Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shurmur unhappy with Greg Little...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#browns wr Greg little said no more striking the Bolt pose because it's drawn negative attention. "if we were 3-0 everybody'd be doing it

I would hope they wouldn't be.

But okay.

At least I know he's not completely stupid.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
#browns wr Greg little said no more striking the Bolt pose because it's drawn negative attention. "if we were 3-0 everybody'd be doing it

But okay.

it really is the culture of the league now, the look at me guys far outnumber the old school guys

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I know pretty much no one agrees with me, but I still think our best reciever is returning kicks.

Little just isn't good at catching a football, and that is unfortunate considering his position.

I think Benjamin is going to be a good one, he needs to work on his hands but they don't seem like hands of stone like Little's. I haven't seen enough of Gordon to really say much, but he doesn't look bad.

If we had a reciever one on one with a corner/safety in the end zone and the ball is in the air I would choose Cribbs out of our WR's.

The ball is in the air and the WR has to adjust or come back for the ball, I choose Cribbs.

The WR is about to get blown up on a 4 yard pass that will result in a 1st down, I choose Cribbs or MoMass.

The WR runs a 15 yard patern and the ball needs to deflect off of his hands and hit the wide open reciever 10 yards behind him, I choose Little.

I think Cribbs is underrated as a WR. He hasn't been given many oppurtunities, but I've never seen him go up for a jump ball, one on one, and come down without the ball. He makes plays.

These guys need to be the vocal point of this offense:

Richardson
Cameron
Cribbs
Benjamin

Those guys present the most matchup problems, IMO. They are also explosive with the ball in their hands.

Little is a monster after the catch. Problem is, he has to catch it first.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

But okay.

it really is the culture of the league now, the look at me guys far outnumber the old school guys

I know this but he isn't making many look at me plays...

Unless you're talking about dropping wide open passes and letting them hit your chest on the 2 yard line and then get intercepted. Then yea... "Hey guys... Look at me!"

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

But okay.

I know this but he isn't making many look at me plays...

Unless you're talking about dropping wide open passes and letting them hit your chest on the 2 yard line and then get intercepted. Then yea... "Hey guys... Look at me!"

I agree with you, I am jst saying that it seems like any player in the NFL does something after doing somethign even as miniscule as making a tackle

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Ether

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
kelbot wrote:
Why are we suprised that a RB turned WR with maturity issues is in the doghouse for drops and unnecessary celebrating?

With MoMass likely out this week, Shurmur can't afford to bench Little. He's shown more promise than other high-drafted receivers, so I say stick with him. Not a lot of better options. Benji and Gordon are both too raw to be consistent, Cribbs is Cribbs, MoMass is hurt....again. Norwood is the most consistent WR on the roster, but has been inactive. I look forward to seeing him in there. Or give Coop a chance.

Bottom line; still a position of need. Confused

I pray that Gordon and Benji develop.

uh, because of his good rookie performance? I thought Little would become our go-to guy but so far that's been MoMass. I hold my breath whenever a pass is thrown in Little's direction. Too damn inconsistent.

His rookie performance, even if you would call it good, was also marred by drops, inconsistencies, and ridicoulous celebrations.

It has been his M.O. since his arrival. Not suprising.

So much this. He's was our most overrated player going into this season by far. We forced the ball to him regardless throughout his rookie year and he barring a few plays he showed nothing spectacular.
smh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting.

Singling a player out isn't good business. CALL OUT EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT'S BEEN PLAYING BAD. Point blank.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
Disgusting.
Singling a player out isn't good business. CALL OUT EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT'S BEEN PLAYING BAD. Point blank.

It is not disgusting. different players take to different forms of coaching. I know in college when it came to calling out players. the Headcoach knew which players he could call out infront of the team, he knew which players he needed to pull into his office, he knew which players that needed to be approached by their position coach and so on. Also calling out a single player can send out a warning flare that if you dont pull your act together that you could be the next person to be called out to the media

kelbot wrote:
Why are we suprised that a RB turned WR with maturity issues is in the doghouse for drops and unnecessary celebrating?

He was never a true RB, he was always a WR who played some RB. Played RB because of his physical ability. He was recruited as a WR at UNC and was a WR for UNC but would play RB for UNC when they got hit by injuries at the RB depth or wanted to get the ball into the hands. Dont make it out that he was an RB his entire left and just became a WR when he got to the Browns

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we figured out Greg Littles dropped pass problems...we need Greg Little to allow the defender to catch it than Greg Little needs to catch the defender. tonight MNF says thats a catch by the WR so, that could help Greg right???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little's easily my least favorite player on the team. I've always had a hatred for show boats, and this guy is dancing around like it's the Thriller video every time he catches a pass, which is only half the time the ball his him in his hands.

I soured on him the first time I saw him punt the ball into the crowd during a preseason game. Small wonder a guy with his attitude found himself missing an entire year of college football.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
i think we figured out Greg Littles dropped pass problems...we need Greg Little to allow the defender to catch it than Greg Little needs to catch the defender. tonight MNF says thats a catch by the WR so, that could help Greg right???

I'd like to see that against the Ravens this week, followed by him spiking the ball/db.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Little's easily my least favorite player on the team. I've always had a hatred for show boats, and this guy is dancing around like it's the Thriller video every time he catches a pass, which is only half the time the ball his him in his hands.

I soured on him the first time I saw him punt the ball into the crowd during a preseason game. Small wonder a guy with his attitude found himself missing an entire year of college football.

I'm old school, don't care for the attention grabbing stuff either. That being said, if his game made up for it I don't care.

Also MBTL (I think) was begging for that punt, so I enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

I'm old school, don't care for the attention grabbing stuff either. That being said, if his game made up for it I don't care.

That's fine, and if he had better hands I wouldn't really care what he was doing after the play, he may still be my least favorite player, but it would be much more excusable. I just find it annoying that he draws so much attention to himself, yet he hurts this team as much as he helps 80% of the time.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

F yah i was.

Pretty judgmental to think that just cause a guy showboats means that he's got a bad attitude. Joe J sure had a bad attitude because he did the first down celebration EVERY TIME HE CAUGHT A FIRST DOWN. Those Packers- they sure are thugs for doing the lambeau leap.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

F yah i was.

Pretty judgmental to think that just cause a guy showboats means that he's got a bad attitude. Joe J sure had a bad attitude because he did the first down celebration EVERY TIME HE CAUGHT A FIRST DOWN. Those Packers- they sure are thugs for doing the lambeau leap.

Don't think they do the Lambeau leap after a first down when they are down by 10 in the 4th quarter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: