Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Maclin still our best pure receiver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Percy Harvin coming out and I liked Nicks better than Maclin, amazing that they both fill needs better than Maclin. I don't see any reason why DHB couldn't put up the same numbers as Maclin if he played for the Eagles.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's as soft as toilet paper.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Still?

Has he ever been our best pure receiver?

He's a bigger, slight slower, far less sturdy version of DeSean

After his second and beginning of third year it was pretty much the consensus around here.

I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with him, I expected much more after that second season. But the guys seems to be softer than DeSean despite being much bigger and his choking is something that has to be mentioned too.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choking thing is just being sour, I remember a great catch against Denver right before the game winning field goal a few years back.

Some interesting Maclin nuggets:

Maclin holds the record for youngest player ever to catch a postseason touchdown.

Also holds postseason game record for most yards as an Eagle.

2010-2011 Maclin led the league in redzone touchdowns tying Hakeem Nicks.

#jussaying

And don't get mad at me, I understand he's flawed, just being fair.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he could stay healthy he would be...but he cant....so we need to get ourselves a WR and quick.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Choking thing is just being sour, I remember a great catch against Denver right before the game winning field goal a few years back.

Some interesting Maclin nuggets:

Maclin holds the record for youngest player ever to catch a postseason touchdown.

Also holds postseason game record for most yards as an Eagle.

2010-2011 Maclin led the league in redzone touchdowns tying Hakeem Nicks.

#jussaying

And don't get mad at me, I understand he's flawed, just being fair.

Yes I remember the Denver game. That was really clutch by him and McNabb but even Tony Romo has 4th quarter comebacks. His chokes outweigh his clutch catches.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Every single human being on the internet, media, wherever that said that Maclin is or will be the Eagles #1 receiver, best receiver, or any reference to that mode of thinking is a CLOWN! I told all of you he was not better than Desean in any way and certainly was not a #1 receiver. Before I said that he was not better than Desean, I spent time telling everyone that all of the comparisons between him and Desean where Maclin was said, as an NFL prospect, to be a Desean 2.0 were erroneous. He's a Desean in terms of his limitations (inability to break tackles, inability to fight for the ball in the air, inability to take hits), but he doesn't bring Desean's ability to make a big play on special teams, carrying the football, or turning a short pass into a long touchdown.

Maclin is a solid NFL player, and so were James Thrash and Kevin Curtis...

You're quite dense.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Phire wrote:
I just don't understand how our organization, whose coaching staff has to plan for a guy like Fitzgerald, doesn't see the value in a physically dominant receiver.

I mean they gameplan for them, fail, even with our best corner, and yet they don't seem to understand the value of a taller, physical receiver.

It's like they aren't paying attention.

And I'm not saying a guys like Fitzgerald are easy to get, but we need to diversify our receivers by having a guy who will win physically and not rely on several speed guys.

I'm still a Maclin fan though, but obviously having him and Jackson in the same offense is a setback really for both players and the offense because they have the same weaknesses, and a defense tailored to those weaknesses can kill two birds with one stone.

Edit: phone posting typos

#signplax

What the hell is Plax going to do to stop all the turnovers....?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Phire wrote:
I just don't understand how our organization, whose coaching staff has to plan for a guy like Fitzgerald, doesn't see the value in a physically dominant receiver.

I mean they gameplan for them, fail, even with our best corner, and yet they don't seem to understand the value of a taller, physical receiver.

And I'm not saying a guys like Fitzgerald are easy to get, but we need to diversify our receivers by having a guy who will win physically and not rely on several speed guys.

I'm still a Maclin fan though, but obviously having him and Jackson in the same offense is a setback really for both players and the offense because they have the same weaknesses, and a defense tailored to those weaknesses can kill two birds with one stone.

#signplax

Yeah I don't think a guy that shot himself in the thigh can prevent the Eagles from shooting themselves in the foot...
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Phire wrote:

#signplax

Yeah I don't think a guy that shot himself can prevent the Eagles from shooting themselves...

Very nicely put.. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-desperately-need-Maclin-back-vs-G?blockID=778951&feedID=692

Quote:
It looks like Maclin will be healthy enough to play against the Giants Sunday night after missing the Arizona loss with hip injuries – a hip flexor strain and a hip pointer – and it’s a good thing because they need him.

There are other factors at work here, a lot of variables other than Maclin, but consider this: Since Week 11 last year, the Eagles are 7-0 when Maclin plays and 0-3 when he doesn’t.

In those seven wins, they’ve averaged 26 points per game, and in the three losses they’ve averaged 13 points per game.

Let’s take it even farther.

Since Maclin’s rookie year, 2009, the Eagles are 29-17 when Maclin plays (.630) and 2-3 when he doesn’t (.400). When he plays, they average 27 points per game, and when he doesn’t, they average 18 points per game.

When Maclin and Jackson both play, the Eagles are 28-15. When one of them doesn’t, they’re 3-5.

But we don't really need him. Laughing
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^But he's no better than Reggie Brown. Laughing
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many playoff games did the Eagles win with Maclin? How many with James Trash?
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
How many playoff games did the Eagles win with Maclin? How many with James Trash?

Do you get tired of being wrong?
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Do you get tired of being wrong?

You serious man? That's the greatest argument I've ever seen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: