Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins Reply with quote

vs.

at Raymond James Stadium:

The Rookie Head Coach Greg Schiano
vs.
The Tenure of Mike Shanahan

and

These 2 are going to be hard for the secondary to cover. They are talented and experienced in getting into the endzone.

Gotta keep this man at bay and that means the interior OL is going to have to manage the pass rush better. The Skins cannot handle speed rushers very well and while the Bucs do not have speed rushers, McCoy is a handful and will allow the LB's to rush gaps and create plays.

A Schiano team is going to want to run the football. And they have two bruisers that can do so. Primarily Doug Martin. While their average yards per carry is not that great, they can still wear down a defense.

It is also necessary to get Pierre Garcon onto the field.

He needs to be a key weapon in opening up the middle of the field. Cannot keep this man down any longer with the talent he has. Gotta get him the ball. Especially because the secondary for Tampa Bay is very talented. RGIII might not have a lot of downfield options which is why Davis should be a large part of the gameplan.

and

are going to be the keys to this game. As the running game goes, so does the passing game. RGIII needs to have the pressure reduced on him to give him time in the pocket. He took a lot of hits during the Cincy game and I think that we want him to stick around for a while, so the OL needs to start doing their damn job.

Opening lanes for Morris will take a lot of pressure off the passing game.

And finally.

These guys are dictating games more and more and seem to not understand the concept of letting players play. While the Skins have benefitted from quite a few calls, they have also had to deal with calls that the refs just dont understand.

I better watch it, I might get fined, but these guys are not trained well enough to work the professional games. Its evident and clear. But the one positive I can take from the replacement refs is that without them, we dont have football.

Its going to be a great game and while I can see either team winning, I think that Skins get to .500 with a close one.

Buccaneers 13
Redskins 21

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say hello to 1-3 boys!!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to win this game, but the Bucs defense is as good as the Rams defense. However, at least the interior line is the 'strength' of the team - they struggled versus the Bengals and Rams because their strength was their DEs.

At least we will know whether Merriweather has any positive impact, as I expect he will play.

Blknite01's masterpiece
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be fun

Bucs-34
Redskins-31

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread mike23md! Ok, well I think this is going to be another shoot out. Our pass D is one of the worst in the league again, same as 2010. I hope Garcon come back and plays, if he does that helps us out greatly, but he doesn't play pass D. Sad

Anyways I see us putting up a lot of points on their D. I see Griffin having a huge game: 350 yds, 3 tds

Skins- 31
Bucs- 34
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be there!!! Im sure ill see the cannon s get shot off Sad Very Happy

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
At least we will know whether Merriweather has any positive impact, as I expect he will play.
I hope so. We need something back there and I think he's an upgrade but not a great upgrade over Gomes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
I hope so. We need something back there and I think he's an upgrade but not a great upgrade over Gomes.

While Gomes hasn't been great, I expect Merriweather will replace Madieu Williams in the starting line-up. He doesn't play very smart, and he picked up at least one more fine that should be +21k. If the defense is going to be poor anyway, might as well have the young kid out there to see if the need at safety is greater than the need at tackle.

I doubt Tanard will be re-instated.

Blknite01's masterpiece
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

While Gomes hasn't been great, I expect Merriweather will replace Madieu Williams in the starting line-up. He doesn't play very smart, and he picked up at least one more fine that should be +21k. If the defense is going to be poor anyway, might as well have the young kid out there to see if the need at safety is greater than the need at tackle.

Tanard can't even apply till late Aug 2013.. Are u saying Meriweather will play free and Gomes strong ? Or they'll switch out ?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I agree with this Footy. Good post. I'd like to see Gomes out there going toward but I'm not sure the coaches do that.
Blknite01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Say hello to 1-3 boys!!

Hope not, this will be my first ever Redskins game I go to! haha
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see -- we lose 7-6,, or 24-21 or 54-51 or ,,well the point is the defense will give up more than the offense can score regardless of the score..
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Tanard can't even apply till late Aug 2013.. Are u saying Meriweather will play free and Gomes strong ? Or they'll switch out ?

I would play Gomes at FS, Merriweather at SS...but they should have similar responsibilities anyway. There is not Sean at FS, so we should not be playing cover 1.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's have a blowout for a change. 38-17 Redskins. Why not? Laughing
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna lie.
This would be a HUGE win, to getting back in the NFC East race and going 2-2.

You have the 2-1 Eagles playing the 2-1 Giants next week.
so somebody is going 3-1 and the other 2-2.

And Eagles win over the Giants put the Giants 2-2, but more importantly...0-2 in the Division.
Which is what I will be hoping for.

Cause if we were to somehow upset the Giants in Wk-7, them going 0-3 in the Division would be a big blow to them.

My point is...
We are far from out of this race.
If our Defense can step it up somehow, but Offense to continue to average 33 pts per game like it is now?
We will be in this thing, gentleman...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: