Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Maclin still our best pure receiver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was T.O so good?

He was physically and mentally stronger and then every corner he faced..the dude was repping 70 pounds on hammer curls, where Maclin probably couldn't rep 40 pounds... T.O just bullied every press corner around then blew by them... Maclin just tries to run around them and does this pathetic chicken like slap he calls getting off a press...

Watch when we play some one tough in December , Maclin and Jackson wont even be in the game, they will be pushed out of bounds every play.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is water over the bridge at this point but... I knew you guys should have drafted Percy Harvin over Maclin
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
I know this is water over the bridge at this point but... I knew you guys should have drafted Percy Harvin over Maclin

I wanted Nicks myself.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade Avant for pretty much all those guys Hockey listed. Cobb absolutely. Same with Jeffrey.

However, I don't think Jeffrey is a 3rd WR. He's the #2 I believe.

I would trade Maclin for Jeffrey straight up, to be totally honest. Jeffrey is very legit and I really, really want a big WR next to DeSean.

Hopefully, we take someone like Dobson, Da'Rick Rogers, or Marquess Wilson in the 2013 draft. We so desperately need a big WR and red zone target. We could also move Maclin to the slot where he'd be much better. I could actually see him being one of the better slot receivers in the league. Just, he's gonna want #1 WR money, sooo...I don't think he's worth it.

Was a huge Maclin fan all the way up to this season. After watching him this year, I am pretty much over him. Dude's been really disappointing. Not to mention his obvious injury concerns..He also has made some bad drops in key moments the past few years.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
...he hasn't shown me anything. Reggie Brown II.

Laughing
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the guy can be a good receiver. He has the physical attributes to be. But this is his fourth year and he doesn't seem to have the mental toughness or the drive to improve. I'm really disappointed with him.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
I still think the guy can be a good receiver. He has the physical attributes to be. But this is his fourth year and he doesn't seem to have the mental toughness or the drive to improve. I'm really disappointed with him.

Brick wall

Maclin have had problems with injuries, last year, cancer scare, this year some hip stuff.

I'm not on the Maclin-Wagon, but let's atleast not go overboard.

If Maclin can keep healthy, I think he could be a WR, but sadly for him he came to a team where he should be the "Big Receiver", put him on a team where he stays healthy and he can be the finesse guy and he would be fine.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

Brick wall

Maclin have had problems with injuries, last year, cancer scare, this year some hip stuff.

I'm not on the Maclin-Wagon, but let's atleast not go overboard.

If Maclin can keep healthy, I think he could be a WR, but sadly for him he came to a team where he should be the "Big Receiver", put him on a team where he stays healthy and he can be the finesse guy and he would be fine.

I don't mean it because of the illness he had last off season. But because he plays smaller than DeSean and seems to be softer too. I haven't seen his quickness at all this year.

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maclin has amassed 2,891 career receiving yards, the fourth-highest total ever by an Eagle in his first four seasons. His 22 touchdowns are sixth.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Quote:
Maclin has amassed 2,891 career receiving yards, the fourth-highest total ever by an Eagle in his first four seasons. His 22 touchdowns are sixth.

Wow, he really is incosisntent. Very nice stats for a guy who shows up for like half the games.

PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Quote:

That proves how average at best he is as an NFL receiver because the Eagles don't have a long list of great receivers like some other clubs.
top 4 in Eagles receiving yardage:
Harold Carmichael 8978
Pete Retzlaff 7412
Mike Quick 6464
Pete Pihos 5619

Lee Evans during his days with the Buffalo Bills would rank 4th on our all time list at 5934. Laughing
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.

I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Quote:

Not sure where you got this from, but DeSean put up 4,085 rec yards in his first 4 seasons. Maclin would then be 5th I guess, although he still has the rest of the season to beat DeSean's 4 year total. The 22 TDs are not bad though, as DeSean only had 21 in 4 full years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11283/desean-jackson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12579/jeremy-maclin
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Quote:

Not sure where you got this from, but DeSean put up 4,085 rec yards in his first 4 seasons. Maclin would then be 5th I guess, although he still has the rest of the season to beat DeSean's 4 year total. The 22 TDs are not bad though, as DeSean only had 21 in 4 full years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11283/desean-jackson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12579/jeremy-maclin

Hmm, though I had the source afterwards.

source

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: