Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shurmur unhappy with Greg Little...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Most WRs don't have solid seasons until their 3rd year in the league. There are exceptions but 3 years minimum is what a WR needs to properly develop.

Drops are part of the game. Benching a player in his second year in the league when there is A) nothing better and B) you are trying to develop the player is lunacy.

Very true. Most WR's need to develop the physical aspects of their game and the route running in order to succeed.

Little, on the other hand, is a manchild who is capable of getting open.

Drops? Yes, they're a part of the game. However, they can't be 1/3 of your game if you are a WR.

Little is dropping 1 out of every 3-4 passes his way.

That's unacceptable. I'm not saying bench the guy, but I'm not saying don't. At some point this goof is going to have to focus and catch the ball or get a real job.

I am not saying to bench the guy, but let's be honest Greg Little isn't "developing". Torrey Smith (in his second year) is "developing". He had a decent game but is developing into a play-maker that demands double teams. AJ Green had that from day 1. Little needs coached up, and our staff is doing a sh*t job of doing that.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh needs to keep studying his playbook and work on his routes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Ether wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
unfortunetly after Jordan Norwood's display of even worse drops and probable concussion to Joshua Cribbs we cannot afford to bench Greg Little.

Couldn't have afforded it before those things happened or we would have.

Norwood is just good enough to not cut, and not much better than that. He was awful tonight.

I dont know about that. I think it's becoming more and more apparent that our coaching staffs opinions can't be legitimized just because they made them.

I dunno, man.

Gordon doesn't look nearly ready enough to take over 90% of the offensive snaps like Little does.

I agree, I love gordons physical tools, and his apparent drive to improve, but he needs to learn how to be a NFL wr, much like Little still is.

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i'm a blind homer idk, but too me it seems as if people are making it seem like it is easier to play WR in the NFL than it really is

tricklogic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Maybe i'm a blind homer idk, but too me it seems as if people are making it seem like it is easier to play WR in the NFL than it really is

It's suppose to be relatively easy when you're the number 1 receiver on a team and you've been doing it most of your life.

Well, my expectation is that it starts to look a little easier.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

It's suppose to be relatively easy when you're the number 1 receiver on a team and you've been doing it most of your life.

but it isnt easy, and like I said the only reason Little is the #1 is because there is nobody better on the team.... He has to be the number one by force, any other team in the NFL he would be able to adapt and learn to play in this league at a better pace. Little was raw as hell comming out and he is still raw. for people to think that what he is now is all he can ever be is asinine

tricklogic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

but it isnt easy, and like I said the only reason Little is the #1 is because there is nobody better on the team.... He has to be the number one by force, any other team in the NFL he would be able to adapt and learn to play in this league at a better pace. Little was raw as hell comming out and he is still raw. for people to think that what he is now is all he can ever be is asinine

I know, but he had 61 catches last year, it's really hard to not have high expectations for a guy with that kind of raw talent... Who had 61 catches after a year off. Even with the drops if he made 1 of those tough catches I think we'd be talking about him a bit different.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

And Torrey Smith wasnt raw? My point is progression. Just not seeing it with Little. Maybe we can chalk it up to his "1st year with a legit QB" that throws seeds that spiral and travel further than 20 yards.

#deathbypapercut was the term Mayock used to describe Coltus McCoytus

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

And Torrey Smith wasnt raw? My point is progression. Just not seeing it with Little. Maybe we can chalk it up to his "1st year with a legit QB" that throws seeds that spiral and travel further than 20 yards.

Torrey Smith is not Greg little, Smith imo was farther ahead of little based on the fact that he actally got to play in his last season before being drafted.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Torrey Smith is not Greg little, Smith imo was farther ahead of little based on the fact that he actally got to play in his last season before being drafted.

True, but they were both extremely raw coming into their rookie years. Coaching...

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

True, but they were both extremely raw coming into their rookie years. Coaching...

Torrey Smith imo is going to be a top 10 WR in the NFL and was far more ready to come in and make an impact than little was. Smith imporved and got his time, Little had to get PT becase for lack of better words there was nobody better. He has not had the benefit of having someone like Anquan Bolden, a playmaking WR to observe and take heat off of him. Who on this team can take heat off little.....? And I will maintain idc what anyone says if he makes that catch for the TD that is a Hell of a grab, a highlight reel grab.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Torrey Smith imo is going to be a top 10 WR in the NFL and was far more ready to come in and make an impact than little was. Smith imporved and got his time, Little had to get PT becase for lack of better words there was nobody better. He has not had the benefit of having someone like Anquan Bolden, a playmaking WR to observe and take heat off of him. Who on this team can take heat off little.....? And I will maintain idc what anyone says if he makes that catch for the TD that is a Hell of a grab, a highlight reel grab.

Do you find it coincidental that AJ Green, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb, Jon Baldwin have way less drops that Little? They were all drafted around him...

Look I like Little and his 'potential', but I think the game might be moving "a little too fast for him"... Let's not be too homerific, his drops are becoming inexcusable.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Do you find it coincidental that AJ Green, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb, Jon Baldwin have way less drops that Little? They were all drafted around him...

Look I like Little and his 'potential', but I think the game might be moving "a little too fast for him"... Let's not be too homerific, his drops are becoming inexcusable.

Ak and julio are beasts of a different nature. Cobb while i like does not have the emphasis in the packers offende that greg has in ours, nor does he have the pressure to be as involved as greg. And do they even throw the ball to baldwin?

NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
tricklogic wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Ak and julio are beasts of a different nature. Cobb while i like does not have the emphasis in the packers offende that greg has in ours, nor does he have the pressure to be as involved as greg. And do they even throw the ball to baldwin?

alllllllright, I gracefully bow out of this homer convo...

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where ate my points wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: