Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wost pick since 1999 quarterfinals

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Worst pick?
David Veikune
94%
 94%  [ 18 ]
Marquis Smith
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5313
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Wost pick since 1999 quarterfinals Reply with quote

1. David Veikune 2nd 0 Stats 10 games

vs.

8. Marquis Smith 3rd 11 Tackles 1 Sack 4 Pass Defense

I think this first matchup should be a run away victory for Veikune, but that doesn't change the fact that Marquis Smith was pretty darn awful.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12131
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veikune.... Atleast smith made a contribution as little as it was, it was 10x that of Veikunes. UGGGH man that 2nd round really hurt us
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12131
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robiskie/ Veikune- Could have had Jarius Byrd, Connor Barwin, Andy Levitre, Lesean Mccoy, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith


Crying or Very sad I hate you Eric Mangini
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16049
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just hand this whole thing to Veikune now and dispense with any sort of formality?

There was no worse pick for the Browns, ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13175
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember talking to pmk about possibly grabbing Veikune with a late round flyer pick in FFMD. Even THAT would have been a bad decision.

2nd rounder?

Horrendous call.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1891
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Can we just hand this whole thing to Veikune now and dispense with any sort of formality?

There was no worse pick for the Browns, ever.


He is also my favorite to take it all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6114
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Brady Quinn not make the poll? He.would be .number one
Veikune is number 2.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7900
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Did Brady Quinn not make the poll? He.would be .number one
Veikune is number 2.


He at least netted us Hillis, who at least produced something.

Veikune is a 2nd rounder who couldn't make the active roster.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5313
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Did Brady Quinn not make the poll? He.would be .number one
Veikune is number 2.


He at least netted us Hillis, who at least produced something.

Veikune is a 2nd rounder who couldn't make the active roster.


Well using your logic in the Robiskie/Wilson debate then it should be Brady Quinn because he was a higher pick who actually cost us even more than just a 1st while Veikune was picked 30 spots behind and we didn't give up anything extra. Pick a thought process and stick with it its either the higher pick is automatically the worst pick because he was a higher pick or pick the worst player. Veikune is easily the worst player but this isn't about who the worst player or none of the 16 I pick would have even made the list.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatpig


Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 2200
Location: cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh. all of these "worst picks" threads are so depressing. we all know the Browns have sucked at drafting for 13 years now. i voted Veikune but that'll be the end of my participation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7900
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Did Brady Quinn not make the poll? He.would be .number one
Veikune is number 2.


He at least netted us Hillis, who at least produced something.

Veikune is a 2nd rounder who couldn't make the active roster.


Well using your logic in the Robiskie/Wilson debate then it should be Brady Quinn because he was a higher pick who actually cost us even more than just a 1st while Veikune was picked 30 spots behind and we didn't give up anything extra. Pick a thought process and stick with it its either the higher pick is automatically the worst pick because he was a higher pick or pick the worst player. Veikune is easily the worst player but this isn't about who the worst player or none of the 16 I pick would have even made the list.



_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group