Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let the hyperbole begin....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Let the hyperbole begin.... Reply with quote

ESPN Insider article asking can Texans go undefeated

I do not have Insider access....

Can't post insider articles or any article you need to pay to see. I edited it out and added what it asks. We can discuss from that

mse
norg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the goal is to secure a bye and home field then coast throw the rest of the season treating the last 4 games like there pre season if u have won en ough games by that point staying healthy is more important
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad mse (I was not posting and asking for someone to load the article... I was just posting a link to the part that was readable for free.)

The story seems to intimate (in the beginning) that the Texans now seem to be the team to beat in the AFC
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think yesterday marked the actual "crowning" of this team in the eyes of the mainstream media. The Texans O looked very diverse, the defense managed to stop Peyton Manning for 3/4th of the game, and they were able to close things out when the game was on the line. This has been a team that was a popular pick prior to the season, but the wins against less than stellar teams in Jacksonville and Miami got the mainstream media forgetting about this team. Beating Manning on the same field where he opened up with an impressive W against the Steelers will turn heads and get attention from the network and other outlets.

I fully expect the hype to die down the minute the Texans lose a game (which, they will). Whether it be against Baltimore, Green Bay, NYJ - heck, Tenn this week - when the clock strikes 00:00 and the Texans don't have as many points as the opposing team, the media will be quick to forget about us.

That's what I want, to be honest. I hate being at the top of the mountain this early. Would much prefer to be #1 in February. Wink

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to temper our expectations when it comes to the mainstream press embracing the Texans and should really not care. We have as many playoff wins as the Cowboys have had since 1996 yet Romo probably triples the mainstream press mentions as Schaub and Dez Bryant and his 1 career 100 yard game still rolls off the tongue more often than hall of famer Andre Johnson.

The part that is maddening to me is that the Patriots will get all of this run out of a poorly officiated game, while the announcers failed to even mention that Peyton Manning was 2 yards past the line of scrimmage on one play during the Broncos 16 play drive (why Kubiak didn't challenge is a separate problem), and how absolutely ridiculous that PI penalty on Kareem was. Like the announcers, these scab ref's were clearly caught up in the excitement of a Peyton led rally and overlooked blatant offensive penalties, tried to hand Thomas a TD, and threw a 30 yard flag on a ticky tick PI call where the official right in front of the play felt KJ has every bit as much right to the ball as the WR, but the flag came from the opposite side of the field and was honored instead of being picked up as it should have been.

Worse still was that the coverage of this game became "Peyton ALMOST does it again." Seriously, Peyton Manning has been flat AWFUL 6 of the past 8 quarters and staged some rallies against prevent defenses, still loses, yet that is STILL the story. 26 of his balls hit turf yesterday folks! Meanwhile Matt Schaub delivers one of the guttiest, toughest performances, I've ever seen ON THE ROAD with BLATANT attempts to injure him, using Kevin Walter, Lestar Jean, and Garret Graham, to pull away while overcoming his 7th round joke of a RT trying to stop Dumervil and Von Miller. For goodness sakes, if the sexiness of 7 big plays and grotesque violence including his bloody carcass getting back up after a 2nd assault doesn't warrant billing over an over the hill Manning in orange missing wide open receivers, nothing ever will. Let's just win a Championship and maybe Matt can get himself something cooler than a Manning brothers "fairy" commercial next year.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this week you folks will be back down to earth Cool

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
After this week you folks will be back down to earth Cool

How's CJOK doing? Laughing

I look forward to watching the matchup this week. If Locker and the rest of the wideouts play as well as they did against the Lions, it could be a very interesting game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: