Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#1 Def, #1 NFC E, Injuries, Tweets and more
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: #1 Def, #1 NFC E, Injuries, Tweets and more Reply with quote

Cowboys #1 Ranked Def (YPG)

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys set the bar pretty high for this franchise. They do not value a win like the Carolina Panthers or Cincinnati Bengals value a win. They have a higher goal in mind at all times based on the 5 Lombardi Trophies and world titles. This has turned the modern-day Cowboys' fan into one of the more self-loathing fan bases in sports today.

In a normal 9 or 10 win season, based on the fans I hear from, the Cowboys win about 3 games a year against teams so bad that the fans won't allow themselves to smile. Then, the Cowboys win about 3 more other games each year where the team didn't play well. So they aren't happy about those wins either because "that will never do in January" or "If this team thinks they can win with that effort each week, they have another thing coming".

By the time all of the complaining after wins is done, that leaves roughly 3 to 4 days each calendar year when most Dallas Cowboys fans allow themselves to feel good about the football team that they follow. That constitutes about 1 percent of each year, with the other 99 percent spent wishing that Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were still here to teach these guys what good football looks like. Because surely, those two never made mistakes, threw the ball into coverage, or won a game the ugly way.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/09/24/12/Remembering-that-wins-are-good/landing.html?blockID=794839&feedID=10194

Quote:
https://twitter.com/jonmachota

Claiborne: "When (the offense gets) in rhythm, those guys can go. You seen that the1st week. We just have to try to have each others backs."

-------------

Sean Lee: "We were frustrated with last week (in Seattle). We needed to find a way to play a complete game and I think all units did that."

------------

Dez Bryant on Tony Romo: "That guy is a monster. Some quarterbacks take hits like that and probably wouldn't want to get back in the game."

------------

Brandon Carr on playing safety: "I can see myself doing whatever it takes, as long as at the end of the game we've got the most points."

Playing safety means more work at practice for Brandon Carr. His response: "That's fine. I like to work. They pay me enough to work."

Quote:
4.) The game ball goes to Brandon Carr. The $50 million free agent was everywhere Sunday. He played corner on Vincent Jackson and safety when Barry Church exited. With the help of Mike Jenkins, Carr held the Tampa Bay star receiver to one catch. Through three games, it certainly seems like Carr was worth the money.

“He’s a guy that we can put him at different places and still not lose anything,” Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne said of Carr. “It’s great if you have guys that can do that. We called on him at the last minute to step in, and he didn’t turn it down.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/cowboys-thoughts-brandon-carr-gets-game-ball-offensive-line-is-getting-worse.html/

Quote:
“I don’t want to say too much of being upset,” Bryant said. “It was just me being emotional and passionate like I am always. That’s how I play the game. If I didn’t be that way, I wouldn’t be myself. I just felt like, ‘Hey, I can beat this guy’ and basically that was it.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/dez-bryant-tv-camera-caught-me-being-emotional-and-passionate.html/

Quote:
He was diagnosed with a bruise.

“I don’t know if I landed on the ball or (Eric Wright's) arm or what,” said Austin, who said he felt fine after the game.

Rookie cornerback Morris Claiborne left the game with 44 seconds to play after he said his left pinky came out of place. He said after the game he was fine. Linebacker Bruce Carter lost his helmet on a play and also left the game, but he returned. Carter said he didn't suffer a concussion but did take questions from the medical staff on the sidelines.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4698204/miles-austin-suffers-bruised-ribs

Quote:

“We’ve just got to do a better job running the ball,” Murray said. “All day long, it was tough. There wasn’t a lot of creases up there. When there was, there was two really, really bad plays by me. I got tripped up, let a guy arm tackle me. It definitely could have been two home runs for me, and it didn’t happen.”

Murray finished with only 38 yards on 18 carries, losing yardage seven times. Felix Jones lost a yard on his lone carry, bringing his season rushing yardage total back to zero.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4698185/demarco-murray-weve-got-to-do-a-better-job-running-the-ball

Quote:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- After three weeks, the Cowboys are tied for first place in the NFC East.

Dallas, the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles are tied at 2-1. The Cowboys beat New York in Week 1.

"We all know that there's a lot to work on here, but the good news is we won one with doing a lot of things that can cause you to lose them," Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said. "I think (Tony) Romo told me, 'That's a Pittsburgh game right there.' When you're not looking pretty, you figure out a way to get a win. They stayed in there and competed. I was really pleased to see Dez (Bryant) compete the way he did at the end of the ballgame in the second half. That helped us out a lot."
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4698210/cowboys-are-in-first-place

NON-COWBOYS NEWS

Revis out for year

I never like to see a player injured. But this brought up an interesting thought:

Revis is out for the year
Suggs is out until November
Allen has not got it going yet this year

Does that make Ware the front runner for DPOY? He is the best player on the #1 defense in the NFL...

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love the attitude Carr has. Willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. Those type of personalities are infectious in the locker room, and when you combine that with the likes of Romo, Ware, Witten, Bryant, Murray and Lee...we definitely have a much better locker room than we did a few years ago. Kudos to Jerruh and Jason on that.

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved that first article. It describes this fan base perfectly.

As for Ware as the DPOY, Sean Lee might have something to say about that.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Matthews is off to a terrific start to the season, so he'll be in the running.

Cortland Finnegan has been great in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

I love Lee. And I completely understand the infatuation we all have with him around here.

There is absolutely 0 chance that S. Lee will be DPOY. Ware has to be the leading candidate 3 weeks in, though.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ware has 4 sacks through 3 games, but Matthews has 6 through 2. Laughing

Also, JJ Watt and Patrick Willis have to be considered for DPOY.

But Ware definitely has a shot if he leads the league in sacks and we have a top ranked defense.

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I love Lee. And I completely understand the infatuation we all have with him around here.

There is absolutely 0 chance that S. Lee will be DPOY. Ware has to be the leading candidate 3 weeks in, though.

He may not win it, but he should at the very least be in contention if he continues his current level of play.

After watching Clay Matthews absolutely abuse J'Marcus Webb, I hope we see Ryan utilize some of the same formations. I'll be disappointed if Ware doesn't get at least three sacks next Monday night.

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I don't mean Lee would win over Ware. I mean Ware might not get as many votes because of Lee. Some people will say that because teams have to account for Lee, Ware gets less attention. Even if it is a buncha BS, people will say it.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
DalCowboyzRule

Desperado82 wrote:
I'll be disappointed if Ware doesn't get at least three sacks next Monday night.

I'll be more than cool with it if Ware has 2 sacks vs the Bears, and the rest of the defense piles up 5 or 6 more. Wink Very Happy

green24 wrote:

Haters gon' hate.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Loved the articles. The first one is spot on.

And I think people are understating the real value we have had on defense. Sweet Mary, if not for ST botches we could very well lead the league in points given up as well. The defense is playing lights out. We always talk about how Defense wins championships - well we have that. This isn't just the Ware show anymore. Even the Spencer critics have been silenced. Rob Ryan has done a hell of a job.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

And I think people are understating the real value we have had on defense. Sweet Mary, if not for ST botches we could very well lead the league in points given up as well. The defense is playing lights out. We always talk about how Defense wins championships - well we have that. This isn't just the Ware show anymore. Even the Spencer critics have been silenced. Rob Ryan has done a hell of a job.

Ratliff hasn't even played a game yet. We lost our starting strong safety midway through last night's game, we had Sensabaugh already out and yet we still have one of the better defenses in the league.

It will be interesting to see how they perform at full strength.

^^^Deadpulse
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

It just feels so good to finally have a badass secondary. Very Happy

green24 wrote:

Haters gon' hate.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Ware has 4 sacks through 3 games, but Matthews has 6 through 2. Laughing

Also, JJ Watt and Patrick Willis have to be considered for DPOY.

But Ware definitely has a shot if he leads the league in sacks and we have a top ranked defense.

He also has 0 FF and less tackles.

I guess I am just not that high on Matthews after a sub-par season last year.

plan9misfit wrote:

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Murray's comment. He didn't completely blame the OL for the running game's struggles, but also acknowledged that he made a couple of poor plays. Good for him to make that remark.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I don't mean Lee would win over Ware. I mean Ware might not get as many votes because of Lee. Some people will say that because teams have to account for Lee, Ware gets less attention. Even if it is a buncha BS, people will say it.

I will ish a brick if that happens. Weve already seen Suggs and Harrison steal 2 DMVP's from Ware.. and they are SURROUNDED by all-pros.

plan9misfit wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: