Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shurmur unhappy with Greg Little...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
The coaching staff seems to have more of a sense of urgency, first with Hagg and now potentially benching Little. I like it, Little shouldn't have been getting half the looks he was getting last year. We have alternatives at that position, there's no need to play him just because you picked him high. More MoMass, Benji, Cribbs, and hell Gordon even did a little bit last game.

Well when everyone and their moms assume Haslam is going to clean house at season's end, it'd be dumb of the coaches not to have a sense of urgency. Theres no such thing as a fricken 5 year plan, just win now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Ether wrote:
The coaching staff seems to have more of a sense of urgency, first with Hagg and now potentially benching Little. I like it, Little shouldn't have been getting half the looks he was getting last year. We have alternatives at that position, there's no need to play him just because you picked him high. More MoMass, Benji, Cribbs, and hell Gordon even did a little bit last game.

Well when everyone and their moms assume Haslam is going to clean house at season's end, it'd be dumb of the coaches not to have a sense of urgency. Theres no such thing as a fricken 5 year plan, just win now.

I mean that's what I was assuming, which I'm glad for. Little doesn't deserve his #1 WR status on this team, at all. I was even pressed to say Gordon is no where near ready last Sunday. Starting Hagg was a joke.
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we suprised that a RB turned WR with maturity issues is in the doghouse for drops and unnecessary celebrating?

With MoMass likely out this week, Shurmur can't afford to bench Little. He's shown more promise than other high-drafted receivers, so I say stick with him. Not a lot of better options. Benji and Gordon are both too raw to be consistent, Cribbs is Cribbs, MoMass is hurt....again. Norwood is the most consistent WR on the roster, but has been inactive. I look forward to seeing him in there. Or give Coop a chance.

Bottom line; still a position of need. Confused

I pray that Gordon and Benji develop.
fatpig

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside from the drops and celebrations. there was one play in particular yesterday that bugged the hell out of me. i don't know if Little thought it was a run play but the ball was snapped, Weeden dropped back, and Little lined up on the outside literally just stood there and started walking forward while staring back at Weeden. it ended up being a completion i believe to Cameron. but Little straight up quit on the play. anyone else notice it?
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
Why are we suprised that a RB turned WR with maturity issues is in the doghouse for drops and unnecessary celebrating?

With MoMass likely out this week, Shurmur can't afford to bench Little. He's shown more promise than other high-drafted receivers, so I say stick with him. Not a lot of better options. Benji and Gordon are both too raw to be consistent, Cribbs is Cribbs, MoMass is hurt....again. Norwood is the most consistent WR on the roster, but has been inactive. I look forward to seeing him in there. Or give Coop a chance.

uh, because of his good rookie performance? I thought Little would become our go-to guy but so far that's been MoMass. I hold my breath whenever a pass is thrown in Little's direction. Too damn inconsistent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
kelbot wrote:

uh, because of his good rookie performance? I thought Little would become our go-to guy but so far that's been MoMass. I hold my breath whenever a pass is thrown in Little's direction. Too damn inconsistent.

His rookie performance, even if you would call it good, was also marred by drops, inconsistencies, and ridicoulous celebrations.

It has been his M.O. since his arrival. Not suprising.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
kelbot wrote:

His rookie performance, even if you would call it good, was also marred by drops, inconsistencies, and ridicoulous celebrations.

It has been his M.O. since his arrival. Not suprising.

This.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our receivers all suck. But hey, at least we didn't sign plexico, chad Johnson or TO. that would be sooo bad..........
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Hey shurmur, what about our guards and marecic?

what guards could really step in?

If Little gets bench it just opens up more time for Benji or Gordan.
sad thing is Pinkston and Lauvao are our main guards which suck. Also its not like its just our guards struggling. I say JT has struggles just as much or a little less than the guards

I'm all for letting Greco have a shot. He's not much better but the vet HAS to better at knowing his assignments and at least blocking someone.....

<3 JF
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.... While I agree Little needs to step it up, I am not so quick to write him off yet, this is still only his second year in the league, he is still learning. As to anyone who says anything about Gordon being bad... wtf were your expectations of him...... I sure as hell did not even expect him to see time yet but he is and is making a small contribution.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know pretty much no one agrees with me, but I still think our best reciever is returning kicks.

Little just isn't good at catching a football, and that is unfortunate considering his position.

I think Benjamin is going to be a good one, he needs to work on his hands but they don't seem like hands of stone like Little's. I haven't seen enough of Gordon to really say much, but he doesn't look bad.

If we had a reciever one on one with a corner/safety in the end zone and the ball is in the air I would choose Cribbs out of our WR's.

The ball is in the air and the WR has to adjust or come back for the ball, I choose Cribbs.

The WR is about to get blown up on a 4 yard pass that will result in a 1st down, I choose Cribbs or MoMass.

The WR runs a 15 yard patern and the ball needs to deflect off of his hands and hit the wide open reciever 10 yards behind him, I choose Little.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#browns wr Greg little said no more striking the Bolt pose because it's drawn negative attention. "if we were 3-0 everybody'd be doing it
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Our receivers all suck. But hey, at least we didn't sign plexico, chad Johnson or TO. that would be sooo bad..........

Because all the other teams in the League have been clamoring for these guys.... O wait.

What the hell would any of them bring to the table?

They would take away reps from our young guys who need them badly if they hope to improve.

One of those cancers isn't going to help our receiving core. Would you want any one of those guys mentoring our young WR's about the merits of how to go about things???

LOL

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

They aren't signed because they SUCK.

My God, was is this forums fascination with these guys? They are past their primes and FINISHED.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

They aren't signed because they SUCK.

My God, was is this forums fascination with these guys? They are past their primes and FINISHED.

yea the dolphins are starting freakin Davon Bess and Brian Hartline

BRAYLON FREAKING BEAT OUT TO

And does anything really need to be said about Plax.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: