the action scenes consisted entirely of the monster (besides lacking ANY of the qualities that makes Godzilla... well, Godzilla) just running away scared from the military the whole time like a coward. Any giant movie monster that avoids confrontation like that does NOT deserve to be taken seriously, because it defeats the whole purpose of what a giant monster is supposed to be: an indestructible force that wreaks havoc, duh, just like what we saw in Cloverfield.

Not to mention it was done by that same hack behind Stargate, ID4, Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 B.C. and 2014 (Rolland Emmerich), all of which sucked. This guy cannot write, produce or direct for crap.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

I hated the 98 film, and not just because it wasn't true to the source material, it just wasn't a good standalone movie all by itself. Acting was lame, lines were corny, and the action scenes consisted entirely of the monster (besides lacking ANY of the qualities that makes Godzilla... well, Godzilla) just running away scared from the military the whole time like a coward. Any giant movie monster that avoids confrontation like that does NOT deserve to be taken seriously, because it defeats the whole purpose of what a giant monster is supposed to be: an indestructible force that wreaks havoc, duh, just like what we saw in Cloverfield.

Not to mention it was done by that same hack behind Stargate, ID4, Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 B.C. and 2014 (Rolland Emmerich), all of which sucked. This guy cannot write, produce or direct for crap.

Whoa whoa whoa. I was with you there til you said that Independance Day and Stargate sucked. Maybe it's just because I was like 8 when they came out, but those are awesome movies.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 3 of 60

Jump to: