Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Godzilla 2014: UPDATE: Love it or Hate it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Godzilla fan. I've seen all the Godzilla films and Gamera films released from Japan (particullarily Toho studios). They are a guilty pleasure of mine. I loved the original which went by the title Gojira and I loved King Kong vs. Godzilla as well. Those two are my hands down favorites. In that sense, I'm excited about a reboot. On the other hand, the U.S. version starring Matthew Broderick was such a huge pile of trash, that I just know Hollywood is gonna mess this up. In the U.S. version, they made the creature look like some giant iguana and that irritated me to death! Godzilla had a very specific look that needs to be followed. If they do this with some much needed updating of the special FX, they can make this something special.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I am a huge Godzilla fan. I've seen all the Godzilla films and Gamera films released from Japan (particullarily Toho studios). They are a guilty pleasure of mine. I loved the original which went by the title Gojira and I loved King Kong vs. Godzilla as well. Those two are my hands down favorites. In that sense, I'm excited about a reboot. On the other hand, the U.S. version starring Matthew Broderick was such a huge pile of trash, that I just know Hollywood is gonna mess this up. In the U.S. version, they made the creature look like some giant iguana and that irritated me to death! Godzilla had a very specific look that needs to be followed. If they do this with some much needed updating of the special FX, they can make this something special.

I agree completely the U.S. version of Godzilla was trrbl. Its Godzilla, follow the iconic mold that Japan made him, not remake him to be a giant Iguana. My favorites are The Return of Godzilla(1984) and Godzilla vs. Biolante, two of my favorite flicks man.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much of the reason Godzilla such is such an icon is because of the cheesiness that the movies represented. There was just enough of it, that it gave the films almost a humorous feel. They were extremely fun to watch. They weren't too cheesy, but just cheesy enough. The remake took all that cheesiness out of the film and tried to make it too serious. This was even shown in the look of Godzilla. They took it so seriously that they just had to give him a realistic look. It was like he descended from a real reptile. It took away from that classic 60's giant rubber puppet look that Godzilla represented. He didn't actually look like any dinosaur that ever existed and that's just the way it's supposed to be. Changing the look of Godzilla is almost as sacreligious as remaking the Hulk and designing him as a blond, who doesn't turn green. It's just wrong.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Much of the reason Godzilla such is such an icon is because of the cheesiness that the movies represented. There was just enough of it, that it gave the films almost a humorous feel. They were extremely fun to watch. They weren't too cheesy, but just cheesy enough. The remake took all that cheesiness out of the film and tried to make it too serious. This was even shown in the look of Godzilla. They took it so seriously that they just had to give him a realistic look. It was like he descended from a real reptile. It took away from that classic 60's giant rubber puppet look that Godzilla represented. He didn't actually look like any dinosaur that ever existed and that's just the way it's supposed to be. Changing the look of Godzilla is almost as sacreligious as remaking the Hulk and designing him as a blond, who doesn't turn green. It's just wrong.

I couldn't imagine a blond hulk, also iguana-zilla should be wiped from history.

Good news thought David Goyer, the man who wrote The Dark Knight is apparently writing the film. Should be a darker Godzilla flick than normal.

candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a kid I loved seeing Godzilla versus Ghidorah. Also liked MechaGodzilla and Mothra.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
As a kid I loved seeing Godzilla versus Ghidorah. Also liked MechaGodzilla and Mothra.

Godzilla vs. Biolante for this guy.

The first Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla was baller though.

iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they ever going to release the teaser trailer for this??? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gareth Edwards‘ Godzilla remake will be sending some of Hollywood’s best and brightest to get (potentially) crushed to death by a monster. Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston are looking to join Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the sci-fi tentpole for Warner Bros. and Legendary. There is one little detail standing in the way right now, however — none of the three deals can be finalized until Frank Darabont finishes his rewrite of the script. Hit the jump to keep reading.

http://www.slashfilm.com/bryan-cranston-and-elizabeth-olsen-enter-talks-for-godzilla/

Pray

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Quote:
Gareth Edwards‘ Godzilla remake will be sending some of Hollywood’s best and brightest to get (potentially) crushed to death by a monster. Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston are looking to join Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the sci-fi tentpole for Warner Bros. and Legendary. There is one little detail standing in the way right now, however — none of the three deals can be finalized until Frank Darabont finishes his rewrite of the script. Hit the jump to keep reading.

http://www.slashfilm.com/bryan-cranston-and-elizabeth-olsen-enter-talks-for-godzilla/

Pray

Cranston is an awful actor outside of television.

#JDI
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Quote:

Pray

That's just not true. He isn't particularly good, but "awful" is a misstatement.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Quote:

Pray

That's just not true. He isn't particularly good, but "awful" is a misstatement.

alright, we can settle on bad then.

#JDI
StRawz11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Quote:

Pray

I'd just say he's bad at choosing movie roles. I don't think he all of sudden becomes a bad actor when it comes to movie

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
tinoynk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Quote:

Pray

I'd just say he's bad at choosing movie roles. I don't think he all of sudden becomes a bad actor when it comes to movie

Yea when he's in a movie that's actually good, like Argo or Drive, he's more than fine. I haven't seen Red Tails or Larry Crowne or Total Recall, but his lackluster performances in those could easily be attributed to the weakness of the movies as a whole.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Quote:

Pray

Yea when he's in a movie that's actually good, like Argo or Drive, he's more than fine. I haven't seen Red Tails or Larry Crowne or Total Recall, but his lackluster performances in those could easily be attributed to the weakness of the movies as a whole.

He brought nothing to Drive or Argo. He was just there. Not memorable at all.

He was very bad in Larry Crowne, Red Tails, Total Recall, Rock of Ages, John Carter.

I mean, for $50, he will put on a clown suit and come do your childs birthday party.

#JDI
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Pretty interesting the guy that did the movie Monsters is directing this.

Oh reeeaaalllly.

Now you have my attention.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 2 of 60

Jump to: