Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shurmur unhappy with Greg Little...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Where ate my points wrong?

You aren't wrong, just dont make excuses for a guy who led the league in drops in 2011 and is on pace to do it again.

Baldwin broke his hand and missed all of 2011... I challenge you to track his development this year.

Cobb is a big part of the Packers game seeing that Donald Driver is like 47 years old and is being phased out. Jennings has been hurt all year. Oh and they don't have a running game, so when the ball doesn't go to Jordy Nelson, Cobb's making plays. (Randall Cobb >> James Jones)

Julio and Little are very similar, Little might not have the speed. but both are basically 6'3" 220. You're right, Julio came out after his Junior year, Greg stayed but didnt play in his senior year due to a violation. And IF Little catches the balls he has dropped, they are in a very similiar class... and don't try to tell me you wouldn't argue that they weren't.

AJ Green will probly be a hall of famer, dude is really really really good.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Maybe i'm a blind homer idk, but too me it seems as if people are making it seem like it is easier to play WR in the NFL than it really is

It's suppose to be relatively easy when you're the number 1 receiver on a team and you've been doing it most of your life.

Well, my expectation is that it starts to look a little easier.

but it isnt easy, and like I said the only reason Little is the #1 is because there is nobody better on the team.... He has to be the number one by force, any other team in the NFL he would be able to adapt and learn to play in this league at a better pace. Little was raw as hell comming out and he is still raw. for people to think that what he is now is all he can ever be is asinine

Receiver is a very difficult position. You have almost as many reads as the QB has. However, you have to catch the ball. I don't care how good you are at getting open if you drop the ball when it comes your way.

Vince Lombardi
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Maybe i'm a blind homer idk, but too me it seems as if people are making it seem like it is easier to play WR in the NFL than it really is

It's suppose to be relatively easy when you're the number 1 receiver on a team and you've been doing it most of your life.

Well, my expectation is that it starts to look a little easier.

but it isnt easy, and like I said the only reason Little is the #1 is because there is nobody better on the team.... He has to be the number one by force, any other team in the NFL he would be able to adapt and learn to play in this league at a better pace. Little was raw as hell comming out and he is still raw. for people to think that what he is now is all he can ever be is asinine

Receiver is a very difficult position. You have almost as many reads as the QB has. However, you have to catch the ball. I don't care how good you are at getting open if you drop the ball when it comes your way.

This.

Greg Little is a talented dude who can get open and make the big play. If he learns to hold on to the ball consistently, he's gonna be a stud. If not, he'll be a physical talent who gets more opportunities than he deserves (Braylon Edwards).

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this about Little last night. While you'd like him to catch that potential TD, it wasn't as gimme as some would think.

At least he didn't drop one wide open across the middle like last week. He made some good plays last night. Hopefully he will get better because he could be a big threat if he was able to settle down and just make plays.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a problem with the TD pass that Little dropped as I think that was a tougher catch than some people think. I do have a problem with the earlier drops, especially the one that went right through his hands because he did not close them. That is the ridiculous play to me.

Every receiver is going to drop balls but it should be on occassion not almost half the time. I just hope he is putting in the time to get better and realizing the work he needs to do to improve.

He is far from a finished product and I think he has potential, unfortunately for him (and us as fans) he is by neccesity placed in the position that he needs to produce now as we have so few other options.

I think in 2-3 years this receiving corps (and team as a whole) as it stands now could develop into something pretty solid, but those could be a painful 2-3 years.
Ether

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Ether wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
unfortunetly after Jordan Norwood's display of even worse drops and probable concussion to Joshua Cribbs we cannot afford to bench Greg Little.

Couldn't have afforded it before those things happened or we would have.

Norwood is just good enough to not cut, and not much better than that. He was awful tonight.

I dont know about that. I think it's becoming more and more apparent that our coaching staffs opinions can't be legitimized just because they made them.

I dunno, man.

Gordon doesn't look nearly ready enough to take over 90% of the offensive
snaps like Little does.

True, I'd still take MoMass or Cribbs before they were injured over him
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure that late potential TD was not a gimme. But I still contend that the vast majority of receivers catch that ball. Sure maybe they lose it when they hit the ground, but they catch the ball. You guys are giving him a pass way too easily. I could understand not being able to hold on, but I can't understand all those balls going straight through his hands.

Vince Lombardi
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
Sure that late potential TD was not a gimme. But I still contend that the vast majority of receivers catch that ball. Sure maybe they lose it when they hit the ground, but they catch the ball. You guys are giving him a pass way too easily. I could understand not being able to hold on, but I can't understand all those balls going straight through his hands.

Vast majority?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:

Vast majority?

Any receiver worthy of being drafted in the first 2 rounds better make that catch.

#JDI
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:

The thing that's being missed on that play was the beautiful throw. Perfect.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Little is slowing approaching most disliked status for me.

It's maddening.

It wouldn't be as bad if he was quiet and humble about it.

#JDI
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone think of a wr who struggled with drops but eventually improved? I know there has to be but i seriously cant come up with one. I can come up with a list of players who never cured their drop problems. Marshall, braylon, owens, roy williams, etc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
Can anyone think of a wr who struggled with drops but eventually improved? I know there has to be but i seriously cant come up with one. I can come up with a list of players who never cured their drop problems. Marshall, braylon, owens, roy williams, etc

Jerry Rice was a drop machine his 1st year or 2.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Jerry Rice was a drop machine his 1st year or 2.

Great point Reggie. Greg little is young and has played for 3 different QBs in 2 years.

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:

The thing that's being missed on that play was the beautiful throw. Perfect.

I say bench him, but as many balls as go his way, I'm just tired of watching a pass go to an open reciever and them not coming up with the grab, and seeing the ball bounce off of Little's chest, or his hands. (what's wrong? you don't like it in the numbers, or the hands?)

POTENTIAL is all speculative. He's gotta figure out how to cure what ails him, otherwise it's a wasted pick, which is definitely not what we need right now with a new owner looking to come in and clean house.

And how is Weeden s'posed to develop, improve, and reach HIS potential if he can't trust his recievers. That would be the reason it wouldn't be a good idea to bench Little, because I think seeing a different guy over there is not going to be all that beneficial, at least at first. It'd be another step backwards.

Regardless, less drops is the theme for the rest of the season for Greg Little, it's a glaring hole in our offense, and defenses aren't going to takew him or the rest of the team seriously if we can't count on our guys to do their jobs. I can understand bad route running, I can understand separation issues, but dropped balls turn into points left on the field. And a look at how close all of our games have been, tells the tale of our woes. We are a few dropped balls from 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, or 4-0.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: