Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Maclin still our best pure receiver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
source


Yeah I didn't mean to challenge you, it's just interesting that they were mistaken on the official website. No harm, no foul.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25019
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.


I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.


Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


No matter the details, it was still clearly Avant and Maclin's fault somehow. Laughing Even though we scored on a 70 yard TD.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 31383
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


No matter the details, it was still clearly Avant and Maclin's fault somehow. Laughing Even though we scored on a 70 yard TD.


it was the lions horrible secondaries fault. if I was a coach in the nfl someone would have been benched.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25019
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


No matter the details, it was still clearly Avant and Maclin's fault somehow. Laughing Even though we scored on a 70 yard TD.


it was the lions horrible secondaries fault. if I was a coach in the nfl someone would have been benched.


If you were a coach in the NFL you'd have no team already by this point in the season because you'd have fired everyone.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8562
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.


I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.


Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


How does that conflict with my assertion that the defense misidentified the two players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25019
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.


I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.


Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


How does that conflict with my assertion that the defense misidentified the two players?


Just because you aren't smart enough to distinguish two clearly different WRs doesn't mean a NFL secondary wont.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8562
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.


I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.


Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


How does that conflict with my assertion that the defense misidentified the two players?


Just because you aren't smart enough to distinguish two clearly different WRs doesn't mean a NFL secondary wont.


If you were smart you would have posted something that contradicted what I wrote and not something that confirmed my assertion. An NFL team intentionally assigning triple coverage to a receiver with 2 TDs in 37 games? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8373
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.


I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.


Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


How does that conflict with my assertion that the defense misidentified the two players?


Just because you aren't smart enough to distinguish two clearly different WRs doesn't mean a NFL secondary wont.


If you were smart you would have posted something that contradicted what I wrote and not something that confirmed my assertion. An NFL team intentionally assigning triple coverage to a receiver with 2 TDs in 37 games? Laughing


It clearly was a busted coverage. MM the brain finally showed something different that they weren't prepared for and we scored.
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8562
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We learned yesterday: Uncovered, Maclin can get a ton of YAC.


I swear the defense thought Maclin was Jason Avant. They both are virtually the same size and have the numbers 8 & 1 on their jersey. That was a play that the normally predictable Eagles probably have never called the entire season. Line Maclin up inside? LMAO! Never! The Defense just assumed it was really Avant and treated Avant like he deserves to be treated. Leave him wide open on a few plays.


Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


How does that conflict with my assertion that the defense misidentified the two players?


Just because you aren't smart enough to distinguish two clearly different WRs doesn't mean a NFL secondary wont.


If you were smart you would have posted something that contradicted what I wrote and not something that confirmed my assertion. An NFL team intentionally assigning triple coverage to a receiver with 2 TDs in 37 games? Laughing


It clearly was a busted coverage. MM the brain finally showed something different that they weren't prepared for and we scored.


Well isn't confusing Avant with Maclin a busted coverage? Why yes it is... KYP...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 31383
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


No matter the details, it was still clearly Avant and Maclin's fault somehow. Laughing Even though we scored on a 70 yard TD.


it was the lions horrible secondaries fault. if I was a coach in the nfl someone would have been benched.


If you were a coach in the NFL you'd have no team already by this point in the season because you'd have fired everyone.


My team would be undefeated bro.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Actually, if you watch the play again like 2 or 3 defenders followed Avant on his route which opened everything up for MacDaddy.


No matter the details, it was still clearly Avant and Maclin's fault somehow. Laughing Even though we scored on a 70 yard TD.


it was the lions horrible secondaries fault. if I was a coach in the nfl someone would have been benched.


If you were a coach in the NFL you'd have no team already by this point in the season because you'd have fired everyone.


My team would be undefeated bro.


#InNinjaWeTrust
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group