Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pnies20 the underrated mocker's mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Pnies20 the underrated mocker's mock Reply with quote

I have to do a mock. The draft is the only thing keeping me from insanity

Scenario: We end up with 2 wins drafting #2. Someone takes a QB #1 and another team covets the next QB in line. We trade from 2 to 4 and get a 2nd and 5th.

Haslam goes out and spends some cash in free agency:
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Haden and DRC? Omg.

4. Jarvis Jones OLB/DE - Our Von Miller. Stud in all aspects of the D
36. Chance Warmack G - We need to dominate the run game
68. John Simon DE/le'veon bell/Eric Reid S

<3 JF

Last edited by pnies20 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the love of Jarvis Jones and I would love to have him on our team, but it is a wasted pick unless we change our defensive philosophy because aside from Philadelphia we never blitz. Sorry, but you don't draft a pass rushing linebacker to have him play run defense and pass coverage.

Love Warmack but don't think he makes it out of round 1. Better player than DeCastro.

John Simon is the most overrated DE in the draft. I think he goes 5th maybe 4th at best.

Jamison on the sig
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I get the love of Jarvis Jones and I would love to have him on our team, but it is a wasted pick unless we change our defensive philosophy because aside from Philadelphia we never blitz. Sorry, but you don't draft a pass rushing linebacker to have him play run defense and pass coverage.

Love Warmack but don't think he makes it out of round 1. Better player than DeCastro.

John Simon is the most overrated DE in the draft. I think he goes 5th maybe 4th at best.

I'm not sure if Denver blitzes that much yet Miller is still a great player. He doesn't need to blitz a lot to have a positive impact on the game.

I would love Jarvis Jones even though I don't think LB will be much of a need. Gocong has proven to be a solid SLB and Robertson and Fort look good as well. Plus we don't know how JMJ will turn out. Still, adding a player as good as Jones could be the difference between having a good defense and having an elite defense.

I would be fine drafting Warmack but I'd prefer to sign a guard via free agency. The Browns have enough young and inexperienced linemen, so they should sign a veteran who's still relatively young. Lauvao definitely needs to be replaced and there's a good chance that Pinkston will need to be replaced as well, although I haven't given up on him. Therefore, maybe the Browns could sign a guard via free agency and draft one as well.

Everyone says the Browns need a dynamic pass rusher at defensive end and I doubt Simon would be that dynamic pass rusher. I like him, but I don't think he's the type of pass rusher we're looking for. There's several defensive ends who I'd rather have over him.

Smack on the sig.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I'm not sure if Denver blitzes that much yet Miller is still a great player. He doesn't need to blitz a lot to have a positive impact on the game.

I would love Jarvis Jones even though I don't think LB will be much of a need. Gocong has proven to be a solid SLB and Robertson and Fort look good as well. Plus we don't know how JMJ will turn out. Still, adding a player as good as Jones could be the difference between having a good defense and having an elite defense.

I would be fine drafting Warmack but I'd prefer to sign a guard via free agency. The Browns have enough young and inexperienced linemen, so they should sign a veteran who's still relatively young. Lauvao definitely needs to be replaced and there's a good chance that Pinkston will need to be replaced as well, although I haven't given up on him. Therefore, maybe the Browns could sign a guard via free agency and draft one as well.

Everyone says the Browns need a dynamic pass rusher at defensive end and I doubt Simon would be that dynamic pass rusher. I like him, but I don't think he's the type of pass rusher we're looking for. There's several defensive ends who I'd rather have over him.

The dynamic pass rusher is Jones. That's the whole point of drafting him that high.

<3 JF
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

The dynamic pass rusher is Jones. That's the whole point of drafting him that high.

I understand that. But if the Browns are going to draft a DE, they should draft one who's a really good pass rusher. They already have a defensive end who's good at stuffing the run in Rucker. Just because they drafted Jones doesn't mean they don't need another pass rusher. Since this league has become so pass-oriented, you can never have too many good pass rushers.

Smack on the sig.
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last year, I would assume the price from moving from 4 to 2 for a QB would be a bit higher.

Would assume a next years first or so would be mandatory.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:

Week one- Von Miller played 77 snaps, rushed the passer 41 times.

Week two- 66/30
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I understand that. But if the Browns are going to draft a DE, they should draft one who's a really good pass rusher. They already have a defensive end who's good at stuffing the run in Rucker. Just because they drafted Jones doesn't mean they don't need another pass rusher. Since this league has become so pass-oriented, you can never have too many good pass rushers.

Dude... He is an awesome pass rusher. Have you not watched him?

<3 JF
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too upset with this

That being said, the Eagles have the most cap space in the NFL atm (how? I don't know), so they won't be letting DRC go anywhere. Womack is a better guard than DeCastro was (I know this has been said, but it needs to be known), he won't make it out of that 1st round

In the trade down I'd want a 1st rounder next year for Jadaveon Clowney, that's my pipe dream
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

That being said, the Eagles have the most cap space in the NFL atm (how? I don't know), so they won't be letting DRC go anywhere. Womack is a better guard than DeCastro was (I know this has been said, but it needs to be known), he won't make it out of that 1st round

In the trade down I'd want a 1st rounder next year for Jadaveon Clowney, that's my pipe dream

Pork Chop!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Dude... He is an awesome pass rusher. Have you not watched him?

Yes. I believe I was one of the first people on here saying I wanted to draft him. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt to add another good pass rusher. Having 1-2 good pass rushers on a team isn't good enough in today's NFL.

Smack on the sig.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

DRC would be an ideal CB for us. Throw some money at him!

I agree Warmack is better than Decastro. Totally different type of player. If he doesn't slip out of the 1st or we don't trade up for him (both unlikely) I'd love to get Frederick, the G from Wisc. LOVE him for our run game too.

<3 JF
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

DRC would be an ideal CB for us. Throw some money at him!

I agree Warmack is better than Decastro. Totally different type of player. If he doesn't slip out of the 1st or we don't trade up for him (both unlikely) I'd love to get Frederick, the G from Wisc. LOVE him for our run game too.

If we were not able to get DRC. I would love to see

Dee Millner
Xavier Rhodes
Justin Gilbert
Johnthan Banks
StewieRules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pnies20 read my mind

My scenario (and the reason for doing it at all) was eerily similar, I had us swapping with KC for the number two spot - Oakland gets Barkley, KC gets Wilson, we're at number six. We swap 2013 1sts, add a 2nd and a 2014 1st. I also had us trading down two spots with the Vikings, adding an additional 2nd.

1 - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal - Tall, dynamic WR who CATCHES THE DAMN BALL. Tenn's Hunter is also possible if he tests out, I think Woods will be gone by this spot.

2a - Barrett Jones, G, Alabama - Warmack would be the pick if he lasts, Frederick would also be a solid selection.

2b - Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois - fast rushing end who hits like a truck, he spells Rucker on passing downs.

3 - Jonathan Brown, OLB, Illinoiis - I like our LBs but pnies is right, you can never have too many pass rushers. Brown gets to the qb but has also proven his worth in space.

4a - Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia - slips due to some character concerns but worth the gamble here.

4b - Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas - Not a giant TE but he catches the DAMN BALL and his blocking is better than avg for the position. After Cameron, who do we really have at TE? Watson may well be gone and Smith is avg at best.

FA's -
DRC, CB - a true tall vet opposite Haden would be a difference-maker

Byrd, S, Buff - young quality player to finish off what could be the best secondary in the AFC

It is so tempting to take Jones with the 1st round pick & maybe Stills, WR, Oklahoma in the 2nd (could be another way to go) I know the BPA vs need debate but after watching so far this year, I think these positions are screaming upgrade. Dont see any guards in FA worth signing, but a trade for one is not out of the realm of possibility.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Pork Chop!!!!

LOL, I didn't even realize I typed Womack. Nice catch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: