Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets CB Darrelle Revis torn ACL, Out for Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geeknhard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss for the Jets. The only thing that can possibly salvage their season now is benching Sanchy & putting in the One.
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible. Hopefully Revis can come back and be dominant again next year.

The Jets look like a 6 win team.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geeknhard wrote:
Tough loss for the Jets. The only thing that can possibly salvage their season now is benching Sanchy & putting in the One.

In case you've never seen Tebow play QB (which it appears you havent) the Jets have a better chance of saving the season putting Tebow at CB than QB.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
theJ wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I knew that would happen as well. I honestly hate when people go for the knees. That is sad man and this is coming from a giants fan.

Don't think that's what happened. I heard his knee just buckled, untouched.

From what I saw, this is the case. His foot got caught in the turf and the knee just buckled. Can't do anything about that.

Usually this is the case when it is a true ACL tear. At the time of a knee injury if there is contact with someone else look for MCL or something with the meniscus to be the problem.

Sig brought to you by Justo
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This truly sucks for the Jets. The positive I see is that we're seeing more and more players comeback sucessfully without losing that much of a step (Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, even Kenny Britt). Hopefully Revis will be next.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Bills fan, I know what it's like to lose your best player, hell we lost our top two last year (Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson). Best of luck to you.

#JDI
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Bittersweet for the Jets. At least now they've guaranteed a top 10-15 pick and a chance to draft a real quarterback. One of the Tylers would be a nice fit for them.

Knowing the Jets they'd play themselves out of such an opportunity.

But seriously, this is a devastating blow to the Jets. I feel pretty confident in saying that sans the elite QB's, no player means more to their team than Revis.

Fortunately, the Jets do have Cromartie and Wilson, but let's be real, those two aren't striking fear into anyone.

The Jets already had a pitiful third down defense so far this season, and it's about to get worse.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
Bittersweet for the Jets. At least now they've guaranteed a top 10-15 pick and a chance to draft a real quarterback. One of the Tylers would be a nice fit for them.

Knowing the Jets they'd play themselves out of such an opportunity.

But seriously, this is a devastating blow to the Jets. I feel pretty confident in saying that sans the elite QB's, no player means more to their team than Revis.

Fortunately, the Jets do have Cromartie and Wilson, but let's be real, those two aren't striking fear into anyone.

The Jets already had a pitiful third down defense so far this season, and it's about to get worse.

Wilson is soooo much better at left corner than anywhere else it isn't funny. I had him in my top 5 in the 2010 draft because of his ability as a left corner.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I knew that would happen as well. I honestly hate when people go for the knees. That is sad man and this is coming from a giants fan.

Oh my bad, youre right. Cos i saw player go low at revis but now that i saw it, i see it was a non contact injury.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain Jets fans. To lose your best player this early is like a swift kick to the nuts.

Best luck to Revis and Jets fans.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Mike Jenkins still out there looking to be traded. I could see the Jets making a move for some depth.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Is Mike Jenkins still out there looking to be traded. I could see the Jets making a move for some depth.

I don't really see them making a move to be honest. I think they're just going to role with Cromartie and Wilson, and have Lankster in the nickel. At least I hope they won't be giving up any draft picks for a struggling player.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Well we just lost safety Barry Church for the season so I doubt we trade anyone in the secondary now.

In fact Brandon Carr played safety for the 2nd half yesterday and we had Claiborne, Jenkins and Scandrick play CB.

Also, this news sucks for the Jets and everyone (including me) who drafted the Jets D/ST. Sad

Last edited by DalCowboyzRule on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Doubtful. Carr had to play safety this weekend due too injuries. Jenkins stepped in and man-handled V Jax.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
theJ wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

From what I saw, this is the case. His foot got caught in the turf and the knee just buckled. Can't do anything about that.

Usually this is the case when it is a true ACL tear. At the time of a knee injury if there is contact with someone else look for MCL or something with the meniscus to be the problem.

Correct. I'm sure there is a meniscus tear associated with this (any time one of the ACL/MCL type ligaments tear, it's usually accompanied with a rip in the meniscus) but it's probably a very small tear at most.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: