Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
How about we put dhALL at free safety and start Brandon at SS? . Shall is just not a good corner he is so inconsistent. Rather see Crawford start .

lol

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
RG3 to stop selling the fake to.avoid getting hit so much.
Quote:
The Washington Redskins rookie quarterback said Wednesday that he's going to start making it clear that he doesn't have the ball when he hands it off on an option play.

By selling the fake, Griffin has been vulnerable to jarring, legal hits from defenders. Coach Mike Shanahan says he doesn't want Griffin taking that many shots

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/redskins-rg3-will-stop-selling-fake-avoid-hits
the only way he's going to stop taking so many shots is if they quit running the option. It's in the shanahans hands. We can have a successful offense IMO w/o Griffin running the ball on so many designed runs.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Quote:
The Washington Redskins rookie quarterback said Wednesday that he's going to start making it clear that he doesn't have the ball when he hands it off on an option play.

By selling the fake, Griffin has been vulnerable to jarring, legal hits from defenders. Coach Mike Shanahan says he doesn't want Griffin taking that many shots

the only way he's going to stop taking so many shots is if they quit running the option. It's in the shanahans hands. We can have a successful offense IMO w/o Griffin running the ball on so many designed runs.

Amd by stop selling the fake for so long. If he acts like he has it the D can hit him,which they have been. Confused

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Blknite01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Ill be there!!! Im sure ill see the cannon s get shot off Sad Very Happy
ill be there to. 50 yard line 8 rows up on redskins side. Im pumped

Im sitting near the top,but im used to sitting near the top at Fed Ex,so going to ”smaller” stadiums its like sitting mid level at fedex Wink

Haha I'll be up top too lol
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blknite01 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Ill be there!!! Im sure ill see the cannon s get shot off Sad Very Happy
ill be there to. 50 yard line 8 rows up on redskins side. Im pumped

Im sitting near the top,but im used to sitting near the top at Fed Ex,so going to ”smaller” stadiums its like sitting mid level at fedex Wink

Haha I'll be up top too lol

This forum has a lot of,members going to the game.Very cool. Cool

mike23md on the sig
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Quote:

Its not about the option, its the OL and their ability to pass block. When your LT is getting hurt, your RT cant stay healthy, your bound to get hit a bit more. Addressing the OL with legitimate starters and not stop gaps is as much of a need as the secondary.

Griffin needs time in the pocket or the Shanahans need to design quick plays to get the ball out of his hands, like the New Orleans game.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Quote:

Its not about the option, its the OL and their ability to pass block. When your LT is getting hurt, your RT cant stay healthy, your bound to get hit a bit more. Addressing the OL with legitimate starters and not stop gaps is as much of a need as the secondary.

Griffin needs time in the pocket or the Shanahans need to design quick plays to get the ball out of his hands, like the New Orleans game.

While I agree that he's taking shots in the pocket and the OL needs to be improved, I disagree (and agree with Turtle).

The shots that RG3 are taking are primarily when he's running with the ball. And of those runs alot of the shots he's taking are from the option. We should be running that option at most 4 or 5 times a game. It seems like we're running it more and RG3 is getting hit each time we run it.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
While I agree that he's taking shots in the pocket and the OL needs to be improved, I disagree (and agree with Turtle).

The shots that RG3 are taking are primarily when he's running with the ball. And of those runs alot of the shots he's taking are from the option. We should be running that option at most 4 or 5 times a game. It seems like we're running it more and RG3 is getting hit each time we run it.

Yeah I actually thought the offensive line aside from the Left Tackle position(for obvious reasons) had their best game of the season against the Bengals. Shanahan said in a recent press conference that a lot of the shots Griffin was taking against Cincinnati were due to him not handing the ball off quickly enough and instead trying to sell the fake for an extra second or so to give himself more time to decide if he wants to run or give it to the back.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Quote:

We have not run the option like we did in Cincinnati in any other game. But there are other ways of moving the ball and if they have to resort to running an option with Morris and Banks...then we have problems. Then it becomes a matter of not if but when RGIII gets a concussion or worse.

I really dont want to see RGIII lookin like he is 30 by the time he is 25. Gotta protect the franchise. Cannot run the option like we did.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all agree that vs Cincy in the second half ww ran too much option with Griffin and it definitely led to him getting hit too much, even after he pitched the ball. I agree, I hope in the future they stay away from it other than at most 5 times a game like Thai said to keep D's off balance.

To me it just is frustrating because we have a good running game and a good passing game going. I just don't see the need to run the option so much and expose Griffin to those hits.

Hopefully they call it less from the week moving forward because we need him Healthy. He will get several keeper carries and scrambling carries anyways, I really dont think we need the option. To me it seemed like most of his rushing yards came when he was going on a bootleg and the wrs weren't open so he'd run for 5-15 yds or when he scrambled because of coverage or the pass rush, then he'd run for 5-15 yards also.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rizzy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most of you all, I think the Read option plays are fine because he almost always is able to slide. The problem is from the option plays where they get to tee off on him even after he pitches the ball, what is he supposed to do pitch it and then slide lol.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Agree with most of you all, I think the Read option plays are fine because he almost always is able to slide. The problem is from the option plays where they get to tee off on him even after he pitches the ball, what is he supposed to do pitch it and then slide lol.
Yes! I was trying to remember the name of the option that he fakes a hand off. I'm for some Read Option plays, but they need to limit the regular option when he's unexposed

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/28/redskins-notes-good-news-bad-news-for-secondary/

Good news for the secondary!! Brandon Meriweather is expected to play on Sunday.

Cedric Griffin isn't expected to play though because of his hamstring injury.

Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnomes has made a lot of mistakes, but I'd rather he be out their than Williams.

I'm pretty effy on Merriweather being out there. He was good at one point but now...who knows how he fairs in our scheme. Guess will have to see.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/28/redskins-notes-good-news-bad-news-for-secondary/

Good news for the secondary!! Brandon Meriweather is expected to play on Sunday.

Cedric Griffin isn't expected to play though because of his hamstring injury.

Awesome,I think Meriweather helps our struggling secondary out greatly.

mike23md on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: