Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Should Do For QB in 2013?
Start Mike Vick
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Start Nick Foles
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Draft QB To Be New Starter (1st-2nd)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Draft QB To Compete For Starting Job (2nd-7th)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Trade/Sign FA QB To Start
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Trade/Sign FA QB To Compete For Starting Job
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: QB 2013 Reply with quote

In this scenario we're assuming we finish missing the playoffs and continued our sloppy inconsistent crap play. I'm going to give us an 8-8 record for the sake of this, and just say we pick 15th in the draft. Now what do you WANT us to do for the QB position, not what you think will happen.

Personally I want us to draft a QB in the 2nd-4th round range to compete with Foles (unless he got to start and looked really good this year) for the starting job. I really don't think Foles will suck, but I'm not sure he'll ever be an above average starter. Drafting a QB decently early will ensure we have a solid backup plan to Foles in case he doesn't pan out, or doesn't show any potential to eventually become a great QB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all probability, we go 8-8 we get a new HC, he'll want his own QB, it'll either be Foles, 1st Rounder or a FA

The Blah's guess would be first rounder

eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Foles unless we make it far into the Playoffs.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give a definitive answer right now. At the end of the season, we will have a pretty good handle on things and know whether or not we'll need a new QB.

Foles will undoubtedly get some playing time this year. We all pretty much know we will finish .500 or under. This team just isn't good. Andy and the rest of the staff, the o-line, and Vick are holding us back.

If Foles takes over for Vick (it's just a question of when) and plays well, then whoever comes in to replace Andy very well may just stick with him. Even though Foles wasn't "his guy", as in he didn't draft him, he very well may like Foles a lot and could spend our first round pick on a tackle. I mean, what coach wouldn't (again this is assuming he plays like we all think he would after the preseason) want a 6'5 QB with a big arm, great accuracy, quick release, and excellent awareness?

Say Foles does play well, but the new coach wants his own QB. This would mean trade. Foles' trade value would probably be pretty high seeing as he is a very young QB who just came off a season in which he played very well. Our new coach would look to get a nice draft pick for him. We could then use that pick to trade up to get Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson or whoever the coach is in love with.

If Foles flops, we will be looking at a new QB as well. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to get anything for him in a trade so we'd likely keep him on as a backup. The new HC would then want to get a QB via the draft.

So it basically comes down to Foles and our new Head Coach. I personally think Foles has a chance to be our franchise quarterback. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben. If he plays very well, then the Eagles would be a very enticing team for any Head Coach we are looking at. He would take over a team with a 2nd year QB who showed franchise potential, and that is just a few steps away from being a contender.

What I WANT is for Foles to play great that way we can use our high picks on offensive line, safety, and wr. If we're going to take a QB in the first, I only want Wilson or Geno Smith. If we're gonna get one later, I'd prefer Aaron Murray or Derek Carr.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft a qb as highly as we can and let him complete with Foles in training camp.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 5 starting rookie quarterbacks and only one, Andrew Luck, lost this weekend.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
There are 5 starting rookie quarterbacks and only one, Andrew Luck, lost this weekend.

yeah and Nick Foles looked better than most of them in the pre season.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

But bro that doesn't even matter!!!1111
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we go with an OL with first pick, then get the best QB we can with our second pick

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
I say we go with an OL with first pick, then get the best QB we can with our second pick

That's dumb. How many elite second round pick qbs are there in the nfl?

1? Drew Brees?

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

But bro that doesn't even matter!!!1111

Yes please quit talking about preseason. Demeco looked garbage but now hes our best defensive player. PRESEASON don't mean diddly.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To properly answer the thread:

Quote:
I'm going to give us an 8-8 record for the sake of this, and just say we pick 15th in the draft. Now what do you WANT us to do for the QB position, not what you think will happen.

If we go 8-8, and pick 15th in the draft...

Abandon the Vick project, which his contract allows us to do perfectly. This was his 2 year try-out on the mega contract. Blame the line, blame the defense, blame the playcalling, blame the receivers, whatever may be the case, Vick has never been a good quarterback in the NFL and will never be.

Pull the plug and move on.

I would prefer to keep Reid though. Lurie should fire Mornhinweg and the management as a whole should look to finding an offensive coordinator who is more keen of the run game.

As far as quarterback goes, keep Trent, keep Foles, but use #15 and use our resources to getting this offensive line in shape.

Spend the year with Foles or Trent battling it out, if neither pan out, then use the first pick the following season for a quarterback.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea!

2013 1st, 2nd
&
2014 2nd
&
2015 1st

for

Tony Romo.

DONE!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly feel like no matter what, were gonna go through some growing pains. Might be a few down years for the birds and up years for the rest of the division. Well maybe not Dallas....ha
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
To properly answer the thread:

Quote:
I'm going to give us an 8-8 record for the sake of this, and just say we pick 15th in the draft. Now what do you WANT us to do for the QB position, not what you think will happen.

If we go 8-8, and pick 15th in the draft...

Abandon the Vick project, which his contract allows us to do perfectly. This was his 2 year try-out on the mega contract. Blame the line, blame the defense, blame the playcalling, blame the receivers, whatever may be the case, Vick has never been a good quarterback in the NFL and will never be.

Pull the plug and move on.

I would prefer to keep Reid though. Lurie should fire Mornhinweg and the management as a whole should look to finding an offensive coordinator who is more keen of the run game.

As far as quarterback goes, keep Trent, keep Foles, but use #15 and use our resources to getting this offensive line in shape.

Spend the year with Foles or Trent battling it out, if neither pan out, then use the first pick the following season for a quarterback.

O-line is #1 priority. We need to give Foles a chance and we're never going to see how good he actually is behind this horrible o-line.

Plus why would we want to draft a rookie QB and throw him behind the worst line ever?

Let Foles take over. Fix o-line. See what happens. If Foles doesn't work out, at least our o-line is better and we can look for a QB in 2014

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: